Jump to topic:

Today's current stock market

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 2:28:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey guys, Its been awhile. I wanted to ask if anyone knew or had an opinion on the current conditions of today's stock market? Please respond because I have been slacking off a lot this summer and past semester. My economics classes just floated out of my head from last year. I have a internship interview tomorrow so please help a brother out.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 11:11:24 AM
I don't really get your question, but this summer, the stock market has been slow. It hasn't really went in a solid direction. Somewhat up, but not enough to call it a bull market.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 7:05:21 PM
I just wanted how the stock market is doing.

It's okay, thanks for the help. My interview didn't cover the topic as in depth as I thought it would. Yeah the answer slow and slow increase was an acceptable answer for me.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 7:53:43 PM
In my ignorant, quite uninformed opinion, the US markets are currently stagnating a bit because of the uncertainty arising from the situation in Europe.

Perhaps unilateral action from Eurozone leaders would instill back into the markets a bit more confidence. There have been 20 economic summits but vey little action. Spanish bond yields rising and Cyprus now joining the countries asking for Eurozone help is not helping.

Meanwhile in the US, the jobs markets are not encouraging and growth is slow (where it exists).

But the long-term picture is still remarkably good.
Sapere Aude!