Jump to topic:

This Guy Turned $20K Into $2 Million

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 9:17:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Bloomberg came out with a video interview of a retail investor, Chris Camillo, who turned $20k into $2 million via self-directed investing:

http://www.bloomberg.com...

Much of what he says is common investor knowledge - spot trends before Wall Street does, once the Street finds the trend, dump the stock and move on.

Apparently he made this sum of money in 4-5 years of trading, making one big move every 8-9 months. Apparently he only made 8-9 trades in this time, and only one was a dud.

One example he cites is Hunger Games. Someone came up to him and told him how good a book it was, and how if they ever made it into a movie, it would be a blockbuster. Camillo never heard of the book, but came across Lions Gate studios, which just happened to be making the film Hunger Games. The stock doubled/tripled during the time he held it.

So, for anyone looking into investing (probably a lot of people), what do you think of this guy? I'm just surprised he's so articulate in front of a camera. :)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 9:42:09 AM
Sounds to me like that guy got pretty lucky though. I mean, his story about the hunger games was contingent on a bunch of coincidences. I'd liked to have known what his other investments were and why.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 12:33:33 PM
At 1/6/2013 9:42:09 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Sounds to me like that guy got pretty lucky though. I mean, his story about the hunger games was contingent on a bunch of coincidences. I'd liked to have known what his other investments were and why.

$20 says he's gonna write a book on it...:D
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?