wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 4:31:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In 'n' Out made it on Bloomberg today, for various reasons:

1) Apparently Warren Buffett is interested in buying the company
2) In 'n' Out has a cult following (old news)
3) The title of the article is that it's now owned by a 30 year old billionaire without a college education.
http://www.bloomberg.com...

---

In a 2005 article in the Harvard Business Review, Boston- based Bain & Co. consultants Mark Gottfredson and Keith Aspinall attributed the company"s estimated 20 percent profit margins at the time to the simplicity of its limited menu. Contrast that with competitors such as Oak Brook, Illinois-based McDonald"s and Miami-based Burger King Worldwide Inc. (BKW), which regularly change their food offerings.

"Other chains seem to change positions as often as they change their underwear," said Bob Sandelman, chief executive officer of San Clemente, California-based food industry researcher Sandelman & Associates.

Butchers carve fresh beef chuck delivered daily to the company"s distribution facility in Baldwin Park, where hamburger patties leave for restaurants on 18-wheeled refrigerated trucks outfitted with over-sized tires so the In-N-Out logo can be better seen on the highway. The company only expands as far as its trucks can travel in a day, either from the Baldwin Park complex or a newer facility in Dallas, the only two places where the company makes hamburger patties.

---

The thrice-married [Lynsi] Torres has watched her family expand In- N-Out from a single drive-through hamburger stand founded in 1948 in Baldwin Park by her grandparents, Harry and Esther Snyder, into a fast-food empire worth more than $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

---

Your thoughts about this company and its new owner? Any thoughts about Bloomberg sniffing out the 1% of America?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 9:43:47 PM
Buffet has obviously never had a Dick Shake (I have no problem saying it - I LOVE DICK'S!!!)

http://www.ddir.com...

Dick's had this incredible hiring model to keep their costs low - only hire people smart enough to add the prices of all the items in their head such that they had no need for fancy, computerized cash registers. You could order 23 Dick Burgers, 14 Dick fries, 17 Dick Shakes, and the attendant would do it up all in their head, and if you figured it out at home later, they were always correct.

Plus, where else are you gonna get all that Dick legally? (Perhaps at In'n'Out??)

BUT, does In'n'Out come equipped with it's own superstar theme song? Me thinks not. Warren did very poor research on this one.

(point being, EVERY city has an In'n'Out. People just know In'n'Out because of Los Angeles's size, though they do have decent food, but nothing beat a bag of Dick's after a 5-hour heaving boozing)
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 3:10:47 AM
I used to love In N' Out when I ate meat. I still eat there for their "animal fries" which exist on the "secret menu". The fact that they have a huge secret menu makes it all the more fun.

I liked it even more when I used to be Christian. They have little bible verses hidden in obscure places like the bottom of a paper cup.

I'm surprised it's only on the west coast.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 3:23:00 AM
At 2/5/2013 3:10:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I used to love In N' Out when I ate meat. I still eat there for their "animal fries" which exist on the "secret menu". The fact that they have a huge secret menu makes it all the more fun.

I liked it even more when I used to be Christian. They have little bible verses hidden in obscure places like the bottom of a paper cup.

Yeah, no In N' Out's in Jersey. My Cali friends freaked out when I told them I never heard of it. They altogether stopped speaking to me when I said I thought Carls Jr was better =\
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 3:28:31 AM
At 2/5/2013 3:23:00 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Yeah, no In N' Out's in Jersey. My Cali friends freaked out when I told them I never heard of it. They altogether stopped speaking to me when I said I thought Carls Jr was better =\

Carl's Jr. was better before it became Jack In The Box. ("our burgers take a long time to make and they're really expensive..." Oh really? Great PR campaign, genius!!!)

EVERY city has an In'n'Out.

KFC used to be the shiznizzle until Pepsi took it over. Harlen "Colonel" F*ckng Sanders wouldn't eat at his former restaurants after those corporate @ssholes ruined them. He said, in fact, that after they changed the food there that it "wasn't fit to be served to a dog".

The kids in Cali are not going to be happy with the end result here. Guaranteed.

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 9:09:44 AM
If Buffet buys them, I wonder if they'll stop proselytizing on every cup?

And, on the subject of KFC: granted, I can't eat bread and don't eat meat, but before I made the decision to truly make that absolute, I had a Double Down. It was everything I hoped it would be.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 12:12:42 PM

They only open locations that can be reached by their delivery trucks on the same day it leaves their production facilities. It keeps their ingredients fresher.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 12:19:23 PM
At 2/5/2013 3:28:31 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 2/5/2013 3:23:00 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Carl's Jr. was better before it became Jack In The Box. ("our burgers take a long time to make and they're really expensive..." Oh really? Great PR campaign, genius!!!)

I still lol about how their "Six-dollar burgers" are actually $6 now.
EVERY city has an In'n'Out.

Only in cali, unfortunately
KFC used to be the shiznizzle until Pepsi took it over. Harlen "Colonel" F*ckng Sanders wouldn't eat at his former restaurants after those corporate @ssholes ruined them. He said, in fact, that after they changed the food there that it "wasn't fit to be served to a dog".

They have decent popcorn chicken. Other than that i could care less if they went bankrupt tomorrow.
The kids in Cali are not going to be happy with the end result here. Guaranteed.
Needs more Tommy Burgers
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 11:25:43 PM
At 2/5/2013 9:09:44 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
If Buffet buys them, I wonder if they'll stop proselytizing on every cup?

And, on the subject of KFC: granted, I can't eat bread and don't eat meat, but before I made the decision to truly make that absolute, I had a Double Down. It was everything I hoped it would be.

ok, I will admit not accounting for that incredible creation.

When I said every city has an In'n'Out, I meant every city has a regional burger joint like In'n'Out. Heck, McDonald's used to be one of 'em, and I bet they were a helluva lot better when they were. Nationalizing In'n'Out is gonna ruin everything good about it. Mark my words.

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 4:15:38 PM
There are a bunch of In and Outs in Dallas area. Year ago when opened the lines were insane. They have died down considerably. They have their followers, but really, how good can a burger get, not to mention the multitudes of competitors with Purple Cow, Mooyah, and other made to order places that just have a better higher end ambiance than In and Out. They are the Apple of burgers, a good name, created the made to order simplify concept, but have no innovation any longer.