CUNSPIRACY (nac)

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 2:47:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/28/2013 11:43:13 PM, Wnope wrote:
Now if only we were to deregulate the banking industry, that outta solve that.

We should just abolish the Central Bank. That's the only way to subvert the Illuminati.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 3:41:03 AM
At 4/30/2013 2:47:11 AM, Cermank wrote:

We should just abolish the Central Bank. That's the only way to subvert the Illuminati.

Do you know any good economics forums? Active ones that I could discuss these things on?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 6:42:01 AM
At 4/30/2013 3:41:03 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Do you know any good economics forums? Active ones that I could discuss these things on?

Mises is good. Its really active, I once asked a question on Marx and the thread went on for 200 posts. Other than that, I don't really know :-( College forums are good, of course. I usually go through blogs.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 4:06:41 PM
At 4/30/2013 6:42:01 AM, Cermank wrote:

Mises is good. Its really active, I once asked a question on Marx and the thread went on for 200 posts. Other than that, I don't really know :-( College forums are good, of course. I usually go through blogs.

Mises is full of libertarians. I usually go on Civfanatics, but I'm banned for like the sixth time (have to wait a week).
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2013 11:02:55 PM
At 4/30/2013 4:06:41 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Mises is full of libertarians. I usually go on Civfanatics, but I'm banned for like the sixth time (have to wait a week).

Lol. What did you do?
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 9:06:43 AM
At 4/30/2013 11:02:55 PM, Cermank wrote:

Lol. What did you do?

Some guy said: "So free speech in China isn't just the right thing to do, it will also result in a bunch of authoritarians being drawn an quartered? Double win!"

I replied: "So.. authoritarianism is bad because it helps authoritarians stay in power, who don't deserve to stay in power because they support authoritarianism, which, as we've established, is bad?"

His response: "No, it's because the death of an authoritarian amuses me greatly. There are other reasons too, but at bottom I simply hate authoritarian leaders for drawing breath on the same earth as me. I could no more learn to appreciate the upsides of authoritarianism than I could come to appreciate the nuances of a sh*t sandwich.

Not a very sophisticated answer, but there you have it. I don't have a justification for disliking authoritarianism because I don't seek one. It's basic for me."

And then I said this to illustrate the absurdity of his reasoning: "The death of a negro amuses me greatly. There are other reasons too, but at bottom I simply hate negroes for drawing breath on the same earth as me. I could no more learn to appreciate the upsides of dark skin than I could come to appreciate the nuances of a sh*t sandwich.

Not a very sophisticated answer, but there you have it. I don't have a justification for disliking negroes because I don't seek one. It's basic for me."

Apparently mods don't understand facetiousness. He didn't ban me, he gave me an infraction, but that just pushed me over the critical threshold where the amount of accumulated infractions you have automatically bans you for a week. The regulations are insanely strict on that site, anyway.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 9:24:56 AM
At 5/1/2013 9:06:43 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Lol. What did you do?

Some guy said: "So free speech in China isn't just the right thing to do, it will also result in a bunch of authoritarians being drawn an quartered? Double win!"

I replied: "So.. authoritarianism is bad because it helps authoritarians stay in power, who don't deserve to stay in power because they support authoritarianism, which, as we've established, is bad?"

His response: "No, it's because the death of an authoritarian amuses me greatly. There are other reasons too, but at bottom I simply hate authoritarian leaders for drawing breath on the same earth as me. I could no more learn to appreciate the upsides of authoritarianism than I could come to appreciate the nuances of a sh*t sandwich.

Not a very sophisticated answer, but there you have it. I don't have a justification for disliking authoritarianism because I don't seek one. It's basic for me."

And then I said this to illustrate the absurdity of his reasoning: "The death of a negro amuses me greatly. There are other reasons too, but at bottom I simply hate negroes for drawing breath on the same earth as me. I could no more learn to appreciate the upsides of dark skin than I could come to appreciate the nuances of a sh*t sandwich.

Not a very sophisticated answer, but there you have it. I don't have a justification for disliking negroes because I don't seek one. It's basic for me."

Apparently mods don't understand facetiousness. He didn't ban me, he gave me an infraction, but that just pushed me over the critical threshold where the amount of accumulated infractions you have automatically bans you for a week. The regulations are insanely strict on that site, anyway.

I'm pretty sure a "facetious" comment like that would get eyes on you on this site as well. Your statement is quite nuanced, and I would imagine it would be very easy for people, especially if they just read your comment, to be extremely offended. My guess is that someone reported you, and the mods obliged.

You could probably attempt to explain this to the mods to get the other guy banned as well, or to lessen the severity of your punishment. I agree with your logic and appreciate what you are trying to demonstrate.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 11:03:03 AM

It actually kind of irritates me that the debate is either between full-blown Marxism and complete free-markets without much middle ground between when it would be considered good to restrict certain trade or business practice or not.

One of the reasons I somewhat identify w/ libertarianisms, is that even if it would beneficial to restrict certain trade or business practices, one also has to take into consideration cost of enforcement and difficulty that businesses would have w/ complying w/ these laws.

But even with these constrains, there are certain cases where restrictions can be good.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 4:49:19 PM
At 5/1/2013 9:24:56 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

Lol. What did you do?

I'm pretty sure a "facetious" comment like that would get eyes on you on this site as well. Your statement is quite nuanced, and I would imagine it would be very easy for people, especially if they just read your comment, to be extremely offended. My guess is that someone reported you, and the mods obliged.

You could probably attempt to explain this to the mods to get the other guy banned as well, or to lessen the severity of your punishment. I agree with your logic and appreciate what you are trying to demonstrate.

Um... did you read my post? No, I can't get the guy banned (what did he even do?) and I can't lessen my punishment because, as I said, the mod only gave me an infraction while the banning was automatic. If anything, it was probably over the use of the word "negro."
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:26:30 PM
At 4/28/2013 9:53:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
http://m.rollingstone.com...

Whatcha gonna say now, eh?

That source is invalid.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:37:07 PM
At 5/1/2013 5:26:30 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/28/2013 9:53:04 AM, Cermank wrote:
http://m.rollingstone.com...

Whatcha gonna say now, eh?

That source is invalid.

Why?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 11:26:46 PM
At 5/1/2013 4:49:19 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Um... did you read my post? No, I can't get the guy banned (what did he even do?) and I can't lessen my punishment because, as I said, the mod only gave me an infraction while the banning was automatic. If anything, it was probably over the use of the word "negro."

I'd have to agree with zohar here. People make satirical jokes like that all the time on this site to make a point about the absurdity of an argument or comment. You wouldn't even get a warning for something like that here.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 12:37:24 AM
At 5/1/2013 9:24:56 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

Lol. What did you do?

I'm going to firstly politely ask that cease making these trivial remarks (the bolded) that do not advance the discussion and only serve to irritate.

Yes, I did read your post, otherwise I would not have bothered to comment. To your question, "what did he even do?", the obvious retort would be "what did YOU do that deserved getting banned?" If you cannot lessen your punishment, which was dealt because you attempted to highlight the offensive nature of "his" argument, then you are essentially stating that "he" should have received like in kind, and should also be banned from the website.

Unless you do not understand your own argument, of course, or did not read your own post.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 12:39:38 AM
At 5/1/2013 11:26:46 PM, Oryus wrote:

I'd have to agree with zohar here. People make satirical jokes like that all the time on this site to make a point about the absurdity of an argument or comment. You wouldn't even get a warning for something like that here.

My point was if someone took Eitan's comment completely out of context, and simply quoted what he wrote without referencing the original statement, then Eitan's statement could have easily be construed as something belonging on a white supremacy website. The possibility of such would merit censorship.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 12:40:59 AM
At 5/2/2013 12:39:38 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 5/1/2013 11:26:46 PM, Oryus wrote:

My point was if someone took Eitan's comment completely out of context, and simply quoted what he wrote without referencing the original statement, then Eitan's statement could have easily be construed as something belonging on a white supremacy website. The possibility of such would merit censorship.

And, just to bring the point home, I would challenge you to create a thread with no linking or explanation that had Eitan's statement, and only Eitan's statement.