Jump to topic:

State Lottery

pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:50:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Even though I don't necessarily agree with state legislated gambling because of its hypocrisy. Is there a way they could increase the odds of winning without decreasing the total amount being given away?

If a state has a 20 million dollar lottery, decrease it to the maximum amount obtainable to $2,000 dollars and that would guarantee 20,000 winners in every state that holds these lotteries. With the economy the way it is the majority of us could use $2,000.

I don't play the lottery, but if my odds were better I'd probably gamble on it a little (or a lot depending).

I've never looked into exactly how or why the lotteries exist either but I might after this post.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 8:24:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well you forget the states cut, which is a lot, and then of course the people in charge of the lottery get a cut. So odds are against you right out of the gate. Then you have a greater chance of spending more than 2,000 dollars than you do of winning 2000 dollars.
So the number of winners nor the prize size matter, odds are you'll lose money playing the lotto no matter what.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler