Jump to topic:

Hard Money vs Soft Money

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 7:08:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In my opinion soft money is better. Hard Money is prone to deflation while soft money is prone to inflation. Inflation is better than deflation, and a conservative monetary policy can prevent the inflation of soft money.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 7:51:30 AM
High levels of inflation, or hyperinflation is almost as bad as deflation. Moderate level of inflation is desirable, and maintaining that level requires intelligent central bank intervention.

I don't really think we can compare pure hard money vs soft money. Cash has some advantages, ze soft money has other advantages, so giving up on any one of them is hardcore. Even if you say that the proportion of soft money should be greater than the proportion of hard money, soft money has the ability to generate itself, as in, to expand beyond its actual value, so the optimum mix can only be maintained by interactive fed policies.

It's not as much about the form of money as it is about the policies adopted by the Central Bank.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 8:31:08 AM
At 5/22/2013 7:51:30 AM, Cermank wrote:
High levels of inflation, or hyperinflation is almost as bad as deflation. Moderate level of inflation is desirable, and maintaining that level requires intelligent central bank intervention.

I don't really think we can compare pure hard money vs soft money. Cash has some advantages, ze soft money has other advantages, so giving up on any one of them is hardcore. Even if you say that the proportion of soft money should be greater than the proportion of hard money, soft money has the ability to generate itself, as in, to expand beyond its actual value, so the optimum mix can only be maintained by interactive fed policies.

It's not as much about the form of money as it is about the policies adopted by the Central Bank.

That being said, hard money makes for a great reserve, as it is less prone to the policies adopted by any Central Bank.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 8:36:12 AM
At 5/22/2013 8:31:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 5/22/2013 7:51:30 AM, Cermank wrote:

That being said, hard money makes for a great reserve, as it is less prone to the policies adopted by any Central Bank.

oh, and if it isn't clear, I agree with everything you stated, of course. :)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?