Jump to topic:

The Great Canadian Sperm Shortage

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 7:25:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"The US is a world leader in sperm exports primarily because sperm banks in the U.S. are run on a for-profit basis. As a result, US sperm is reckoned to be of high quality particularly because the US version comes with a background on the vitals of the donor. Denmark also exports a lot of sperm because of high standards and demand for that blond, blue-eyed look.

Exports to Canada have increased in recent years because of a scandal involving poorly screened Canadian sperm. Canadians also import a lot of US eggs. The Canadian government, however, is apparently miffed as a new law is being readied that would forbid donations involving a paid donor. The law would not only make paid donation illegal in Canada it would make it illegal to use any paid-for sperm. Canadian couples seeking fertility options will suffer and who will benefit? I cannot think that this law is anything but spiteful and ridiculous. Is paying for sperm an original sin?"

http://marginalrevolution.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 6:43:16 PM
Really?

I have donated plenty of sperm in Canada. Only thing is that I skipped the whole charity thing and gave it straight to the vaginas of Canadian women.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:08:28 AM
At 6/19/2013 6:43:16 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Really?

I have donated plenty of sperm in Canada. Only thing is that I skipped the whole charity thing and gave it straight to the vaginas of Canadian women.

*vomits*
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:12:33 AM
At 6/18/2013 7:25:04 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
"The US is a world leader in sperm exports primarily because sperm banks in the U.S. are run on a for-profit basis. As a result, US sperm is reckoned to be of high quality particularly because the US version comes with a background on the vitals of the donor. Denmark also exports a lot of sperm because of high standards and demand for that blond, blue-eyed look.

Note to self... Move to Denmark

Exports to Canada have increased in recent years because of a scandal involving poorly screened Canadian sperm. Canadians also import a lot of US eggs. The Canadian government, however, is apparently miffed as a new law is being readied that would forbid donations involving a paid donor. The law would not only make paid donation illegal in Canada it would make it illegal to use any paid-for sperm. Canadian couples seeking fertility options will suffer and who will benefit? I cannot think that this law is anything but spiteful and ridiculous. Is paying for sperm an original sin?"

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 5:04:51 AM
At 6/21/2013 1:12:33 AM, imabench wrote:

Note to self... Move to Denmark

You, my friend, don't have to trouble yourself.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2013 9:41:38 PM
Hmm...Quadafi promised Muslims would colonize Europe without a shot fired. US and Denmark respond with high quality Aryan sperm exports. Oh my goodness! Manson was right! THE RACE WARS ARE REAL!!!
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 1:03:53 PM
At 6/19/2013 6:43:16 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Really?

TMI
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
mathdebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 4:15:42 PM
Make sure to not send any to China or India.

But imagine this...one of those sperm banks being bombed while a clothes-less women's rights march was walking past.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 11:32:11 AM
So what you're saying is if you put the maximum price for a good at zero there are going to be massive shortages?

You're telling me that the laws of economics apply no matter what bone headed politicians think?

Shocking.
danonda12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 2:38:10 PM

I remember hearing that Israel had the same problem, lower quality sperm. They numbered it down to the agricultural methods for milk. It seems they keep the cows together and not exercising which actually creates more Estrogen so the cow milk has more estrogen
-Danonda12