Jump to topic:

Russian Alloy Ban

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:59:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright, so recently I proposed a outlandish Petroleum ban on Russia, without thinking about the severe flaws present. I have a more suitable proposal. We should instigate a complete metal ban on Russia. Russian metals serve little necessity, but make up a huge chunk of whatever Russia doesn't make on exporting oil.

http://commons.wikimedia.org...

Now, as far as I know, no western country has any significant reliance on these metals, besides iron and alloy, which can easily be received from West Africa. Now I believe this could work, and I would be interested in knowing any faults in this plan. This ban would apply to all Russian metals including copper and iron, so just getting that out there.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 1:48:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 5:59:06 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Alright, so recently I proposed a outlandish Petroleum ban on Russia, without thinking about the severe flaws present. I have a more suitable proposal. We should instigate a complete metal ban on Russia. Russian metals serve little necessity, but make up a huge chunk of whatever Russia doesn't make on exporting oil.

http://commons.wikimedia.org...

Now, as far as I know, no western country has any significant reliance on these metals, besides iron and alloy, which can easily be received from West Africa. Now I believe this could work, and I would be interested in knowing any faults in this plan. This ban would apply to all Russian metals including copper and iron, so just getting that out there.

If you want an actual, effective ban on Russia, you should ban its military...which would entail destroying it first. Short that, everything else is going to be ineffective.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?