Posted: 2 years ago
Lets just start debating budget plans

Democrat Alternative Budget 2013
http://democrats.budget.house.gov...

Path to Prosperity
http://budget.house.gov...

Libertarian "A Clear Vision"
http://www.paul.senate.gov...

2005 Green Party Budget (Sorry, couldn't access later versions)
http://www.gp.org...
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:45:53 PM
I've skimmed each one and out of those budget plans I liked the illustrations and concise quality of the libertarian budget plan the best. That said, I believe that the republican philosophy of a small government, low regulation, and low taxes are the key to economic growth. The only caveat with this, is that I agree with the democratic viewpoint that government spending to increase demand in the economy is necessary during a recession. The libertarian view overlaps a lot with the republican view but I disagree with them on foreign policy and the lack of regulation in areas of drug legalization and prostitution.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 4:20:52 PM
At 4/30/2014 2:45:53 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've skimmed each one and out of those budget plans I liked the illustrations and concise quality of the libertarian budget plan the best.

Really , ban public education, commerce agencies, and federal spending on infrastructure? The libs believe in no taxes, subsidies, and pretty much all forms of economic anarchism.

That said, I believe that the republican philosophy of a small government, low regulation, and low taxes are the key to economic growth.

Certainly there is some benefits to keeping low interaction in government growth, but the GOP philosophy will keep stimulating the 1%, overpowering the 50% and 20%. These groups need to be stimulated further, which can only be done with more monetary policy and higher wages.

The only caveat with this, is that I agree with the democratic viewpoint that government spending to increase demand in the economy is necessary during a recession.

So the government should wait for a recession to fix the economy? We can stop it from happening in the first place.

The libertarian view overlaps a lot with the republican view but I disagree with them on foreign policy and the lack of regulation in areas of drug legalization and prostitution.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 6:48:52 PM
At 4/30/2014 4:20:52 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/30/2014 2:45:53 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've skimmed each one and out of those budget plans I liked the illustrations and concise quality of the libertarian budget plan the best.

Really , ban public education, commerce agencies, and federal spending on infrastructure? The libs believe in no taxes, subsidies, and pretty much all forms of economic anarchism.

I was only saying that I liked the concise quality and illustrations in the libertarian budget plan. It had nothing to do with the content. I don't agree with the libertarian point of view.

That said, I believe that the republican philosophy of a small government, low regulation, and low taxes are the key to economic growth.

Certainly there is some benefits to keeping low interaction in government growth, but the GOP philosophy will keep stimulating the 1%, overpowering the 50% and 20%. These groups need to be stimulated further, which can only be done with more monetary policy and higher wages.

I agree with the monetary policy that we have now, but it's undeniable that low taxes and less regulation resulting in the rich becoming richer have trickle-down effects that benefit the middle and lower class. Higher wages are a fine line to walk. I think that slow fluctuations in the minimum wage won't cause unemployment but we can't be certain how much is too much when it comes to raising the minimum wage. Ideally, employers won't skimp on employee wages but rather cut into surpluses that would've been sitting in a bank.

The only caveat with this, is that I agree with the democratic viewpoint that government spending to increase demand in the economy is necessary during a recession.

So the government should wait for a recession to fix the economy? We can stop it from happening in the first place.

the most efficient economy on the macro level is one where the government stays out unless there's an environment stifling growth like during a recession.

The libertarian view overlaps a lot with the republican view but I disagree with them on foreign policy and the lack of regulation in areas of drug legalization and prostitution.