Jump to topic:

Democrats tax LESS then conservatives

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 10:39:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The video tells it all people. Even the beloved Clinton, when our economy was at all time extremes. We simply disagree on what to tax.

Point: Stop using that cheesy federal taxation line to justify your existence GOP
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
AnsweringAtheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 11:28:13 AM
At 5/4/2014 10:39:34 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
The video tells it all people. Even the beloved Clinton, when our economy was at all time extremes. We simply disagree on what to tax.

Point: Stop using that cheesy federal taxation line to justify your existence GOP

On average, they also spend less and are more fiscally responsible and are better at job creation.

http://www.politifact.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 7:42:23 PM

Did you seriously just make me waste 5 minutes listening to Bill Mayer waiting for this bombshell about taxation that never occurred?
You do know how to think, right?

Nowhere do I recall him saying anything about taxes.
The only thing that really compared Dems to Repubs was that chart, which dealt with a decreased in growth. That has very little to do with taxing less.
My work here is, finally, done.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:06:19 PM
At 5/4/2014 7:42:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Did you seriously just make me waste 5 minutes listening to Bill Mayer waiting for this bombshell about taxation that never occurred?

The only thing that really compared Dems to Repubs was that chart, which dealt with a decreased in growth. That has very little to do with taxing less.

Yeah it did. The video was on taxation growth, where reagan, bush 1, and bush 2 raised tax rates 700% higher then the taxation rates that Obama and Clinton raised.

The argument that Conservatives support less taxation is false. A conservative wants to cut taxes and increase budgets. After being proven not to work, you guys just end up increasing taxes and raising budgets.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:38:50 PM
At 5/4/2014 8:06:19 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yeah it did. The video was on taxation growth, where reagan, bush 1, and bush 2 raised tax rates 700% higher then the taxation rates that Obama and Clinton raised.
Ummm, no it didn't. The whole segment largely dealt with how Obama is not radical, and fvck Ted Nugent.

There was not one mention of taxation.

The argument that Conservatives support less taxation is false. A conservative wants to cut taxes and increase budgets. After being proven not to work, you guys just end up increasing taxes and raising budgets.

1. Don't say "you guys". You don't know me.
2. Again, the clip shows nothing of this.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:41:51 PM
At 5/4/2014 8:38:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I don't think you watched the video. It shows that democrats have used the least amount off federal spending and taxation compared to republican presidents. Which spent 700% more the Reagan. Start the video at 2:45

Ummm, no it didn't. The whole segment largely dealt with how Obama is not radical, and fvck Ted Nugent.

You must be deaf. Start at 2:45, it also deals with federal spending. Do you want a bill maher bombshell aimed at taxation?

I know what conservatives believe, so I can justifiably say "you guys"
2. Again, the clip shows nothing of this.

Watch the video at 2:45
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:43:04 PM
At 5/4/2014 11:03:48 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Shhhhh, don't confuse the Republitards with facts.

You realize how much statements like this make you sound like a hack, right? I'm not saying this to try to insult you, but to help you. Calm down with the partisan rhetoric, and just attack the views, not the people.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:52:43 PM
At 5/4/2014 8:41:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 8:38:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I don't think you watched the video. It shows that democrats have used the least amount off federal spending and taxation compared to republican presidents. Which spent 700% more the Reagan. Start the video at 2:45

I don't think you know how to listen.
He said "Obama cut taxes and spending", although, he did not cut taxes to my knowledge. He increased them via the additional medicare tax, and there was the holiday, but that reversed. So, I'm not sure exactly where he cut taxes.

And, no, the graph shows the percent increase in fenderal spending.
He never mentions 700%.
At 2:45, he is talking about how Obama would be radical if he did those things.
At about 3:20, he goes back saying how he's not radical.

FEDERAL SPENDING GROWTH =/= TAXATION GROWTH
More importantly, Maher never went into detail. The 700% I can only assume you gathered from the chart, being 7% more, but that isn't 700% more in spending.
The federal budget has nearly doubled since 1996, so it is statistically impossible for Obama to have spent less than Reagan.
http://www.whitehouse.gov...

You must be deaf. Start at 2:45, it also deals with federal spending. Do you want a bill maher bombshell aimed at taxation?
I'd love for him to do so, but he didn't.
He made a general comment and showed a graph with increase in federal spending.

I know what conservatives believe, so I can justifiably say "you guys"
You don't know me, so don't lump me in.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 8:59:00 PM
Do me a favor, okay?
Type out verbatim what he said, and time stamp it.
Because I am not hearing it, and I've watched 2:30 to 3:30 three times now, including the first time watching it though.

Show me where I am wrong, using Maher's words.
That will put me in my place.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:00:10 PM
At 5/4/2014 8:43:04 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:

You realize how much statements like this make you sound like a hack, right? I'm not saying this to try to insult you, but to help you. Calm down with the partisan rhetoric, and just attack the views, not the people.

Hey, did you watch the video?
Did I miss this tax comparison, or is Jifpop just being stupid?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:01:16 PM
At 5/4/2014 8:59:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?
Because I am not hearing it, and I've watched 2:30 to 3:30 three times now, including the first time watching it though.

Are you sseriously being blind to that whole chart. That chart, was on presidential federal spending. It was lowest under democrat presidents.Instead of pretending its not there, tell me what YOU think the graph means, because that's the only legitimate way to defend you denying its not there.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:03:54 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:01:16 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

Are you sseriously being blind to that whole chart. That chart, was on presidential federal spending. It was lowest under democrat presidents.Instead of pretending its not there, tell me what YOU think the graph means, because that's the only legitimate way to defend you denying its not there.

The chart was on the PERCENT INCREASE IN FEDERAL SPENDING.
Listen to him say it. He says "INCREASE IN SPENDING".
Increase, being the most important word.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:05:03 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:03:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

EXACTLY. Federal spending and taxation "He specifically said this" increased at its highest rates under republican presidents. Now that were on the same page, argue that
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:05:30 PM
Do me a favor, okay?

I'm done.
I've explained three times what that chart is.

I'm not playing this stupid game with you.
Just like last time, when you accused me of saying something you actually said.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:07:15 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:05:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

I'm done.

Hey, your trying to disprove the graph by disproving its existence. We agree on what it is. Increases in federal spending and taxation, so what the fuk are you arguing about?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:08:22 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:05:03 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

EXACTLY. Federal spending and taxation "He specifically said this" increased at its highest rates under republican presidents. Now that were on the same page, argue that

Yes. RATES. That means increase.
He didn't spend less. He didn't tax less. He spent slowly.

Here:
President A increases the budget by 33% from 300M to 400M.
President B increases the budge by 25% from 400M to 500M.

Do you see how they both can spend the exact same increase, and one increases at a lower rate?
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:09:03 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:00:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I did. They showed a spending growth graph and said that it showed he cut spending (though it still showed growth), and literally one mention of taxes when he said "he cut taxes and spending"
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:09:34 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:07:15 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:05:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

I'm done.

Hey, your trying to disprove the graph by disproving its existence. We agree on what it is. Increases in federal spending and taxation, so what the fuk are you arguing about?

I never denied the graph.
We do not agree on what it is.
SPENDING =/= TAXATION
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:09:50 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:08:22 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

Here:

Do you see how they both can spend the exact same increase, and one increases at a lower rate?

Your logic is flawed. Obama has actually cut taxes more then Bush 1 and Reagan, which defeats that argument. Clinton as well
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:10:36 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:09:03 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:00:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I did. They showed a spending growth graph and said that it showed he cut spending (though it still showed growth), and literally one mention of taxes when he said "he cut taxes and spending"

Thank you.

That makes two people jifpop.
Nothing in this video defends what you are saying.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:14:13 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:09:50 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

Here:

Your logic is flawed. Obama has actually cut taxes more then Bush 1 and Reagan, which defeats that argument. Clinton as well

Then explain to me how Obama has cut taxes. What, specifically, did he cut?
Also, what about Bush 2? His line was pretty big...you know, from the wars and recessions.

And Obama merely continued the Bush tax cuts for the poor.
So, Bush 2 cut taxes AND increased spending.
Thus proving federal spending =/= taxation.

My logic?
It's called basic math.
33% of 300M is 100M
25% of 400M is 100M.
Therefore, a 100M increase is a different RATE given the two starting points.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:16:13 PM
At 5/4/2014 9:14:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/4/2014 9:09:50 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Do me a favor, okay?

Here:

Then explain to me how Obama has cut taxes. What, specifically, did he cut?
Also, what about Bush 2? His line was pretty big...you know, from the wars and recessions.

And Obama merely continued the Bush tax cuts for the poor.
So, Bush 2 cut taxes AND increased spending.
Thus proving federal spending =/= taxation.

My logic?
It's called basic math.
33% of 300M is 100M
25% of 400M is 100M.
Therefore, a 100M increase is a different RATE given the two starting points.

Your not getting the POINT. The point is that under republican presidents, taxes have increased at their highest growth. Under democrats they have grown much slower (because taxes grow with the economy).

Get it now?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 9:24:25 PM

Yeah, I get what you're saying. To be honest, it could be because I've been debating people for the past, let's say, week who actually were right-wing hacks. But you're right: by no means are all right-wingers dumb, and I was wrong to suggest as much, especially because that's not actually my position.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 7:39:42 AM
At 5/4/2014 9:16:13 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Your not getting the POINT. The point is that under republican presidents, taxes have increased at their highest growth. Under democrats they have grown much slower (because taxes grow with the economy).

Get it now?

No.
Taxation is not the same as spending. Why can you not understand that.
Tax revenue is not the same as "taxes".
If taxes grow with the economy, and taxes increased more under republicans, then the economy grew more under republicans.

You have no idea what you are talking about, which is evident by this entire conversation. Either you are an idiot, a troll, or are misapplying various terms to the point of utter confusion. In either case, I'm done.

This is the second time in this forum that you have made it impossible to have a conversation. This time, by saying I ignored the chart and what was said (even though nothing was said and the chart is not what you thought it was), and the other was you accusing of being confused about FUTA/SUTA taxes, when I was the one that corrected you.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 7:55:44 AM

Guess I won't be voting for you.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 8:12:13 AM
At 5/5/2014 7:55:44 AM, TN05 wrote:

lol, the comment was off-the-mark, as I said, but I noted that it wasn't directed at all Republicans, but just the few on DDO who refuse to acknowledge facts even when they're right in front of their face. By no means did I suggest this was the majority -- heck, there are Dems who do the same bloody thing.

But do as you will.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 9:36:01 AM
At 5/5/2014 8:12:13 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

lol, the comment was off-the-mark, as I said, but I noted that it wasn't directed at all Republicans, but just the few on DDO who refuse to acknowledge facts even when they're right in front of their face. By no means did I suggest this was the majority -- heck, there are Dems who do the same bloody thing.

Didn't sound like it from your post. I'm more concerned that someone who considers their self progressive would be calling people retarded.

But do as you will.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:14:58 AM

I find this comment ironic, given your comment gave the OP a defense, when there was none to be given.
Nothing in the video defends the title or statements in the OP.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2014 10:15:32 AM
At 5/5/2014 9:36:01 AM, TN05 wrote:

Didn't sound like it from your post. I'm more concerned that someone who considers their self progressive would be calling people retarded.

Also ironic...or, is this hypocritical?

But do as you will.