Jump to topic:

National Commodity Exchange

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 10:43:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As always, my brain is constantly flowing with thoughts of economics. I have always saw a great need for a national commodity exchange in the US, and one that deals in all goods. This would cause stimulation within our nation, and allow us to install commodity taxes, which are something that would make us a lot of money (One of the few taxes the US hasn't taken advantage of).

Think of the economic potential. Seeing all the goods in our nation bouncing around one large internet market commissioned by the US government. I really think this idea has some real potential. Any thoughts?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 7:32:45 AM
At 6/21/2014 10:43:52 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
As always, my brain is constantly flowing with thoughts of economics. I have always saw a great need for a national commodity exchange in the US, and one that deals in all goods. This would cause stimulation within our nation, and allow us to install commodity taxes, which are something that would make us a lot of money (One of the few taxes the US hasn't taken advantage of).

Think of the economic potential. Seeing all the goods in our nation bouncing around one large internet market commissioned by the US government. I really think this idea has some real potential. Any thoughts?

There are already commodity exchanges, why should there be another one?
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 7:58:59 AM
At 6/22/2014 7:32:45 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

There are already commodity exchanges, why should there be another one?

The US doesn't have a national based commodity exchange, that deals in all goods. The largest one is in Chichago, but it functions in financial commodities like equity, making it closer to a stock exchange.

US citizens are forced to work through other nations exchanges, just like many outside the US use the NYSE for investments. The benefits of having one based within our own country are enormous, and possibly, it would benefit the whole world.

If you go to my debate, you can see my full proposal.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8