Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Working without paying Taxes.

MichaelPP
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 6:22:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I am new here and I require some help if it is of no trouble.
I have a debate coming up in school quite soon and I was wondering if there are any good arguments for why working without paying tax can be quite good sometimes.
Thank you in advance!
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:19:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/20/2015 6:22:19 AM, MichaelPP wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new here and I require some help if it is of no trouble.
I have a debate coming up in school quite soon and I was wondering if there are any good arguments for why working without paying tax can be quite good sometimes.
Thank you in advance!

Waiving tax can increase disposable income of employees. This stimulates private consumption and boosts the aggregate demand and GDP.

Waiving tax can also increase working incentive as a smaller proportion of the tax goes to the government. This increases labour productivity and hence the productivity of the econmy.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:37:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
More stuff I can think of.

-More generally, reducing taxes has an expansionary effect on the economy to clear deflationary gaps and reduce unemployment
-If, heaven forbid, your economy uses regressive rates for salaries tax, the income distribution can be more even after the abolition of salaries tax

-Reducing taxes can raise the material side of citizens' quality of life, and as citizens are more satisfied with the government policies, it can promote social harmony and mutual trust between the government and the people
-By the same token, as labour productivity increases, employers will be more satisfied with government policy
-'Let it be seen to that their fields of grain and hemp are well cultivated, and make the taxes on them light - so the people may be made rich. Let it be seen to that the people use their resources of food seasonably, and expend their wealth only on the prescribed ceremonies - so their wealth will be more than can be consumed.' - Mencius 13.23
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 8:38:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/20/2015 6:22:19 AM, MichaelPP wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new here and I require some help if it is of no trouble.
I have a debate coming up in school quite soon and I was wondering if there are any good arguments for why working without paying tax can be quite good sometimes.
Thank you in advance!

I am not sure if I understand the question, in light of the other responses.
I take you to mean that in a society that taxes income, one might work for income, but avoid paying taxes - which is generally illegal.
Is this your question?

Or do you mean, what are the merits of a society where those who work, do not pay taxes?
MichaelPP
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 11:24:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/20/2015 8:38:29 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 1/20/2015 6:22:19 AM, MichaelPP wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new here and I require some help if it is of no trouble.
I have a debate coming up in school quite soon and I was wondering if there are any good arguments for why working without paying tax can be quite good sometimes.
Thank you in advance!

I am not sure if I understand the question, in light of the other responses.
I take you to mean that in a society that taxes income, one might work for income, but avoid paying taxes - which is generally illegal.
Is this your question?

Or do you mean, what are the merits of a society where those who work, do not pay taxes?

Your latter response. The debate will be about: 'Is it okay to work without paying taxes'
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 11:40:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Your proposal is for zero employment taxes?

Diqiucun_Cunmin lists some reasons for reduced taxes, not at all the same as no taxes.

Who pays for roads, bridges, municipal service?
MichaelPP
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 6:04:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/20/2015 11:40:20 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Your proposal is for zero employment taxes?

Diqiucun_Cunmin lists some reasons for reduced taxes, not at all the same as no taxes.

Who pays for roads, bridges, municipal service?

That is what I mean Welfare Worker. How do I argue that I am alright with working without paying taxes and that I will also succeed with it?
Welfare-Worker
Posts: 1,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/20/2015 6:04:36 PM, MichaelPP wrote:
At 1/20/2015 11:40:20 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Your proposal is for zero employment taxes?

Diqiucun_Cunmin lists some reasons for reduced taxes, not at all the same as no taxes.

Who pays for roads, bridges, municipal service?

That is what I mean Welfare Worker. How do I argue that I am alright with working without paying taxes and that I will also succeed with it?

The only positiona I have see is a "per use" tax.
Pay for it when you use it.
Toll roads/bridges everywhere.
Pay for every toilet flush.
If you need the fire department, pay the bill before they pump the water.
If you are being mugged, give your credit card to the cops.
Your kid goes to school, buy the books, pay the tuition, just like college.
etc

~ ~
Or, a value added tax.
You spend money, you pay a tax - not unlike sales tax, but probably 15%-25%.
No matter the source, same tax.
Certain groups advocate for this as I type - you should be able to google - value added tax.
https://www.google.com...
MichaelPP
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:32:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/20/2015 7:27:02 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 1/20/2015 6:04:36 PM, MichaelPP wrote:
At 1/20/2015 11:40:20 AM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
Your proposal is for zero employment taxes?

Diqiucun_Cunmin lists some reasons for reduced taxes, not at all the same as no taxes.

Who pays for roads, bridges, municipal service?

That is what I mean Welfare Worker. How do I argue that I am alright with working without paying taxes and that I will also succeed with it?

The only positiona I have see is a "per use" tax.
Pay for it when you use it.
Toll roads/bridges everywhere.
Pay for every toilet flush.
If you need the fire department, pay the bill before they pump the water.
If you are being mugged, give your credit card to the cops.
Your kid goes to school, buy the books, pay the tuition, just like college.
etc

~ ~
Or, a value added tax.
You spend money, you pay a tax - not unlike sales tax, but probably 15%-25%.
No matter the source, same tax.
Certain groups advocate for this as I type - you should be able to google - value added tax.
https://www.google.com...

I thought of that too, or just extreme privatization. Which could possibly turn society into feudalism again.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 8:38:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Salaries tax is not the only form of tax out there. The government could also increase general sales tax, duties, tariffs, duties, royalties, rates, profits tax, capital gains tax, property tax, and I don't know what else. It could also issue bonds, and here in Hong Kong, the government uses the high land premium policy to run the government in spite of very low tax rates.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
MichaelPP
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 8:57:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 8:38:47 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
Salaries tax is not the only form of tax out there. The government could also increase general sales tax, duties, tariffs, duties, royalties, rates, profits tax, capital gains tax, property tax, and I don't know what else. It could also issue bonds, and here in Hong Kong, the government uses the high land premium policy to run the government in spite of very low tax rates.

Thank you very much for all of that information! It helps out.