Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Awesome Video on Economics

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:24:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 3:12:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
http://www.bing.com...

You mean, Keynes v Hayek Round 2?

It's a catchy song, but strawmen abound.

For instance, the first line is, "Peace out Great Recession" as though that's the "Keynesian" argument--it's not, and has never been, but only that it would've been worse without some significant amount of stimulus.

Then the guy playing Hayek says, "the long run is here, it's time to get sober." That's factually incorrect, via any textbook definition of the "long run."

"I want real growth, not a series of bubbles" was paranoid crap. The idea that *anyone* thinks its possible to "master the economy in college" is a strawman, as if the critique of empirical econometrics methods--as though anyone thinks they're actually perfect.

So, fun video, but the underlying premise--either that Hayek has actually won, or that Keynesian ideas have been promoted in spite of having lost--is just fact-free.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:34:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 3:24:06 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:12:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
http://www.bing.com...

You mean, Keynes v Hayek Round 2?

It's a catchy song, but strawmen abound.

For instance, the first line is, "Peace out Great Recession" as though that's the "Keynesian" argument--it's not, and has never been, but only that it would've been worse without some significant amount of stimulus.

Then the guy playing Hayek says, "the long run is here, it's time to get sober." That's factually incorrect, via any textbook definition of the "long run."

"I want real growth, not a series of bubbles" was paranoid crap. The idea that *anyone* thinks its possible to "master the economy in college" is a strawman, as if the critique of empirical econometrics methods--as though anyone thinks they're actually perfect.

So, fun video, but the underlying premise--either that Hayek has actually won, or that Keynesian ideas have been promoted in spite of having lost--is just fact-free.

Ah. Okay. Have you seen the video before?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:35:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 3:34:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:24:06 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:12:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
http://www.bing.com...

You mean, Keynes v Hayek Round 2?

It's a catchy song, but strawmen abound.

For instance, the first line is, "Peace out Great Recession" as though that's the "Keynesian" argument--it's not, and has never been, but only that it would've been worse without some significant amount of stimulus.

Then the guy playing Hayek says, "the long run is here, it's time to get sober." That's factually incorrect, via any textbook definition of the "long run."

"I want real growth, not a series of bubbles" was paranoid crap. The idea that *anyone* thinks its possible to "master the economy in college" is a strawman, as if the critique of empirical econometrics methods--as though anyone thinks they're actually perfect.

So, fun video, but the underlying premise--either that Hayek has actually won, or that Keynesian ideas have been promoted in spite of having lost--is just fact-free.

Ah. Okay. Have you seen the video before?

Several times.

It's actually a great parody, though the problem is, the authors of the content genuinely believe the arguments they're making, as though it's some sort of "gotcha" on Keynes. Unfortunately, the real world is far more complex than they let on.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:36:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 3:35:28 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:34:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:24:06 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:12:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
http://www.bing.com...

You mean, Keynes v Hayek Round 2?

It's a catchy song, but strawmen abound.

For instance, the first line is, "Peace out Great Recession" as though that's the "Keynesian" argument--it's not, and has never been, but only that it would've been worse without some significant amount of stimulus.

Then the guy playing Hayek says, "the long run is here, it's time to get sober." That's factually incorrect, via any textbook definition of the "long run."

"I want real growth, not a series of bubbles" was paranoid crap. The idea that *anyone* thinks its possible to "master the economy in college" is a strawman, as if the critique of empirical econometrics methods--as though anyone thinks they're actually perfect.

So, fun video, but the underlying premise--either that Hayek has actually won, or that Keynesian ideas have been promoted in spite of having lost--is just fact-free.

Ah. Okay. Have you seen the video before?

Several times.

It's actually a great parody, though the problem is, the authors of the content genuinely believe the arguments they're making, as though it's some sort of "gotcha" on Keynes. Unfortunately, the real world is far more complex than they let on.

Their bias was a little obvious, lol.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 3:37:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 3:36:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:35:28 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:34:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:24:06 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 3/19/2015 3:12:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
http://www.bing.com...

You mean, Keynes v Hayek Round 2?

It's a catchy song, but strawmen abound.

For instance, the first line is, "Peace out Great Recession" as though that's the "Keynesian" argument--it's not, and has never been, but only that it would've been worse without some significant amount of stimulus.

Then the guy playing Hayek says, "the long run is here, it's time to get sober." That's factually incorrect, via any textbook definition of the "long run."

"I want real growth, not a series of bubbles" was paranoid crap. The idea that *anyone* thinks its possible to "master the economy in college" is a strawman, as if the critique of empirical econometrics methods--as though anyone thinks they're actually perfect.

So, fun video, but the underlying premise--either that Hayek has actually won, or that Keynesian ideas have been promoted in spite of having lost--is just fact-free.

Ah. Okay. Have you seen the video before?

Several times.

It's actually a great parody, though the problem is, the authors of the content genuinely believe the arguments they're making, as though it's some sort of "gotcha" on Keynes. Unfortunately, the real world is far more complex than they let on.

Their bias was a little obvious, lol.

Well, yeah, lol.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:24:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 3:12:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
http://www.bing.com...

hahahhaahhahah

Share more like this.

+1

By the way, who is this Hayek? LoL
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Dazz
Posts: 1,163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:31:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Impact of Govt spending on Economy.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~