Jump to topic:

Tax on Money Itself

Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:59:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Macro-economist despise savings, money not in the circular flow lowers the meaningless GDP measure. These savers must be punished, therefore tax savings itself, not only interest earnings.
Starting in Australia, "The new compulsory control is already provided for in the 2015 Australian budget. So that everyone who has any savings must pay taxes on on their savings. The measure is expected to serve as a global test balloon for Europe and North America will watch the outcome in Australia. If there will be no massive resistance of Australian savers...", http://armstrongeconomics.com...
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:27:10 AM
At 5/4/2015 7:59:43 PM, Chang29 wrote:
Macro-economist despise savings, money not in the circular flow lowers the meaningless GDP measure. These savers must be punished, therefore tax savings itself, not only interest earnings.
Starting in Australia, "The new compulsory control is already provided for in the 2015 Australian budget. So that everyone who has any savings must pay taxes on on their savings. The measure is expected to serve as a global test balloon for Europe and North America will watch the outcome in Australia. If there will be no massive resistance of Australian savers...", http://armstrongeconomics.com...

That's horrible news. Like filling a bottle of water, and suddenly the state comes and says: no no no, let's put a hole on the bottle, so you will run out of water sooner than later. Crazy politicians these days. Well, if only they were politicians and not bankers' whores...
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 5:28:36 AM
Although now that I think of it, it doesn't even please the banks, wtf? To whom is this measure aimed at?
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 10:09:53 PM
At 5/8/2015 5:28:36 AM, Otokage wrote:
Although now that I think of it, it doesn't even please the banks, wtf? To whom is this measure aimed at?

Government is the beneficiary, addition revenue and get people to spend money to raise GDP.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 6:26:52 AM
At 5/8/2015 10:09:53 PM, Chang29 wrote:
At 5/8/2015 5:28:36 AM, Otokage wrote:

Government is the beneficiary, addition revenue and get people to spend money to raise GDP.

I wouldn't spend the money, I would simply not put it in the bank.
Daktoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 10:39:30 PM
At 5/4/2015 7:59:43 PM, Chang29 wrote:

In other words, crazy people want the world to go whirl, whirl, whirl, and don't like those who don't whirl it around, so they want to punish them.

OK. lol
Daktoria
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 10:41:47 PM
You know, all this does is reallocate savings from within Australia to beyond Australia, right?

Capital markets are international, and investments take time to plan out. I guess Australians don't want to give people the time to plan. They'd rather people take their time elsewhere to go plan. The only people who get hurt are small time savers who don't have international connections.

Derp.