Jump to topic:

Keep it in ur pants = No Assistance

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 9:21:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why are you rewarded with thousands of dollars if you breed like roaches, but making the mature choice to not mindlessly bring babies into the world gets you no help even if it's an emergency of no fault of your own?

If they rewarded you financially with just a fraction of the "Breeders" cut for being childless, and gave less to those who keep having babies, the number of children born into poverty would go down, and impoverished people would have an incentive to choose smaller families. When you pay those in poverty for breeding, you drive poverty even deeper and increase poverty's numbers.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Porkloin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 2:30:49 PM
While it's true that not being compensated for it would lessen the amount of kids born to those who can't afford them, as a society we're just not going to allow "children to starve," as policy. It's hard to draw the line - we don't want to encourage people to remain on the dole, to have kids on the dole, to have subsequent generations on the dole, but it would have to be very painful indeed to really discourage some people.
mmull11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:29:25 PM
I have been let down numerous times whilst trying to get jobs done on my house,eg decorating etc (the ones who let us down are hard working class people who do jobs on the side after doing their own job).however i asked a certain person if he knew anyone who could help to get these jobs done and he said he could get us someone .when asked how much they would charge i was gobsmacked .i was told ,,well "85 is the norm for a days work.these people who were happy to do it were claiming dole and the cheekey .......... had the cheek to tell me "85 a day was normal.the reason i cant do it myself is because im so busy working ,i also suffer from arheritis and the the people i asked in the first place (honest decent people)also probably felt too knackererd to do it after a hard days work. I only get " 6.89 per nour and i am helping to pay these people on the dole ,i think its a dam cheek asking me to pay them they should be made to do it for nothing.government open your eyes there are lots of these scroungers doing this ,make them go out and do some honest work instead of robbing the tax payer.get them cleaning the communities up and do gardening for elded,y and dissabled
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2015 8:58:44 AM
At 7/22/2015 9:21:13 AM, Sooner wrote:
Why are you rewarded with thousands of dollars if you breed like roaches, but making the mature choice to not mindlessly bring babies into the world gets you no help even if it's an emergency of no fault of your own?

If they rewarded you financially with just a fraction of the "Breeders" cut for being childless, and gave less to those who keep having babies, the number of children born into poverty would go down, and impoverished people would have an incentive to choose smaller families. When you pay those in poverty for breeding, you drive poverty even deeper and increase poverty's numbers.

You know I would love to see maybe like a trial done, in this trial a new government payment will be given (subject to means test) the payment being the childless benefit payment.

If you have a child you lose the benefit or maybe lose 50% for the first, 75% to 100% for the second.

Note the payment would have to be sufficient amount that any payments gained from having children would not make up for having lost the childless benefit.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
WAM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2015 5:58:05 AM
If you estimate that a child costs around 150.000$ for individuals of the low pay class who are single parents, until the child is 18, especially if considering current demographics and how children will live with their parents way longer and how much hassle children are, I do not think that it is justified to have individuals receive money for not having children. If they had 3 children, were in an upper pay class, they would spend around 1 million $ on those children.

Why would you give individuals who save all this money due to not having children even more money? And for what?

Besides, on a socio economical standpoint, those children will be the ones in those peoples future, their doctors, police officers, nurses, aged carers, all these people. Child care is an investment by the government that they get back, once the individual is integrated into society and pays taxes.