Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Should we return to the gold standard?

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 12:23:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

I wouldn't mind paying for a car with a gold flake.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:04:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2015 12:23:48 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

I wouldn't mind paying for a car with a gold flake.

I'm sure, lol...
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 1:07:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2015 1:04:36 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/9/2015 12:23:48 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

I wouldn't mind paying for a car with a gold flake.

I'm sure, lol...

<:D
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
tejretics
Posts: 6,918
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 2:22:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

P1) Gold standard increases suffering
P2) Increasing suffering is good
C: Gold standard = good

"Masochist" is too extreme...
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.

http://gotejas.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 5:54:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/10/2015 2:22:50 PM, tejretics wrote:
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

P1) Gold standard increases suffering
P2) Increasing suffering is good
C: Gold standard = good

"Masochist" is too extreme...

Lmfao
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Wylted
Posts: 25,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 11:24:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

No, we should use Bitcoin
Karan_m
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 1:50:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2015 12:23:48 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

I wouldn't mind paying for a car with a gold flake.

If you say that notwithstanding with a return to the gold standard is a horrific idea then you should have appropriate reason supporting your view.
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:04:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2015 1:50:55 PM, Karan_m wrote:
At 9/9/2015 12:23:48 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/8/2015 3:46:12 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 9/8/2015 11:34:13 AM, Karan_m wrote:
Cast your vote on this topic on the link given below:-

http://www.debate.org...

6 days to go for voting to get close...

That's a debate, not a poll. Debates aren't subject to democratic choice based on our feelings with re: to the subject matter. Furthermore, you shouldn't use this forum to advertise your debate. There's an "unvoted debates" thread for a reason.

That notwithstanding, a return to the gold standard would be a positively horrific idea, and people in support of it are either uneducated, masochist, or stupendously ignorant.

I wouldn't mind paying for a car with a gold flake.


If you say that notwithstanding with a return to the gold standard is a horrific idea then you should have appropriate reason supporting your view.

It was a sarcastic comment. Was the comment not absurd enough?
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.