Jump to topic:

Trumps' Tax Ideas

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:11:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I was researching Trump's economic stance due to boredom, and I found out that he wants to reform the tax system: people with an income less than $25,000 (and $50,000 for married couples) would pay no income taxes, and individuals making $150,001 or more and couples making $300,001 or more would have a 25% income tax rate. The current rate is 40%, so this is a significant tax cut.

Trump says: "It will provide major tax relief for middle income and for most other Americans. There will be a major tax reduction," Trump said Monday at a press conference at Trump Tower in New York as he unveiled his plan to revamp the tax code. "It'll simplify the tax code, it'll grow the American economy at a level that it hasn't seen for decades."

What are y'all's views on this?
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:02:22 PM
At 9/29/2015 3:11:29 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
So I was researching Trump's economic stance due to boredom, and I found out that he wants to reform the tax system: people with an income less than $25,000 (and $50,000 for married couples) would pay no income taxes, and individuals making $150,001 or more and couples making $300,001 or more would have a 25% income tax rate. The current rate is 40%, so this is a significant tax cut.

Trump says: "It will provide major tax relief for middle income and for most other Americans. There will be a major tax reduction," Trump said Monday at a press conference at Trump Tower in New York as he unveiled his plan to revamp the tax code. "It'll simplify the tax code, it'll grow the American economy at a level that it hasn't seen for decades."

A tax cut might be nice... but I think this is a little too much. Instead of no taxes for some, flat tax for all.. But that's just my personal opinion.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:02:58 PM

I'd be interested in what YOUR view is, too. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:38:26 AM
Inconsistent with the expensive programs that he endorses. Authoritarianism and tax cuts do not blend well.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 12:15:44 PM
At 9/29/2015 7:02:58 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

I'd be interested in what YOUR view is, too. :)

While his views would be beneficial to some families, I was thinking a Progressive Tax system would be better.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."