Jump to topic:

Trumps' Tax Ideas

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 3:11:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I was researching Trump's economic stance due to boredom, and I found out that he wants to reform the tax system: people with an income less than $25,000 (and $50,000 for married couples) would pay no income taxes, and individuals making $150,001 or more and couples making $300,001 or more would have a 25% income tax rate. The current rate is 40%, so this is a significant tax cut.

Trump says: "It will provide major tax relief for middle income and for most other Americans. There will be a major tax reduction," Trump said Monday at a press conference at Trump Tower in New York as he unveiled his plan to revamp the tax code. "It'll simplify the tax code, it'll grow the American economy at a level that it hasn't seen for decades."

What are y'all's views on this?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:02:22 PM
At 9/29/2015 3:11:29 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
So I was researching Trump's economic stance due to boredom, and I found out that he wants to reform the tax system: people with an income less than $25,000 (and $50,000 for married couples) would pay no income taxes, and individuals making $150,001 or more and couples making $300,001 or more would have a 25% income tax rate. The current rate is 40%, so this is a significant tax cut.

Trump says: "It will provide major tax relief for middle income and for most other Americans. There will be a major tax reduction," Trump said Monday at a press conference at Trump Tower in New York as he unveiled his plan to revamp the tax code. "It'll simplify the tax code, it'll grow the American economy at a level that it hasn't seen for decades."

A tax cut might be nice... but I think this is a little too much. Instead of no taxes for some, flat tax for all.. But that's just my personal opinion.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2015 7:02:58 PM

I'd be interested in what YOUR view is, too. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 1:38:26 AM
Inconsistent with the expensive programs that he endorses. Authoritarianism and tax cuts do not blend well.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 12:15:44 PM
At 9/29/2015 7:02:58 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

I'd be interested in what YOUR view is, too. :)

While his views would be beneficial to some families, I was thinking a Progressive Tax system would be better.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.