The Economist

TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 2:44:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I will propose two things in this post:

1. Does anyone on the site read The Economist frequently? If so, add me or PM me, or just post it on the thread.

2. Does anyone want me to start an analysis of economic events going on in the world, a week by week report.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 9:11:49 PM
At 11/8/2015 2:44:08 PM, TheProphett wrote:

1. Does anyone on the site read The Economist frequently? If so, add me or PM me, or just post it on the thread.

Fairly frequently. :) I think I've already added you.

2. Does anyone want me to start an analysis of economic events going on in the world, a week by week report.

Yes! Please! I'd really like to see an increase in activity for the economics forum, and I think this would a good way to get discussion going. :) I'd participate in the discussion, too, of course.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2015 11:57:30 PM
At 11/8/2015 9:11:49 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Are you subscribed (Do you have the latest issue?)?

Yes! Please! I'd really like to see an increase in activity for the economics forum, and I think this would a good way to get discussion going. :) I'd participate in the discussion, too, of course.

Sounds good. I'll start a PM soon.

Epic Quotes:

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2015 12:10:56 AM
At 11/8/2015 11:57:30 PM, TheProphett wrote:
At 11/8/2015 9:11:49 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Are you subscribed (Do you have the latest issue?)?

Not that I know of... I don't pay anything, I only look at articles online.

Sounds good. I'll start a PM soon.

Sweet. I think it would also be nice if you made a forum of your weekly analysis. Title the topic, i.e... "Recapitalising Greek Banks - Weekly Analysis" or "Economist Analysis - Week X." Also, you are going to be reviewing single articles weekly, or a couple each week?
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2015 12:27:12 AM
Sweet. I think it would also be nice if you made a forum of your weekly analysis. Title the topic, i.e... "Recapitalising Greek Banks - Weekly Analysis" or "Economist Analysis - Week X." Also, you are going to be reviewing single articles weekly, or a couple each week?

I am subscribed to the print edition of The Economist, it comes weekly; I could collaborate with you on online articles if you want.

Probably just one a week.

Epic Quotes:

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2015 3:44:40 AM
At 11/9/2015 12:27:12 AM, TheProphett wrote:

I am subscribed to the print edition of The Economist, it comes weekly; I could collaborate with you on online articles if you want.

Ah okay. Cool! :)

Probably just one a week.

That's fine. :)