Jump to topic:

What country has the best run economy?

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 7:03:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are many ways of ranking economic performance. The USA is the world's largest economy. However which country do you think runs its economy most effectively, maximising its resources while growing quickly and keeping debts under control? I'm genuinely unsure although I admire the historical success of Japan despite it's current stagnation. Monaco, singapore, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg are examples of well run smaller economies. However most larger economies are now going through difficult times. It's hard to say any are currently well run. Maybe South Korea and Taiwan are the best examples of recent well run medium sized economies.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 6:46:06 PM
At 11/20/2015 7:03:54 PM, beng100 wrote:
There are many ways of ranking economic performance. The USA is the world's largest economy. However which country do you think runs its economy most effectively, maximising its resources while growing quickly and keeping debts under control? I'm genuinely unsure although I admire the historical success of Japan despite it's current stagnation. Monaco, singapore, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg are examples of well run smaller economies. However most larger economies are now going through difficult times. It's hard to say any are currently well run. Maybe South Korea and Taiwan are the best examples of recent well run medium sized economies.

The most efficiently run economy is one in which there is no unemployment and there is no debt. That economy has never existed.

Usually economies that are strongest will be the ones that are ran more efficiently, as this growth is what can track it.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 2:45:26 PM
At 11/20/2015 7:03:54 PM, beng100 wrote:

Switzerland has an effective economy.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k