Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

this house believes in global wealth cap

Ganesh22
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.
joshuav
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 1:14:28 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.

I don't understand whats so bad about wealth inequality.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:20:26 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.

How come? A wealth gap will just amount to more corruption and shifting of resources from one place to the other. People are free to pursue however much wealth they would like.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:25:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 1:14:28 AM, joshuav wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.


I don't understand whats so bad about wealth inequality.

Nothing, especially as people have been getting richer as years go on. It's simply that if the rich are richer than the poor, and if the rich get richer faster than the poor do then there's some injustices going on. It's all leftist drivel.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:15:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.

Policy measures to achieve such an absurd proposal would stifle the growth of the lower class anyways. The only way to achieve such a thing would be to heavily regulate business and set arbitrary standards on wages for different levels. You could be paying an electrical engineer and a fast food worker the same for juxtaposed jobs with varying skill requirements.

Besides functionality, why should individuals who work for wealth be mandated by arbitrary proposals that inevitably stifle freedom? Person A works harder than Person B, and Person A will garner more benefits from doing so.

Furthermore, what, exactly, is wrong with income inequality? It's not as if poorer people are disadvantaged by people being rich. In fact, it's just the opposite. Supply-side economics, however unpopular to liberals, is a feasible, and beneficial economic system. The literature is clear that the benefits of such a system do, in fact, "trickle down" to the lower levels. Redistribution and measures to restrict the rich disallow these benefits. So, income inequality isn't really as big an issue as it appears, or as much as liberals claim when they opine on the subject.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:16:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 2:25:11 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 1:14:28 AM, joshuav wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.


I don't understand whats so bad about wealth inequality.

Nothing, especially as people have been getting richer as years go on. It's simply that if the rich are richer than the poor, and if the rich get richer faster than the poor do then there's some injustices going on. It's all leftist drivel.

You're smart.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:16:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 2:20:26 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.

How come? A wealth gap will just amount to more corruption and shifting of resources from one place to the other. People are free to pursue however much wealth they would like.

Agreed.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 10:34:43 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 9:16:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 4/19/2016 2:20:26 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.

How come? A wealth gap will just amount to more corruption and shifting of resources from one place to the other. People are free to pursue however much wealth they would like.

Agreed.

I meant to say wealth cap, not gap.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 10:35:37 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 10:34:43 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 9:16:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 4/19/2016 2:20:26 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/14/2016 5:20:45 PM, Ganesh22 wrote:
it is a quite popular concept suggest by political leaders. its expected to be a way to reduce the poverty or to minimize the gap between the poor and wealthy.

How come? A wealth gap will just amount to more corruption and shifting of resources from one place to the other. People are free to pursue however much wealth they would like.

Agreed.

I meant to say wealth cap, not gap.

I know.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW