Jump to topic:

Crypto Currency is the future of money

CoachRon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 2:52:30 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Why not save not? if it was the 1700s and Gold was just becoming excepted as money we would be saving and using gold to pay for things in the world. there are many today who believe that Blockchain technology is the key to a better way. Fiat money is controlled by government and Crypto Currency is controlled by "WE THE PEOPLE OF THE PLANET"
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:49:38 PM
Depends on its viability as a currency that holds value, but currently it's all a fiat currency as you can print more and more of it. Although, I could see quite a lot of monetary power being removed from the government if crypto-currencies become a real thing.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 12:45:43 AM
Crypto currencies are showing great promise to remove the state from currency. Governments will not let go of currency monopoly power easily. Since, governments need currency inflation to funnel wealth to top contributors and to encourage investors to purchase debt, government will not simply step back.

A popular crypto currency Bitcoin has scarcity build into its system, the supply of bitcoins can never exceed a set amount. Whereas, government currency can be created in unlimited amounts by central banks. If Bitcoin becomes a popular currency and with the laws of scarcity reinstated in currency, the effects of central banking' monetary policies will be reduced. This is a real threat to macro-economic fields that believe that monetary policy is a governmental role.

For crypto currencies to be successful, legal tender laws must be repeal, but that would create competition from sound money. Crypto currency versus sound money would make both types much better. Government fiat currency would only be for museum displays, with a sign that said, "our stupid ancestors trusted money and currency to government".
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
CoachRon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:18:12 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:49:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
Depends on its viability as a currency that holds value, but currently it's all a fiat currency as you can print more and more of it. Although, I could see quite a lot of monetary power being removed from the government if crypto-currencies become a real thing.

It is real, you can see the crypto Currency Exchange at Bittrex.com and you can exchange our coin CPC CapriCoin into Fiat Money world wide at Coinbase.com and bitcoin is excepted as payment at 300,000 locations world wide. www.vizionary.com/awesomemoney
CoachRon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 2:20:22 PM
At 4/25/2016 12:45:43 AM, Chang29 wrote:
Crypto currencies are showing great promise to remove the state from currency. Governments will not let go of currency monopoly power easily. Since, governments need currency inflation to funnel wealth to top contributors and to encourage investors to purchase debt, government will not simply step back.

A popular crypto currency Bitcoin has scarcity build into its system, the supply of bitcoins can never exceed a set amount. Whereas, government currency can be created in unlimited amounts by central banks. If Bitcoin becomes a popular currency and with the laws of scarcity reinstated in currency, the effects of central banking' monetary policies will be reduced. This is a real threat to macro-economic fields that believe that monetary policy is a governmental role.

For crypto currencies to be successful, legal tender laws must be repeal, but that would create competition from sound money. Crypto currency versus sound money would make both types much better. Government fiat currency would only be for museum displays, with a sign that said, "our stupid ancestors trusted money and currency to government".

Bitcoin Already except at 300,000 locations world wide and our coin is exchangeable with bitcoin. www.vizionary.com/awesomemoney
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 3:19:27 PM
At 4/25/2016 2:20:22 PM, CoachRon wrote:
At 4/25/2016 12:45:43 AM, Chang29 wrote:

Bitcoin Already except at 300,000 locations world wide and our coin is exchangeable with bitcoin. www.vizionary.com/awesomemoney

Are you attempting to repeal legal tender laws? How is your currency is superior to sound money?

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2016 7:01:27 PM
At 4/24/2016 2:52:30 PM, CoachRon wrote:
Why not save not? if it was the 1700s and Gold was just becoming excepted as money we would be saving and using gold to pay for things in the world. there are many today who believe that Blockchain technology is the key to a better way. Fiat money is controlled by government and Crypto Currency is controlled by "WE THE PEOPLE OF THE PLANET"

It is very alluring, however what about:

- electro magnetic pulses and the disaster recovery of digital money.

- How does governments raise funds for daily operations? There would still be a robust market for debt instruments so governments could have deficit spending, especially during bust times of the business cycle.

- Limited supply to mock gold production results in long term deflationary pressure which limits growth.
CoachRon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 4:56:09 AM
At 4/25/2016 7:01:27 PM, slo1 wrote:

- How does governments raise funds for daily operations? There would still be a robust market for debt instruments so governments could have deficit spending, especially during bust times of the business cycle.

- Limited supply to mock gold production results in long term deflationary pressure which limits growth.

The US will get into the game, Crypto Currency is totally transparent, meaning everyone sees and vouches for the transactions. Fiat money can be reprinted. Crypto Currency can not. Block chain is the technology and 47 banks world wide are excepting it. right now you can fly around the world on Crypto Currency.
200 years ago we could go out and dig gold as miners and then we could take that gold to a saloon and by a whiskey, today you can do the same thing with CPC. Our kids and Grand kids will not use paper anymore. The common Cell phone is my wallet and my Bank. Pick pockets can get your leather wallet or you can loose that wallet. The same thing can happen with your phone, BUT MOST PEOPLE CANT BREAK AN ENCRYPED PASSWORD
CoachRon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 4:59:57 AM
At 4/25/2016 2:18:12 PM, CoachRon wrote:
At 4/24/2016 6:49:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

It is real, you can see the crypto Currency Exchange at Bittrex.com and you can exchange our coin CPC CapriCoin into Fiat Money world wide at Coinbase.com and bitcoin is excepted as payment at 300,000 locations world wide. www.vizionary.com/awesomemoney

Define Sound Money? paper money is fiat money and stands for FAKE MONEY. the more our government prints deeper in debt we go. If I dig gold out of the ground I can trade that gold for goods and services. But today that Gold Does not Back our dollar so will it continue to raise or will the future take over again? I remember saying What is email? and then in the 90s I said, I would never put My credit card on the internet ! And my Cell wallet well in the 70s I could not believe that "beam me up Scotty" would come true.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2016 2:24:18 PM
At 4/26/2016 4:56:09 AM, CoachRon wrote:
At 4/25/2016 7:01:27 PM, slo1 wrote:

The US will get into the game, Crypto Currency is totally transparent, meaning everyone sees and vouches for the transactions. Fiat money can be reprinted. Crypto Currency can not. Block chain is the technology and 47 banks world wide are excepting it. right now you can fly around the world on Crypto Currency.
200 years ago we could go out and dig gold as miners and then we could take that gold to a saloon and by a whiskey, today you can do the same thing with CPC. Our kids and Grand kids will not use paper anymore. The common Cell phone is my wallet and my Bank. Pick pockets can get your leather wallet or you can loose that wallet. The same thing can happen with your phone, BUT MOST PEOPLE CANT BREAK AN ENCRYPED PASSWORD

You did not address Slo1's deflationary concerns, nor how it is superior too sound money (comodity back currency). You come to this site attempting to sell a product, you will need to defend it.

Lonely-Bird
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:49:33 AM
First, commodity backed currency doesn't exist. Never did, never will. ALL currencies are fiat currencies. Gold only has value because humans decided it did.

As for crypto currencies we are to cast aside central banks for one central bank of "miners" whose honesty is assumed?

And as for cracking what do people think happens everyday with encryption? There are literally millions of people, legally and illegally, cracking encryption software around the world.

These currencies return nothing "to the people." They simply hand power to a different group of people whose motives like those of today's central bankers and private bankers are questionable.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:57:22 PM
Now it appears that the creator of bit coin enriched him self by the tune of hundreds of millions when launching it. I would guess he got all the easy mining to start.

More issues with crypto currency

- who changes the algorithms when disruptive technology comes along causing a huge increase of electronic mining thus supply? IE: Quantum computers.