Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

The Information . . .

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 7:52:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Information Age has revolutionized the way our economy must work, so what do you think:good, bad, and above all why . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 7:54:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 7:52:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Information has revolutionized the way our economy must work, so what do you think:good, bad, and above all why . . . ?

fix'd.

It basically works the same as it always has.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 8:04:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 7:54:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 7:52:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Information has revolutionized the way our economy must work, so what do you think:good, bad, and above all why . . . ?

fix'd.

It basically works the same as it always has.

So you are telling me that the ability for all people to gain access to information that was once private and is now public is the same as our economy has always been even though at one point in time many corporations would use Latin to transfer information simply to keep customers from knowing exactly what it was . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 8:07:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 8:04:33 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/23/2010 7:54:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 7:52:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Information has revolutionized the way our economy must work, so what do you think:good, bad, and above all why . . . ?

fix'd.

It basically works the same as it always has.

So you are telling me that the ability for all people to gain access to information that was once private and is now public is the same as our economy has always been even though at one point in time many corporations would use Latin to transfer information simply to keep customers from knowing exactly what it was . . . ?

I said no such thing.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 8:07:48 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 8:04:33 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/23/2010 7:54:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 7:52:50 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Information has revolutionized the way our economy must work, so what do you think:good, bad, and above all why . . . ?

fix'd.

It basically works the same as it always has.

So you are telling me that the ability for all people to gain access to information that was once private and is now public is the same as our economy has always been even though at one point in time many corporations would use Latin to transfer information simply to keep customers from knowing exactly what it was . . . ?

I said no such thing.

Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 10:12:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .

"works the same" and "is the same" aren't equivalent.

The economy works the same because demand under the information age is still manipulated the same way it was in the Protestant Reformation (media), because supply is produced the same way it was in the Industrial Revolution (mass), and because consumption occurs the same way it always has (individual). The only changes are in efficiency, which has always increased over time, so there is no significant difference between the way the economy of now works and the economy of the nineteenth century. Besides, of course, the volatile policy of democratic government.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 12:35:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:12:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .

"works the same" and "is the same" aren't equivalent.

The economy works the same because demand under the information age is still manipulated the same way it was in the Protestant Reformation (media), because supply is produced the same way it was in the Industrial Revolution (mass), and because consumption occurs the same way it always has (individual). The only changes are in efficiency, which has always increased over time, so there is no significant difference between the way the economy of now works and the economy of the nineteenth century. Besides, of course, the volatile policy of democratic government.

Hmmm . . . http://www.amazon.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 6:11:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/24/2010 12:35:16 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:12:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .
"works the same" and "is the same" aren't equivalent.
The economy works the same because demand under the information age is still manipulated the same way it was in the Protestant Reformation (media), because supply is produced the same way it was in the Industrial Revolution (mass), and because consumption occurs the same way it always has (individual). The only changes are in efficiency, which has always increased over time, so there is no significant difference between the way the economy of now works and the economy of the nineteenth century. Besides, of course, the volatile policy of democratic government.
Hmmm . . . http://www.amazon.com...

What's your point?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 6:22:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/24/2010 6:11:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/24/2010 12:35:16 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:12:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .
"works the same" and "is the same" aren't equivalent.
The economy works the same because demand under the information age is still manipulated the same way it was in the Protestant Reformation (media), because supply is produced the same way it was in the Industrial Revolution (mass), and because consumption occurs the same way it always has (individual). The only changes are in efficiency, which has always increased over time, so there is no significant difference between the way the economy of now works and the economy of the nineteenth century. Besides, of course, the volatile policy of democratic government.
Hmmm . . . http://www.amazon.com...

What's your point?

I was referencing to this guy and the several books he has written . . . http://en.wikipedia.org... . . . denoting the shift of power in the world although I disagree with him on certain points that can be seen here . . . http://www.debate.org... . . . it was a really good set of books . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 7:26:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/24/2010 6:22:02 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/24/2010 6:11:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/24/2010 12:35:16 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:12:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .
"works the same" and "is the same" aren't equivalent.
The economy works the same because demand under the information age is still manipulated the same way it was in the Protestant Reformation (media), because supply is produced the same way it was in the Industrial Revolution (mass), and because consumption occurs the same way it always has (individual). The only changes are in efficiency, which has always increased over time, so there is no significant difference between the way the economy of now works and the economy of the nineteenth century. Besides, of course, the volatile policy of democratic government.
Hmmm . . . http://www.amazon.com...

What's your point?

I was referencing to this guy and the several books he has written . . . http://en.wikipedia.org... . . . denoting the shift of power in the world although I disagree with him on certain points that can be seen here . . . http://www.debate.org... . . . it was a really good set of books . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org...
He clearly has a fascination with ingenuity, and over-emphasizes it in his world view. His "prosumption" idea confuses goods and services, and probably cannot occur on a large scale due to division of labor.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 10:46:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/29/2010 7:26:07 AM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/24/2010 6:22:02 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/24/2010 6:11:21 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/24/2010 12:35:16 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:12:32 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/23/2010 9:20:09 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Oh . . . well it sounded like it . . .
"works the same" and "is the same" aren't equivalent.
The economy works the same because demand under the information age is still manipulated the same way it was in the Protestant Reformation (media), because supply is produced the same way it was in the Industrial Revolution (mass), and because consumption occurs the same way it always has (individual). The only changes are in efficiency, which has always increased over time, so there is no significant difference between the way the economy of now works and the economy of the nineteenth century. Besides, of course, the volatile policy of democratic government.
Hmmm . . . http://www.amazon.com...

What's your point?

I was referencing to this guy and the several books he has written . . . http://en.wikipedia.org... . . . denoting the shift of power in the world although I disagree with him on certain points that can be seen here . . . http://www.debate.org... . . . it was a really good set of books . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org...
He clearly has a fascination with ingenuity, and over-emphasizes it in his world view. His "prosumption" idea confuses goods and services, and probably cannot occur on a large scale due to division of labor.

I agree . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.