Jump to topic:

Knoledge, Money, . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 1:17:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Knowledge equals power, muscle equals power, muscle equals power. The three main parts that equal power are knowledge, muscle (sometimes parallel to violence as well as remedial labor), and money. Now money is a relatively new advent upon the rank of power, some consider it highest others on the other hand consider it lowest. The second youngest is the power source that is knowledge, and the oldest is muscle. Now this theorem is based upon the book Powershift: Knowledge, Wealth and Violence at the Edge of the 21st Century by: Alvin Toffler, his theory talks in depth about the structures of the following powers and how power has been shifted from one form to another over the ages, but I must concur with some of his beliefs that point towards the loss of muscle as human society ages and becomes more advanced. He states that the other forms of power will simply be substituted by knowledge but I beg to differ. The simple fact is that all three forms of power are necessary and shall remain necessary even when our specie evolves those three forces shall remain. The simple fact is that without money and muscle your knowledge will be pointless for it would be physically impossible for your knowledge to be put into action to produce the physical necessities for mankind. Without muscle and knowledge money maintains no power for there would be nothing physical to back it up take for instance gold is the backing of your money, well without muscle you lack manpower to build mines to get more gold as well as the ability to maintain proper boundaries and safety of your currency to keep others from stealing your moneys backing, and in parallel without knowledge you shall lack the ability to design the mines as well as come up with proper logistics for the control of printing and mandating of value between gold and the given currency. Without the knowledge or the money your muscle is completely useless for without those two factors your muscle shall not know what to do, and there will be no funding in order for it to maintain itself. Now money might actually be possible to remove if man was capable of living in a communistic society in perfect peace with their fellow man and in some parts of the world they do live that way, but the main reason it is possible for them is the simple fact that the places they live in are small and contain a low population density as well as the fact they are poor and are raised on this ideology from birth. Now also remember knowledge and moneys greatest values remain in the more industrialized world regions but when it comes to the poorer and less industrialized the value is emphasized upon muscle and knowledge. Now there is an apparent correlation between level of industrialization and need for the different types of power so one might come to an conclusion that the more industrialized we become the less we need muscle but that is incorrect considering the fact that our industrialized areas receive their resources from less industrialized areas pointing to the fact that muscle remains a needed force within the chain of power hence shall always be needed. My main point is that all three forms of power remain necessary for society to continue, even if a new form of power comes along these three shall still remain unless humanity comes to a point of nirvana.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2010 6:53:17 PM
They all are different forms of "power."

Muscle is the only that is physical power. While the others are forms of persuading others. If you have knowledge, you can use reason to convince others to exert power. Or you can persuade them with money. But they are different forms of power. A far better thing would say there are two forms of power.

Muscle and Persuasion. Either have the muscles to do it yourself, or your can persuade others to do it for you (with either knowledge, money, or driving sympathy for yourself).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 10:12:27 AM
At 12/24/2010 7:12:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:
What the hell is knoledge?

. . . knoledge be a typo . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 10:14:34 AM
At 12/25/2010 7:46:28 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 12/25/2010 3:32:48 AM, Tidin wrote:
Did anyone else understand this?

It was a brick para. It wasn't meant to be understandable.

All you had to do was read it . . . and you would have understood . . . it was talking about 3 types of power and how none of them will go obsolete anytime soon . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 12:00:07 AM
At 12/25/2010 10:14:34 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

All you had to do was read it . . . and you would have understood . . . it was talking about 3 types of power and how none of them will go obsolete anytime soon . . .

Its called 'enter'. Its a tip, if you want more people to engage in the discussion, press it.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 12:51:19 AM
I think that everything that you typed can be reduced down to:

Humans like to do stuff, and over the course of history, the things we need to do stuff have changed. Regardless of what those things are, we will always need *something* in order to do stuff.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 10:37:00 AM
At 12/26/2010 12:00:07 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 12/25/2010 10:14:34 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Its called 'enter'. Its a tip, if you want more people to engage in the discussion, press it.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 10:37:38 AM
At 12/26/2010 12:51:19 AM, Kleptin wrote:
I think that everything that you typed can be reduced down to:

Humans like to do stuff, and over the course of history, the things we need to do stuff have changed. Regardless of what those things are, we will always need *something* in order to do stuff.

In a manner of speaking, yes . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: