Jump to topic:

Trade policy

BeRespectful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 3:06:36 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Why there is a trend of decreasing tariff barriers and increasing non-tariff barriers ? Thank u for ur contribution :)
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 9:50:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/1/2016 3:06:36 PM, BeRespectful wrote:
Why there is a trend of decreasing tariff barriers and increasing non-tariff barriers ? Thank u for ur contribution :)

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but I'll give my two cents just in case.

Non-tariff barriers restrict the trade of things too expensive or difficult for companies to produce wide-scale. Essentially, it helps limit trade that puts either country at risk economically, so you could say non-tariff barriers are protective measures to ensure "safe" trade in an economic sense. So when new, innovative products are made, and their value is not yet identified, some countries don't want to take a big risk, so they impose non-tariff barriers. They won't get revenue from a tariff, so they bar things they deem too risky.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW