Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

$20trill debt, If we could auction a state..

Face-of-the-deep
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 9:38:43 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Which state would you choose to auction off or put up for lease to pay off our debt?
It seems that nobody is concerned about trillions in debt until the interest rate starts to rise. Right now the interest to service the debt is still quite low but imagine what it will be like when the interest goes to 7, 8, or 9 percent.
I remember the last time that we had a surplus and everybody was arguing over what to spend it on instead of paying a penny on the humongous credit card bill.
It's time that daddy cut up the credit cards.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:31:20 AM
At 10/17/2016 9:38:43 PM, Face-of-the-deep wrote:
Which state would you choose to auction off or put up for lease to pay off our debt?
It seems that nobody is concerned about trillions in debt until the interest rate starts to rise. Right now the interest to service the debt is still quite low but imagine what it will be like when the interest goes to 7, 8, or 9 percent.
I remember the last time that we had a surplus and everybody was arguing over what to spend it on instead of paying a penny on the humongous credit card bill.

DC. Technically not a state, but start with that.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:05:26 PM
At 10/19/2016 12:31:20 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

+1 The national debt is one of my greatest concerns personally. The fact that its not being addressed more heavily in this year's election is troubling to me.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 9:47:14 PM
At 10/28/2016 9:05:26 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/19/2016 12:31:20 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

+1 The national debt is one of my greatest concerns personally. The fact that its not being addressed more heavily in this year's election is troubling to me.

I used to play city-building games when I was a kid. Getting my city out of debt was always priority number 3. Number 2 was defense, because a bankrupt city is better than a conquered one. Number 1 was ensuring everybody had access to water, fire department, police, and doctor's office; without these things, you have no city in the first place.

Compare that with the Republican and Democrat political platforms, which are mostly driven by ideology instead of practicality. Really, who gives a_shit about gay marriage and abortion law, let alone cartoon frogs? Governments should focus on the stuff that matters, because that's what we're paying them to do. Anything is else is sloppy service.