Jump to topic:

Hillary's tax plan

TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 11:10:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Honestly how is raising taxes going to stimulate growth in this country. We have had one of the worst recoveries under obama and now hillary wants to be his 3rd term.

We need to lower dem taxes to get a good economic recovery
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:03:07 AM
At 10/19/2016 11:10:32 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
Honestly how is raising taxes going to stimulate growth in this country. We have had one of the worst recoveries under obama and now hillary wants to be his 3rd term.

The economy works best if taxes are zero and rich people spend all their wealth.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:28:31 AM
At 10/21/2016 12:03:07 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

The economy works best if taxes are zero and rich people spend all their wealth.

We would still need taxes for police and military

But yeah your right, lower taxes better economy
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:48:50 AM

The argument is giving more money to the government allows them to do more to help people and build up services. Albeit, I generally disagree it is the best method to better the economic environment we have in the US. Simply put, the argument follows that the government is more qualified to redistribute funds, and should thus have more control/money to do so. Ergo, higher taxes.

I think this response gives no substantive alternative. The issue is certainly more complex than a one-liner and definitely has trade-offs either way. Though I agree with your opinion, a detailed approach might gather more discussion. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 2:18:39 AM
At 10/21/2016 12:28:31 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:

The more important question is not if we need taxes, but to what extent are they necessary, and at what point do their benefits become obsolete?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 10:44:04 AM
At 10/21/2016 2:18:39 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/21/2016 12:28:31 AM, TeaPatriot wrote:

The more important question is not if we need taxes, but to what extent are they necessary, and at what point do their benefits become obsolete?

Flat tax of 28 percent
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 7:18:19 PM

Lowering taxes itself is stupid, rather government spending and more privatization should take place if lower taxes are to be achieved.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:09:42 PM
At 10/21/2016 7:18:19 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Lowering taxes itself is stupid, rather government spending and more privatization should take place if lower taxes are to be achieved.

Then lets do dat
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:14:38 PM

Her tax plan is substantially idiotic.

She wants to not only continue Obama level economic programs, but to bolster them wherever she may find a "discrepancy". This equates to larger stimulus packages and more regulations in order to "help" those that are in trouble, which we know to be a farce as the stimulus packages only go to help the rich at the expense of everyone else that must pay for them via increased taxes, borrowing, or inflationary policies.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:18:50 PM
At 10/21/2016 11:14:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

She wants to not only continue Obama level economic programs, but to bolster them wherever she may find a "discrepancy". This equates to larger stimulus packages and more regulations in order to "help" those that are in trouble, which we know to be a farce as the stimulus packages only go to help the rich at the expense of everyone else that must pay for them via increased taxes, borrowing, or inflationary policies.

Why is a stimulus package bad. Not supporting it, judt asking
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:24:38 PM
At 10/21/2016 11:18:50 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:

Because it puts off problems to a few years after the package is implemented. In the end, it piles up debt and creates a large bubble when everything is bought on credit.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:33:10 PM
At 10/21/2016 11:24:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I

Because it puts off problems to a few years after the package is implemented. In the end, it piles up debt and creates a large bubble when everything is bought on credit.

So wr should increase interest rates
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:34:41 PM
At 10/21/2016 11:33:10 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
At 10/21/2016 11:24:38 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

I

So wr should increase interest rates

Increasing interest rates will hurt us in the short term but it's MUCH safer in the long run.

Javier-Riefkohl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:27:55 PM
I am here to learn so please bear with me. But is the average US citizen so against' taxes when there are countries like Sweden is northern Europe where they have huge tax rates yet they are economically strong countries. Like I said I am here to learn, since I am a business student, so I may be wrong.
JavierRiefkohl
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 7:23:14 PM
At 10/23/2016 12:27:55 PM, Javier-Riefkohl wrote:
I am here to learn so please bear with me. But is the average US citizen so against' taxes when there are countries like Sweden is northern Europe where they have huge tax rates yet they are economically strong countries. Like I said I am here to learn, since I am a business student, so I may be wrong.

Northern European nations are not strong economies, they are simply stable economies, but that's due to the fact that they have some way of keeping their economy running - the Swedish recycle the wealth they created years ago due to their free market system (they were the 3rd richest nation at one point), while nations like Denmark sell oil for money.

Other than that, in a few decades, their economies will fail, as they are stagnant and they try to stimulate far too much.