Jump to topic:

Economic Forum Guidelines

TeaPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:51:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Okay guys as many of you know im trying to revive this forum. Howvever there are many reasons why the forum died in the first place

First we need to lower the complexity of the discussions. 16kasams Is a great example of having intellectual conversation but explaining it in simple terms so all of the users can understand.

Second try to have interesting discussions, try not to be so specific on a subject. Talking about abolishing the minimum wage is a good topic while talking about teeny tiny specifics the minimum wage isnt that interesting

So far the forum is experiencing a bit of a recovery so lets try to keep it that way!
Chairman of Economic Forum Recovery
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 5:36:18 PM
At 10/21/2016 11:51:26 PM, TeaPatriot wrote:
Second try to have interesting discussions, try not to be so specific on a subject. Talking about abolishing the minimum wage is a good topic while talking about teeny tiny specifics the minimum wage isnt that interesting

Why? The reasonable argument against the minimum wage and/or hike is built upon the tradeoffs. The specificity of those tradeoffs are essential. Crime rate, job displacement, welfare reduction, job growth, minority discrepancies, etc. are all pivotal intricacies to the debate on minimum wage, so why not discuss them. In my opinion, what becomes boring is surface-level rhetoric like "minimum wage is bad because it kills jobs" or "minimum wage hikes help poverty." Both are accurate to some degree, but you can't base policy off of jabber like that. The specifics are what make a topic interesting and lead to meaningful results.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 5:47:19 PM
First we need to lower the complexity of the discussions. 16kasams Is a great example of having intellectual conversation but explaining it in simple terms so all of the users can understand.

I think this is more along the lines of what should be done insofar as making the content understandable by most users. We shouldn't forfeit meaningful discussion for the sake of everyone understanding -- it's a complex field. But, speaking in terms that are more accessible to those who are trying to learn.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 12:05:22 PM
At 10/24/2016 5:47:19 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

I think this is more along the lines of what should be done insofar as making the content understandable by most users. We shouldn't forfeit meaningful discussion for the sake of everyone understanding -- it's a complex field. But, speaking in terms that are more accessible to those who are trying to learn.

I think the real reason this forum is so inactive is because there just aren't enough people who care about economics (I am one of those people, but I like thinking about forum revival).

This forum has two maybe four regular topic posters (People who post in the forum once every day or so), whereas the politics forum has 15-18 regular posters, hence why it never dies.
Meh!