Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

A Rip Off Or Good Business Sense . . . ?

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:14:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I make money at school by issuing loans with 10%-15% interest rates and the sale and trade of goods and services (answers to questions, tutoring, food, writing utensils, etc . . . etc . . .). Now some think of me as ripping them off by my charging about 25%-100% more than what I paid for it but I always remind them about the basic principles of supply and demand as well as the key factor that because of your forgetting to bring these things I charge you in order for you to get them. But many seem to remain adamant about the fact that it is a major rip off and they could get the stuff for a dollar elsewhere (and that elsewhere is where I get my goods) but I tell them fine then go there and in the end I always make the sale.

So the question is does the fact that I charge 25% to 100% more than the amount I paid for it make it a rip off or just plain and simple good business sense?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:25:05 PM
At 2/7/2011 8:14:01 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I make money at school by issuing loans with 10%-15% interest rates and the sale and trade of goods and services (answers to questions, tutoring, food, writing utensils, etc . . . etc . . .). Now some think of me as ripping them off by my charging about 25%-100% more than what I paid for it but I always remind them about the basic principles of supply and demand as well as the key factor that because of your forgetting to bring these things I charge you in order for you to get them. But many seem to remain adamant about the fact that it is a major rip off and they could get the stuff for a dollar elsewhere (and that elsewhere is where I get my goods) but I tell them fine then go there and in the end I always make the sale.

So the question is does the fact that I charge 25% to 100% more than the amount I paid for it make it a rip off or just plain and simple good business sense?

If they really believed they were being ripped off, they wouldn't buy from you.
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 10:31:20 PM
At 2/7/2011 8:14:01 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Read this:
http://bastiat.org...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:04:00 PM
*sniff* I thank you all for your support *sniff*
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 7:49:01 PM
At 2/8/2011 4:18:51 PM, Sieben wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

And?
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 7:49:25 PM
At 2/8/2011 5:28:29 PM, juvanya wrote:
At 2/8/2011 4:04:00 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Is that sarcasm?

Half and half
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 8:07:21 PM
At 2/8/2011 8:05:22 PM, Aibohphobia wrote:
As long as they pay you its good business sense. Bonus points for telling them off and still getting paid.

Welcome to DDO!
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 8:22:50 PM
At 2/8/2011 8:20:05 PM, Aibohphobia wrote:
Thanks! I've been lurking for like two months now and finally buckled down and joined. You're hilarious by the way.

Thank you very much
Minister Of Trolling
:
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 9:25:51 PM
At 2/8/2011 7:49:25 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 2/8/2011 5:28:29 PM, juvanya wrote:
At 2/8/2011 4:04:00 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Is that sarcasm?

Half and half
I did support you. My good friend Freddy B explains that what you are doing is perfectly moral and sensible, as you have explained to your customers. I actually applaud your efforts. I wish I had the courage and initiative to do that whilst in high school (I almost became a gum dealer once).
Aibohphobia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 10:04:54 PM
At 2/8/2011 9:25:51 PM, juvanya wrote:
(I almost became a gum dealer once).

I actually know a guy who is. He carries around two packs of every flavor of five gum. It's pretty awesome.