Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

LSAT Stuff

CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So Im gonna start prepping for the LSATs this summer. The schools Im looking at as of now include Duke, UVA, Wake Forest, and UNC. Anyone got any good review books in mind? I know Kaplan and Princeton Review might have one, but I havent found it on amazon yet. If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 10:52:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
bought a prep book, studied, realized that the investment of my time as well as tuition dollars wasn't worth it.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 11:29:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
When are you planning on taking the LSAT? I've looked at sample tests; they don't look terrible but it would probably be quite difficult to score very high on them (as opposed to the SAT which was a joke). You definitely have the right kind of mind for the questions that ask, though.

I don't know that much about the test but you would be wise to find books that explain real exams. Seeing the exact way the test asks questions is a major help for me.
ipguy
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 12:40:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM, CiRrK wrote:
So Im gonna start prepping for the LSATs this summer. The schools Im looking at as of now include Duke, UVA, Wake Forest, and UNC. Anyone got any good review books in mind? I know Kaplan and Princeton Review might have one, but I havent found it on amazon yet. If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!

Make sure you want to be an attorney and practice law. Make sure you want to commit. Make sure you want to give up at least 3 years of income and spend $200K ish to get there. That said, take about 6,000 practice exams....sit in Barnes and Noble and study every LSAT book they have. If you have the dough, take a Kaplan review course and study like you've never studied before. It is a very tough and competitive test.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 9:57:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM, CiRrK wrote:
So Im gonna start prepping for the LSATs this summer. The schools Im looking at as of now include Duke, UVA, Wake Forest, and UNC. Anyone got any good review books in mind? I know Kaplan and Princeton Review might have one, but I havent found it on amazon yet. If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!

UVA!!!!
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 9:58:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM, CiRrK wrote:
So Im gonna start prepping for the LSATs this summer. The schools Im looking at as of now include Duke, UVA, Wake Forest, and UNC. Anyone got any good review books in mind? I know Kaplan and Princeton Review might have one, but I havent found it on amazon yet. If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!

I am doing blueprint the movie 2.0

It is the best!
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 2:29:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/7/2011 11:29:46 PM, Grape wrote:
When are you planning on taking the LSAT? I've looked at sample tests; they don't look terrible but it would probably be quite difficult to score very high on them (as opposed to the SAT which was a joke). You definitely have the right kind of mind for the questions that ask, though.

I don't know that much about the test but you would be wise to find books that explain real exams. Seeing the exact way the test asks questions is a major help for me.

Im planning on taking it sometime my junior year. And yeah ive looked at sample tests. The argumentation logic section was a joke and the critical reading was pretty good. The only annoying part was the analytical logic section, which I heard can be beaten with the right strategy for the right type of question.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 4:58:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 2:29:26 PM, CiRrK wrote:
Im planning on taking it sometime my junior year. And yeah ive looked at sample tests. The argumentation logic section was a joke and the critical reading was pretty good. The only annoying part was the analytical logic section, which I heard can be beaten with the right strategy for the right type of question.

I totally agree with that assessment of the test. Most of the parts that involve verbal reasoning and reading are not difficult but the questions where the answer is less intuitive are more tricky. Fortunately, those are the types of questions it is easiest to study for.
meowmixxx
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:12:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 4:58:39 PM, Grape wrote:
At 5/8/2011 2:29:26 PM, CiRrK wrote:
Im planning on taking it sometime my junior year. And yeah ive looked at sample tests. The argumentation logic section was a joke and the critical reading was pretty good. The only annoying part was the analytical logic section, which I heard can be beaten with the right strategy for the right type of question.

I totally agree with that assessment of the test. Most of the parts that involve verbal reasoning and reading are not difficult but the questions where the answer is less intuitive are more tricky. Fortunately, those are the types of questions it is easiest to study for.

My friends who are in law school all say that the LSAT looks easy until you take it and realize that it..isn't. Never intended on being a lawyer though, so I've got no idea.
Debates I'm in:
Emotion is a weakness in decision making.
http://www.debate.org... IN VOTING
It is more likely that we live in a simulated reality than a real reality.
http://www.debate.org... IN VOTING
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2011 5:19:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM, CiRrK wrote:
So Im gonna start prepping for the LSATs this summer. The schools Im looking at as of now include Duke, UVA, Wake Forest, and UNC. Anyone got any good review books in mind? I know Kaplan and Princeton Review might have one, but I havent found it on amazon yet. If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!

http://shopping.powerscore.com...

Powerscore is the best.

Kaplan and PR are sh it.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 4:44:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/8/2011 5:19:52 PM, Nags wrote:
At 5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM, CiRrK wrote:
So Im gonna start prepping for the LSATs this summer. The schools Im looking at as of now include Duke, UVA, Wake Forest, and UNC. Anyone got any good review books in mind? I know Kaplan and Princeton Review might have one, but I havent found it on amazon yet. If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!

http://shopping.powerscore.com...

Powerscore is the best.

Kaplan and PR are sh it.

Nope! I have Kaplan and Powerscore. It is not the best. The best is Blueprint!
I am killing the practice test now and am ready for OCT LSAT date!

http://blueprintprep.com...
USAPitBull63
Posts: 668
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:49:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/7/2011 2:21:38 PM, CiRrK wrote:
Anyone got any good review books in mind? If you all know of any good prep books plz post the name in this thread. THX!

This one helped me:

http://www.amazon.com...

Apparently, there's a new one out, in case you just can't get enough:

http://www.amazon.com...

Good luck.