Jump to topic:

What do colleges want to hear?

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 10:17:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When they ask for your interests and activities in their application form? And information to 'support' your application?

Which is better-why I am suitable for their college, or why their college is suitable for me?
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 10:21:17 AM
Because extra curricular wise, i am pretty much good for nothing. For the last two years or so, i have completely been on a focussed mission, and have done Nothing. But should i put in swimming, and badminton. and football, because I did play them quite often till 3 years ago.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:52:30 PM
At 5/27/2011 11:56:35 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
What Colleges want to hear: "My daddy helped pay for your football stadium"

Don't forget the Principals and Deans offices!
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 10:17:48 PM
At 5/27/2011 10:17:02 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Which is better-why I am suitable for their college, or why their college is suitable for me?

You want to be seen as a potential asset, so why you are suitable for their college is more important, but at more selective schools, whether the school is suitable for you is just as important.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 11:19:03 PM
go into a silent room and take a stack of 100 dollar and rub them together.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 8:16:56 AM
At 5/27/2011 10:17:48 PM, wjmelements wrote:

You want to be seen as a potential asset, so why you are suitable for their college is more important, but at more selective schools, whether the school is suitable for you is just as important.

what does selective schools imply? More reputed schools?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 9:22:17 AM
When they ask for your interests and activities in their application form? And information to 'support' your application?

Which is better-why I am suitable for their college, or why their college is suitable for me?:

I think it's more of a test to see how retarded you are. If you can't compose a coherent sentence, there is little reason to even have you attend their school.

It's also a hugely masturbatory. Some schools act like they're doing you a favor because they're elitist pricks (oh, I'm sorry... for a minute there I thought my tuition paid your salary). These things happen, particularly at Ivy League or highly technical universities.

It's all a game. Just play the game. Shower them with praise, regardless if it's genuine, but don't make it obvious that you're kissing their @ss. You don't want to sound desperate.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2011 8:31:52 PM
That you aren't a white middle class male.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler