Jump to topic:

Class Rank in High School

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 6:20:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm curious what people were or are ranked in high school. Almost everyone on this website seems to be insanely smart compared to most people. I would say that many people here are even smarter than the valedictorian and salutatorian of my high school. Of course, I realize that goods grades = intelligence. Perhaps some of you didn't let your schooling get in the way of your education :p.

Me:
13/187
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 6:22:35 PM
I didn't do badly but I wasn't the best, as you can see.

28/387
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 6:23:12 PM
At 6/23/2011 6:22:35 PM, annhasle wrote:
I didn't do badly but I wasn't the best, as you can see.

28/357

Oops, my bad.

Fix'd
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 6:24:50 PM
At 6/23/2011 6:20:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Perhaps some of you didn't let your schooling get in the way of your education :p.

Yeah. 125/500 or so.
Should we subsidize education?

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 6:29:12 PM
like 180/300 lol i never studied in highschool and took 8 AP courses (which was a lot at the time as 9 was the max). I learned a lot, I just didn't study for tests or do homework but paid attention in class and wrote english papers. It made things difficult for the first two years of college, but after get 4.0s I managed to work the system and come out on top big time.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 6:32:39 PM
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it was close to the bottom.

I was a straight D student. I hate school. I was the kid who made fun of the teachers, had detentions every day, and argued with the Dean about how they teach us the Bill of Rights, and then sh!t on it every chance they get.

I did the bare minimum to get by. If they told me I could have *insert number* of absences a semester, I had that many absences. If they put me in honors classes, I'd drop them because they gave too much homework. If they told me that I could fail 2 classes and still pass, I had 2 classes where I did absolutely nothing.

I was a terrible student. I hardly learned anything in school, I learned by reading on my own. Apparently, I was doing something right, because from the first time they started giving those standardized tests, they always said I should be in the 12th grade.

Course, I don't take any of this as a testament to my intelligence so much as it is a testament to how low the standards are in public schools. Seriously, there are kids in high school who can't read. You shouldn't even make it that far if you can't read.

If I could go back knowing what I do now, I'd do things differently. I'd raise far more hell. Maybe get better grades just so I could take advantage of some of the extra curricular activities.

Really, I don't think I'm especially intelligent. I might have above average comprehension skills, but that is it.

Then again, so many people around me are rock stupid, I won't rule out the possibility that I'm a fuggin genius.

But seriously, for a fuggin genius, I'm pretty retarded.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:01:12 AM
At 6/23/2011 11:38:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:37:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Dead last.

joking?

Good lord I can't remember 1988 very well. I know I was alphabetically listed last with my last name, so technically I was dead last.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:12:51 AM
I killed class participation but refused to do almost all homework and fvcked up most of my exams (except Math, which was surprisingly easy).
High School was crap but I do wish I could redo it with my present-day mind.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:16:04 AM
At 6/24/2011 12:05:54 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
17/52. Frankly, I'm surprised I made it that high. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into high school :/

Wait, no, 13/52. I wasn't sure whether it was 13 or 17, but I know I was in the top quartile.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:19:05 AM
At 6/24/2011 12:16:04 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
17/52. Frankly, I'm surprised I made it that high. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into high school :/

Wait, no, 13/52. I wasn't sure whether it was 13 or 17, but I know I was in the top quartile.

Aren't you a perfectionist?
Open borders debate:
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:23:46 AM
At 6/24/2011 12:16:04 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

There was only 52 people in your class? Good lord, we had nearly 700 in ours....

As for the OP, I don't know, honestly. It probably wasn't that high 'cuz I just didn't care back in high school.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 1:54:27 AM
I believe I was around 40 out of 250 or so. I should remember because I graduated today, but whatever. I was just barely not in the top 15%. To be honest, I should have tried harder, especially early on. I got average grades for the first half and stupidly good grades for the second half once I realized there was something in it for me.

I really hated the system, actually. I got nothing extra for taking AP classes and our valedictorian is a hardcore racist who's never taken a real class and got an SAT score like 600 points lower than mine. Pathetic pandering bastard, basically.

Fortunately I had the last laugh because I was basically born to fill in ovals on standardized tests and that's how colleges find out how smart you really are. The ovals don't take no BS.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 2:33:37 AM
At 6/24/2011 1:54:27 AM, Grape wrote:
I believe I was around 40 out of 250 or so. I should remember because I graduated today, but whatever. I was just barely not in the top 15%. To be honest, I should have tried harder, especially early on. I got average grades for the first half and stupidly good grades for the second half once I realized there was something in it for me.

I really hated the system, actually. I got nothing extra for taking AP classes and our valedictorian is a hardcore racist who's never taken a real class and got an SAT score like 600 points lower than mine. Pathetic pandering bastard, basically.

Fortunately I had the last laugh because I was basically born to fill in ovals on standardized tests and that's how colleges find out how smart you really are. The ovals don't take no BS.

Congrats on graduating from high school by the way.
Open borders debate:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 9:59:59 AM
Perhaps some of you didn't let your schooling get in the way of your education :p.

Guilty. I don't even know how I got into college with my grades. Then while in college, I don't know how I didn't get kicked out. Seriously. I should have been kicked out a long time a$s time ago. Without making excuses for my horrible approach to school, I can confirm that nearly everyone I know has better grades than me and is nowhere near as smart as me (that is not to say that I am so smart, but rather they aren't lol). Likewise I am not exaggerating when I say that some of the smartest people I know ! have done absolutely horrible in school. I recently posted a Glenn Beck article on my Facebook, as I completely agree with him that college is a huge sham anyway.
President of DDO
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 2:21:18 PM
At 6/24/2011 1:54:27 AM, Grape wrote:

haha we got next to nothing for AP classes and plenty of people who were ahead of me did never even took honors let alone AP courses.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 2:24:36 PM
We actually have weighted GPAs, so taking AP classes actually helps, although this rewards people who take the joke classes like Environmental Science and Psychology. I'm currently 15/619 or so.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 2:55:20 PM
At 6/25/2011 9:59:59 AM, Danielle wrote:

Guilty. I don't even know how I got into college with my grades. Then while in college, I don't know how I didn't get kicked out. Seriously. I should have been kicked out a long time a$s time ago. Without making excuses for my horrible approach to school, I can confirm that nearly everyone I know has better grades than me and is nowhere near as smart as me (that is not to say that I am so smart, but rather they aren't lol). Likewise I am not exaggerating when I say that some of the smartest people I know ! have done absolutely horrible in school. I recently posted a Glenn Beck article on my Facebook, as I completely agree with him that college is a huge sham anyway.

This information only means that I can now find a soon to be competent lawyer at a very cheap price.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 3:37:38 PM
At 6/25/2011 3:35:21 PM, Maikuru wrote:
3/75. Pretty small school.

My class is almost 3 times that size, and you generally have to be in the top 3 to get into Brown.
Open borders debate:
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 10:27:33 PM
At 6/25/2011 3:37:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:

My class is almost 3 times that size, and you generally have to be in the top 3 to get into Brown.

My girlfriend at the time was number 6 and managed to join me at Brown. I liked to tell her it was because Brown was worried I wouldn't accept without her, but she never found that very funny.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2011 10:41:12 PM
At 6/25/2011 10:27:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 6/25/2011 3:37:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:

My girlfriend at the time was number 6 and managed to join me at Brown. I liked to tell her it was because Brown was worried I wouldn't accept without her, but she never found that very funny.

You should have inverted the joke.