Jump to topic:

Obtaining a Pilot's Liscense

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2011 3:24:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
When I got my license, way back, it was about 50 hours of flight time at $100/hr. I heard recently that it's $250/hr now. The written test is easy. Flying the plane is not too difficult. The hard part is the endless radio work with ATC. The scary part is bad weather. Don't go up there if there is weather that day.

If you have a choice, learn in a rural area. That reduces the radio work and waiting for takeoff and landing. Realistic-type flight simulation software is a good way to learn procedures.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 2:11:09 AM
At 8/2/2011 3:24:02 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
When I got my license, way back, it was about 50 hours of flight time at $100/hr. I heard recently that it's $250/hr now. The written test is easy. Flying the plane is not too difficult. The hard part is the endless radio work with ATC. The scary part is bad weather. Don't go up there if there is weather that day.

If you have a choice, learn in a rural area. That reduces the radio work and waiting for takeoff and landing. Realistic-type flight simulation software is a good way to learn procedures.

Thanks plenty!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 2:35:23 AM
Don't wear a turban.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.