Jump to topic:

Online Education

ravi_limaye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:33:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
How do you comapre online education with the conventional education? Will this bring a Global change? Do you know of some ideal e-learning models ?
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 2:45:04 PM
At 9/14/2011 1:33:17 PM, ravi_limaye wrote:
How do you comapre online education with the conventional education? Will this bring a Global change? Do you know of some ideal e-learning models ?

Online education is practical for the modern American lifestyle when compared to the conventional methods. I think it will bring some global change and maybe a full-scale change to the educational system design. Rosetta Stone is great example of an online/offline educational program. It teaches language like no other.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
ravi_limaye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 2:53:59 PM
At 9/14/2011 2:45:04 PM, Tiel wrote:

Online education is practical for the modern American lifestyle when compared to the conventional methods. I think it will bring some global change and maybe a full-scale change to the educational system design. Rosetta Stone is great example of an online/offline educational program. It teaches language like no other.

Moodle, Joomla LMS are also good tools for opensource elearning development
ravi_limaye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 8:42:17 PM
What would be the future scenario in online education.
It appears that colleges are for peer interaction and social interactions.
The knowledge transfer should not be restricted to some professors of some particular university. The knowledge should be universal and a college faculty should be global. Real knowledge builds with getting multiple inputs.
Debate.org fantastic as one is sharing information, discussing and t adds to one's THOUGHT PROCESS
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 8:56:27 PM
Online education is good for lectures, homework problems, and for assistance. I've watched some very good online lectures. I learned game theory through a yale open course. It's a very efficient and cheap source of information.

With that said, examination should be done in real time to avoid cheating. I've taken online quizzes and exams, and the incentives to try and learn are greatly diminished. I just used ctrl+f to pass my online classes at the university I go to.

Online education has the potential to improve education quality and reduce the cost of it down to a few hundred bucks a year.

I also think that cooperative learning is also a cheap solution to education that is also underutilized. Again, cooperative learning also runs into the same problem of cheating incentives, especially if grading is involved.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 9:41:43 PM
At 9/14/2011 2:45:04 PM, Tiel wrote:

Look at this: http://www.learnthatlanguagenow.com...

And maybe watch this:
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thomaslues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:18:44 AM
Online education allows the students to enjoy utmost freedom in the process of learning. It helps you to remain engaged in all other works including the course you want to pursue. I think its the major difference between the online education and conventional education systems.
johnitaly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 2:37:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

Online Education is more beneficial as campare to traditional university education, with online education students can do their regular activities and continue their education both at same time.
http://www.priorlearningdegree.com...