Jump to topic:

psat

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2008 11:32:23 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Did anyone take the PSAT today? Have you taken it in years past? Are you currently studying for it?

What are your thoughts on the PSAT?

I took the PSAT this morning, and realized how easy it was. Perhaps it's just that I've over-prepared myself, but it seemed to me as though anyone could have do well on it. I dunno. What do you think?

topic is lowercase because a following exception occurred. D;
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
LR4N6FTW4EVA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 11:54:18 AM
Took PSAT in school on Wednesday. Pretty damn easy. I messed up on a stupid parabola problem, but I didn't study or anything, and that one parabola problem was the only one I didn't get. I figured out the answer during lunch that day, I simply needed to use the midpoint formula.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 11:57:41 AM
I'm taking the ACT next weekend and the SAT the weekend after that. I only have one chance so I have to do good to get into the colleges I'm applying for.
funnybrad333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 12:22:17 PM
Math=Easy
Reading/Writing=WTFBBQ!?!

I can't stand subjective questioning.

"Choose the answer that BEST fits the question."

And then they give you four to five answers that are applicable, now all you have to do is call the people that made the test and ask them which one they prefer.
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
LR4N6FTW4EVA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 12:26:32 PM
At 10/19/2008 12:22:17 PM, funnybrad333 wrote:
Math=Easy
Reading/Writing=WTFBBQ!?!

I can't stand subjective questioning.

"Choose the answer that BEST fits the question."

And then they give you four to five answers that are applicable, now all you have to do is call the people that made the test and ask them which one they prefer.

I don't know. Most of the answers are never applicable. Besides, the point is to see your skills in interpreting other people's writings. It's a test of people skills. But writing is simply knowledge of grammar rules, that's in no way subjective.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 1:13:12 PM
At 10/19/2008 12:26:32 PM, LR4N6FTW4EVA wrote:

I don't know. Most of the answers are never applicable. Besides, the point is to see your skills in interpreting other people's writings. It's a test of people skills. But writing is simply knowledge of grammar rules, that's in no way subjective.

I agree, most of it is bullcrap. But if you take prep classes, they teach you how to search for answers, and answering those crap questions becomes a breeze.

BTW: WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. REFRAIN FROM DOING SO.
LR4N6FTW4EVA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 2:47:32 PM
At 10/19/2008 1:13:12 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 10/19/2008 12:26:32 PM, LR4N6FTW4EVA wrote:

I agree, most of it is bullcrap. But if you take prep classes, they teach you how to search for answers, and answering those crap questions becomes a breeze.

BTW: WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. REFRAIN FROM DOING SO.

We aren't supposed to talk about specific questions? But I thought that they don't use a form more than once.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 3:20:06 PM
At 10/19/2008 2:47:32 PM, LR4N6FTW4EVA wrote:
We aren't supposed to talk about specific questions? But I thought that they don't use a form more than once.

True, but that's what I've heard.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 4:17:00 PM
College board policies- you may never mention the specific multiple choice question, even to the college board to complain about how the question is stupid and all the answers are wrong and/or two or more are correct, which happens at least 3 times a test in my experience (I've taken the PSAT, SAT, and 5 AP tests).

You may mention the essay questions on SAT's and AP's 48 hours after the test is over.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Sweatingjojo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2008 5:52:42 PM
At 10/19/2008 5:32:36 PM, LR4N6FTW4EVA wrote:
That's a restriction of freedom of speech. Can they really do that?

When you sign the test at spot #17, you are actually signing a legally binding contract which requires you to abide by the rules that they create. So yeah, they can do that.
LR4N6FTW4EVA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2008 2:59:51 AM
At 10/19/2008 5:52:42 PM, Sweatingjojo wrote:
At 10/19/2008 5:32:36 PM, LR4N6FTW4EVA wrote:
That's a restriction of freedom of speech. Can they really do that?

When you sign the test at spot #17, you are actually signing a legally binding contract which requires you to abide by the rules that they create. So yeah, they can do that.

Ahh..sh*t. I should've read what I was signing...
Wayne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2008 3:17:48 PM
i don't think college board would sue you if you discuss it, most they would do is just cancel your scores.

see look,

for the first problem, i got a, and then b, a, d, d, a, c, d

that's all i remember =[
To be or not to be... what kind of question is that?
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 6:22:49 PM
People who are smart in math/science:

Math=easy to super easy

Writing/Reading= easy to BLAZING HARD
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2008 6:51:10 PM
At 10/27/2008 6:22:49 PM, Dnick94 wrote:

Math=easy to super easy

The Writing/Reading can be pretty easy too, you just have to look at them as if though they were science/math questions.

The PSATs are a poor gauge for the SATs though. The questions are different. I was taking SAT examinations to prep for my high school entrance exam, and was surprised by how different the PSATs were in comparison when I took it Sophomore year.

I did fairly well on my SATs, so let me give you a trick.

Buy several SAT math woorkbooks, SAT English workbooks, and SAT Writing workbooks (separate) and one or two collections of full tests.

During a weekday, do one section math, one section english, one section writing.

Check your answers after them, Circle the ones you get wrong, cross out the ones you get right.

The next day, do another section of each, then repeat the grading process.

On Saturday, do a full test for the full time, at the exact time of the test (10:00 to 1:30, I believe). No breaks in between except for the allotted one. Time yourself accurately. If you finish early, sit and wait for time to expire.

After that, grade yourself using the circle cross method, and relax for the rest of the day.

On Sunday, re-do all the circled questions for the whole week and skip the crossed out ones.

Repeat for the next week. Then the week after that, then the week after that.

It shouldn't take you more than an hour a day on the weekday or sunday, and on Saturday, you'd have the whole day (who hangs out in the morning anyway?)

I studied like this for about a month, I got a 740 on math, 740 on english, 700 on writing.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:04:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bump.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 10:00:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/27/2008 6:51:10 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/27/2008 6:22:49 PM, Dnick94 wrote:

Math=easy to super easy

The Writing/Reading can be pretty easy too, you just have to look at them as if though they were science/math questions.

The PSATs are a poor gauge for the SATs though. The questions are different. I was taking SAT examinations to prep for my high school entrance exam, and was surprised by how different the PSATs were in comparison when I took it Sophomore year.

I did fairly well on my SATs, so let me give you a trick.

Buy several SAT math woorkbooks, SAT English workbooks, and SAT Writing workbooks (separate) and one or two collections of full tests.

During a weekday, do one section math, one section english, one section writing.

Check your answers after them, Circle the ones you get wrong, cross out the ones you get right.

The next day, do another section of each, then repeat the grading process.

On Saturday, do a full test for the full time, at the exact time of the test (10:00 to 1:30, I believe). No breaks in between except for the allotted one. Time yourself accurately. If you finish early, sit and wait for time to expire.

After that, grade yourself using the circle cross method, and relax for the rest of the day.

On Sunday, re-do all the circled questions for the whole week and skip the crossed out ones.

Repeat for the next week. Then the week after that, then the week after that.

It shouldn't take you more than an hour a day on the weekday or sunday, and on Saturday, you'd have the whole day (who hangs out in the morning anyway?)

I studied like this for about a month, I got a 740 on math, 740 on english, 700 on writing.

Lmfaoooooooooooooooo

That was awesome, though.