Jump to topic:

Who Was Your Favorite Teacher ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 10:52:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
My favorite teacher of all time was a lady, who I was reunited with lately just last year. Her name is Gloria Garner. She was my first grade teacher actually and she is still as charming and witty as she has ever been. I was taught fractions and multiplication via addition in that classroom. We had parties, plays, musicals, and recess was the bomb. I can truly say that it was a time to remember, and it feels so good to reconnect with those who made you who you are today.
What about you ? Who was your favorite school teacher ?
And what was your favorite grade ? Lets rock.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 11:01:59 AM
Hmmm...so much time to choose and select from....I'd honestly say my seventh (and eighth) grade history teacher and my nineth grade Biology teacher. I'd remember watching clips of historical programs and some documentaries (and even a rap video on the mechanics of the cell) as well as the great time I had in each classes.

I would list my nine-grade and tenth-grade English teachers as well; both offered great insight, with my freshman English teacher being very helpful (I often gave her drafts of assigned essays and would follower her revisions) and my sophomore English teacher quite interesting; his style of interpretation, connections to outside life, is, as I said, interesting....

It's hard to choose from the whole group though---or select one as a favorite...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 12:36:12 PM
I actually in virtual homeschool right now and My favorite teacher is my math teacher Mrs.Cherney :) she a great teacher. :)
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 8:25:20 PM
Mr. McLaughlin and Mr. Bitton my 8th grade science teacher and high school chemistry teacher respectively. Mr. McLaughlin made me like science and inspired and recommended me to go into honors science, which allowed me to have classes with Mr. Bitton. Mr. McLaughlin was an easy teacher but made science fun. He also talked a lot about the technology aspect of science, and the economics behind some of the stuff.

Mr. Bitton was my chemistry teacher and probably the reason I went into chemical engineering. Very laid back but learned a lot from him.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2012 7:19:52 PM
My favorite teacher would probably be Mr. Fangboner, he made class fun and easy to understand (4th grade). No that is really his name.

My favorite grade would probably be 4th grade - many good memories. I also in 4th grade strangely had enough motivation to wake up 15 minutes earlier than I do currently, although the bus came an hour later compared to now.

I am a HS freshman.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OpinionatedTeen13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 8:58:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
My favorite teacher was my Spanish teacher last year. She made school fun because she was really energetic and enthusiastic. She had a passion for the language and really wanted us to succeed.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 6:14:36 PM
At 1/26/2012 10:52:28 AM, inferno wrote:
My favorite teacher of all time was a lady, who I was reunited with lately just last year. Her name is Gloria Garner. She was my first grade teacher actually and she is still as charming and witty as she has ever been. I was taught fractions and multiplication via addition in that classroom. We had parties, plays, musicals, and recess was the bomb. I can truly say that it was a time to remember, and it feels so good to reconnect with those who made you who you are today.

That's awesome! I actually want to be a first grade teacher myself! =)

My favorite teacher... ooh. I have a top four from high school, that's the best I can do :P

-My American Lit. teacher. He's hilarious, nerdy, corny, and extremely helpful and caring. He can't stand the thought of throwing out books. He's a very romanticized reader... he loves analyzing for themes and meaning. It makes his day, ahaha!

-My Language and Composition teacher. He's a lot like my American Lit. teacher, except less corny/nerdy and more outspoken. He does dramatic things, weaves a huge vocabulary flawlessly into conversation, and constantly tries to embarrass students or pull tricks on them :P While I suppose he's less "nerdy", his love for English definitely shows in how sophisticated he can pull ideas together and critique the class' work.

Both of my English teachers mentioned here have both been emotionally supportive in times when I've gone through some rough things I and appreciate them highly for that.

-My biology teacher. She's influenced so many parts of my life intellectually and emotionally. I've learned SO much from her and it's inspired me to minor in biology. Her emphasis isn't on lecture. It's on real-life, relevant discussions and hands-on activities. She also took the time to teach things that were not so important to cover for tests or state standards, but she did them to educate us so we could live healthier and more informed lives.

-My high school math teacher. She happened to teach geometry, trigonometry, and pre-calc, so I had her for three consecutive years! Her credentials are so expansive that the school has swapped the courses she teaches fairly often. She's even teaching Calculus this year because the old calc. teacher just retired XD Honestly, it impresses me. She uses her depth of knowledge in every class, immensely adding to to her effectiveness. She demonstrates many things I want to be as a teacher myself. She's amazingly mathematically skilled, beyond kind, and willing to do everything it takes to get her students to succeed.

Honorable mentions!

I had a college professor in Fall 2013 who really just epitomized who I wanted to be as a teacher. He taught elementary education mathematics (it's not a "Here's how you add!" class. It's an in depth coverage of methods and an understanding why basic mathematics work). Anyway, he was enthusiastic about EVERYTHING. Always smiling. Never condescending. Which added a lot to my comfort and security. There were students in the class who needed lecture on stuff they should have known, especially by college, but he never expressed a disappointed or frustrated attitude toward them. So when I thought my own questions were stupid, I really didn't think he'd think they were stupid XD He encouraged us to use exciting ways to teach, had us practice presenting lessons, and had us reflect on rather important and serious issues concerning mathematics and teaching.

There's another honorable mention I have for my Japanese language teacher, but I've gone on enough, haha :P
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 11:46:24 AM
At 7/19/2014 6:14:36 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:
At 1/26/2012 10:52:28 AM, inferno wrote:

That's awesome! I actually want to be a first grade teacher myself! =)

My favorite teacher... ooh. I have a top four from high school, that's the best I can do :P

-My American Lit. teacher. He's hilarious, nerdy, corny, and extremely helpful and caring. He can't stand the thought of throwing out books. He's a very romanticized reader... he loves analyzing for themes and meaning. It makes his day, ahaha!

-My Language and Composition teacher. He's a lot like my American Lit. teacher, except less corny/nerdy and more outspoken. He does dramatic things, weaves a huge vocabulary flawlessly into conversation, and constantly tries to embarrass students or pull tricks on them :P While I suppose he's less "nerdy", his love for English definitely shows in how sophisticated he can pull ideas together and critique the class' work.

Both of my English teachers mentioned here have both been emotionally supportive in times when I've gone through some rough things I and appreciate them highly for that.

-My biology teacher. She's influenced so many parts of my life intellectually and emotionally. I've learned SO much from her and it's inspired me to minor in biology. Her emphasis isn't on lecture. It's on real-life, relevant discussions and hands-on activities. She also took the time to teach things that were not so important to cover for tests or state standards, but she did them to educate us so we could live healthier and more informed lives.

-My high school math teacher. She happened to teach geometry, trigonometry, and pre-calc, so I had her for three consecutive years! Her credentials are so expansive that the school has swapped the courses she teaches fairly often. She's even teaching Calculus this year because the old calc. teacher just retired XD Honestly, it impresses me. She uses her depth of knowledge in every class, immensely adding to to her effectiveness. She demonstrates many things I want to be as a teacher myself. She's amazingly mathematically skilled, beyond kind, and willing to do everything it takes to get her students to succeed.

Honorable mentions!

I had a college professor in Fall 2013 who really just epitomized who I wanted to be as a teacher. He taught elementary education mathematics (it's not a "Here's how you add!" class. It's an in depth coverage of methods and an understanding why basic mathematics work). Anyway, he was enthusiastic about EVERYTHING. Always smiling. Never condescending. Which added a lot to my comfort and security. There were students in the class who needed lecture on stuff they should have known, especially by college, but he never expressed a disappointed or frustrated attitude toward them. So when I thought my own questions were stupid, I really didn't think he'd think they were stupid XD He encouraged us to use exciting ways to teach, had us practice presenting lessons, and had us reflect on rather important and serious issues concerning mathematics and teaching.

There's another honorable mention I have for my Japanese language teacher, but I've gone on enough, haha :P

Thank you.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 11:48:32 AM
my favorite teacher is my freshman year English teacher. Although his class is god-damn hard, he's funny and tries to help out the most he can. He's also very nice.

I don't remember my elementary school teacher's quality...I do remember her tho, she's very memorable...I think I had her when i was 9 years old...her name was Mrs. King....and I think over time I developed the cool username 9spaceking...IDK, really.
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 11:49:50 AM
My Top 10 Teachers I had
1. Cheif Warrent Officer 3 Gunner Kelly (Taught JROTC and Drill)
2. Ms. G. Brown (taught 7th grade English)
3. Mr. Schumann (taught Pre-APUSH and APUSH)
4. Mr. Way (taught 8th grade English)
5. Mr. Remmey (Taught Debate, Forensics, and AP Government)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:39:29 PM
I've had quite a few. It's hard to decide.

My music teacher is just amazing. I've been around him a lot, whether for mixed chorus, select choir, AP Music Theory, and the spring musicals, and he never ceases to inspire me. When I entered high school, I was overly realist and figured I would never do anything music related once out of college, but he helped me to change that perception.

My AP English Literature teacher was swagadelic. To date, she's the only teacher I've gotten a selfie with.

My APUSH teacher was awesome as well. Poor guy had an aortic dissection that kept him out of school for the last 3 months of school (thankfully, he survived); however, he still inspired me to look toward history-related fields for a college major in the future. I also probably would not have signed up for AP European History if not for him.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:39:56 PM
At 7/22/2014 11:49:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
My Top 10 Teachers I had
1. Cheif Warrent Officer 3 Gunner Kelly (Taught JROTC and Drill)
2. Ms. G. Brown (taught 7th grade English)
3. Mr. Schumann (taught Pre-APUSH and APUSH)
4. Mr. Way (taught 8th grade English)
5. Mr. Remmey (Taught Debate, Forensics, and AP Government)

*says top 10, lists 5 :p*
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Cassie412
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 6:38:02 PM
My favorite teacher was my science and Bible teacher in eighth grade, Mr. Foresto. He was extremely patient, came up with all kinds of great ideas to make learning fun, and let my class creatively experiment rather than reading from a textbook. He was also the nicest person I've ever known.