Jump to topic:

Where are you guys going to Uni?

Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 4:20:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The summer is near, or already here depending on where you are, or possibly the winter too. But for us northern hemispherians that means the end of school for the summer or the end of school altogether. And the question to those whom have completed school, is where are you going next?

Im guessing that there will be a few ivy leaguers here on DDO, (the american bunch mostly) But where exactly are you going? did the exams go according to plan, or are there some dissapointments?

I have been on a gap year and I start Uni in october, I was one of the dissapointed unfortunately and I didnt get into my first choice of Oxford Brookes, And am going to Leeds Metropolitan instead to study Hospitality and leadership Management.

So what's going on in your lives? have a good leavers ball? (prom) take a nice date? Tell me all the summer gossip!

Peaze and luv
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2009 4:34:03 PM
University of Florida in about 2 weeks (Summer classes).

Next year I plan to study abroad in Tokyo.

I'm getting so much money in grants and scholarships I'm pretty much getting paid thousands of dollars to go to school.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2009 9:42:50 AM
At 6/12/2009 4:34:03 PM, s0m31john wrote:
Next year I plan to study abroad in Tokyo.

Rich...

I'm getting so much money in grants and scholarships I'm pretty much getting paid thousands of dollars to go to school.

You, John?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2009 12:18:31 AM

You, John?

Why is that unbelievable? I'm not going to have to pay a dime for Summer, Fall, or Spring.

Summer:
http://img341.imageshack.us...

Fall and Spring:
http://img401.imageshack.us...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2009 1:19:46 PM
Lol, the libertarian who advocates the feds shouldn't give handouts gets handouts for college. Irony.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2009 9:22:48 AM
At 6/24/2009 1:37:46 PM, s0m31john wrote:
I've gotta take as much as I can before they start stealing from me. That way the net loss will hopefully be zero.

That may be so, but you're accepting money that in your view is stolen. That must be morally wrong for you.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2009 11:19:23 AM
Why would someone be bound not to take what little compensation the state offers for a future of slavery? That makes little sense, it reduces the odds of libertarianism being enacted if libertarians voluntarily do what should be the state's dirty work in making the playing field more stacked against them. Starting or reinforcing theft programs is unnacceptable, receiving from those that exist anyway is not so long as you continue to work to stop those programs from existing.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2009 11:33:49 AM
Isn't receiving from just another way of saying 'reinforcing' in this instance? Or are you just trying to excuse your inconsistency? :)