Jump to topic:

This is our education level

EPRdebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 1:26:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am an intelligent year 10 student in Australia, second class this year the following was set:

(we were studying Metaphors)
We had to match the Phrases from two lists, These were the answers:

A snake is like --- Black rope in the Grass
The sun is like --- A gold coin in the sky

There were others that I can't remember.

Our next task: Identify visual and literary features.

Verbs - Literary
Cartoons - Visual
Nouns - Literary
Title - literary
Photos - Visual
Bullet Points - Visual (I disagree with this)

Again there were others.

this challenged some members of my class. My Year 10 (14 - 16 Year olds) Class.
Romanes eunt domus
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 8:33:20 PM
I am an intelligent year 10 student in Australia
Never, ever, start like this, you're setting yourself up to be antagonised. You may very well be intelligent but let that fact be understood not claimed.

At 2/22/2012 1:26:06 AM, EPRdebate wrote:
Was this a match up question? Unless we have the other options I can't really judge.

Verbs - Literary
Cartoons - Visual
Nouns - Literary
Title - literary
Photos - Visual
Did your teacher define what 'Literary' means? So long as they actually understood I'd expect them, as 14 years olds, to know. I agree with you on: Bullet Points - Literary.

Let simple people be simple. In life you're guaranteed to meet people dumber than this, consider yourself lucky to have met them now, you're experienced. It's not like they want to be English teachers themselves, right?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 8:39:28 PM
At 2/22/2012 8:33:20 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I am an intelligent year 10 student in Australia
Never, ever, start like this, you're setting yourself up to be antagonised. You may very well be intelligent but let that fact be understood not claimed.

At 2/22/2012 1:26:06 AM, EPRdebate wrote:
Was this a match up question? Unless we have the other options I can't really judge.

Verbs - Literary
Cartoons - Visual
Nouns - Literary
Title - literary
Photos - Visual
Did your teacher define what 'Literary' means? So long as they actually understood I'd expect them, as 14 years olds, to know. I agree with you on: Bullet Points - Literary.

Let simple people be simple. In life you're guaranteed to meet people dumber than this, consider yourself lucky to have met them now, you're experienced. It's not like they want to be English teachers themselves, right?

Morons are dispersed evenly throughout the world, No matter where you go, there will be one there, and you will bow to their absurdity and they will make more money than you. A simple fact of life.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%