Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

The student's rights

buelg
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 8:30:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
As law of student's rights are getting more colder, now teachers are not able to hit or torture (well, not baisically torture...^^) students. But still, some adults ask why the government had done such foolish thing, because they think hitting with a stick will make the students study more harder. In the other hand, young children are happy that they are now safe. Which side are you in?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 10:09:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.

Just...effectiveness in general?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2012 2:08:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
that's okay, the lawyers made sure the only violent adults at schools are now trained armed passionless security guards.... great progress.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 1:35:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.

Psychologists agree that reward is much more effective than punishment, in any case.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 1:36:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
As schools are an establishment FOR students, it would best be an establishment BY the students.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 9:24:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 8:30:55 AM, buelg wrote:
As law of student's rights are getting more colder, now teachers are not able to hit or torture (well, not baisically torture...^^) students. But still, some adults ask why the government had done such foolish thing, because they think hitting with a stick will make the students study more harder. In the other hand, young children are happy that they are now safe. Which side are you in?

The purpose of hitting you with a stick was never to make "you" study harder. You were hit with the stick because you were being a disruptive jack arse and ruining everyone else's ability to study. In other words "Sit down and shut your face so everyone else can learn". If you don't want to participate that is fine but you will "not participate" in silence and not bother anyone while you don't participate.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 9:33:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 9:24:09 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/14/2012 8:30:55 AM, buelg wrote:
As law of student's rights are getting more colder, now teachers are not able to hit or torture (well, not baisically torture...^^) students. But still, some adults ask why the government had done such foolish thing, because they think hitting with a stick will make the students study more harder. In the other hand, young children are happy that they are now safe. Which side are you in?

The purpose of hitting you with a stick was never to make "you" study harder. You were hit with the stick because you were being a disruptive jack arse and ruining everyone else's ability to study. In other words "Sit down and shut your face so everyone else can learn". If you don't want to participate that is fine but you will "not participate" in silence and not bother anyone while you don't participate.

Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 9:38:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.:

Oh, no, not a dunce cap!!!

Every class clown wants that honor and privilege.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2012 10:06:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 9:38:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.:

Oh, no, not a dunce cap!!!

Every class clown wants that honor and privilege.

I'll be happy to oblige after I hit them with the stick.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 7:23:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 10:06:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/30/2012 9:38:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.:

Oh, no, not a dunce cap!!!

Every class clown wants that honor and privilege.

I'll be happy to oblige after I hit them with the stick.

You do realize that that would just make them more rebellious? Plus if you beat them excessively, they would sue.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 7:27:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 8:30:55 AM, buelg wrote:
As law of student's rights are getting more colder, now teachers are not able to hit or torture (well, not baisically torture...^^) students. But still, some adults ask why the government had done such foolish thing, because they think hitting with a stick will make the students study more harder. In the other hand, young children are happy that they are now safe. Which side are you in?

whichever method is the one that you didn't get. Whatever lead you to say "...make the students study more harder" is not working.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2012 7:28:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/30/2012 1:36:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
As schools are an establishment FOR students, it would best be an establishment BY the students.

Right, and pre-school should be completely run by 3-years old. And only an 8 month old should babysit my 8 month old.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 6:08:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 7:28:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/30/2012 1:36:52 AM, FREEDO wrote:
As schools are an establishment FOR students, it would best be an establishment BY the students.

Right, and pre-school should be completely run by 3-years old. And only an 8 month old should babysit my 8 month old.

Precisely.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2012 7:00:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/31/2012 7:23:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/30/2012 10:06:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/30/2012 9:38:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.:

Oh, no, not a dunce cap!!!

Every class clown wants that honor and privilege.

I'll be happy to oblige after I hit them with the stick.

You do realize that that would just make them more rebellious? Plus if you beat them excessively, they would sue.

Um, once you you don't get the message after sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on and continue, there is not much point in your existence. Go to prison for all I care, but get the fuk out of this school so the rest can learn. I have no pity for them they can rot in a gutter and die as far as I am concerned.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 12:48:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/1/2012 7:00:50 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/31/2012 7:23:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/30/2012 10:06:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/30/2012 9:38:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.:

Oh, no, not a dunce cap!!!

Every class clown wants that honor and privilege.

I'll be happy to oblige after I hit them with the stick.

You do realize that that would just make them more rebellious? Plus if you beat them excessively, they would sue.

Um, once you you don't get the message after sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on and continue, there is not much point in your existence. Go to prison for all I care, but get the fuk out of this school so the rest can learn. I have no pity for them they can rot in a gutter and die as far as I am concerned.

Aren't you one of those people who believes that we are only morally obligated to care about ourselves?
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 10:58:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/4/2012 12:48:28 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/1/2012 7:00:50 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/31/2012 7:23:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 3/30/2012 10:06:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/30/2012 9:38:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Oh, I am on the side of bring back hitting disruptive unruly children with a stick and further more bringing back the "DUNCE CAP" sitting on a stool in the corner of the room. The thought of having to sit in the corner of the room with a dunce cap on ones head will shut up the most unruly of unruly of jack arse children so the rest can learn in peace.:

Oh, no, not a dunce cap!!!

Every class clown wants that honor and privilege.

I'll be happy to oblige after I hit them with the stick.

You do realize that that would just make them more rebellious? Plus if you beat them excessively, they would sue.

Um, once you you don't get the message after sitting in the corner with a dunce cap on and continue, there is not much point in your existence. Go to prison for all I care, but get the fuk out of this school so the rest can learn. I have no pity for them they can rot in a gutter and die as far as I am concerned.

Aren't you one of those people who believes that we are only morally obligated to care about ourselves?

No, I am only morally obligated to help those who want to help themselves. Why should I expend one penny or one minute of time on someone whose only goal is to tell me to F off. Let them rot, let them starve and ship them to the middle of nowhere ad they can all cannibalize each other while they all tell each other to F off.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 4:49:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.

The Fool: WTF? Obvoiusly not a child psychology major..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:29:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/6/2012 4:49:48 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.

The Fool: WTF? Obvoiusly not a child psychology major..

Um that is how it used to be done. We never had disruptive children in class. They were gone in two seconds flat. You were given a few warnings, such as a smack on the back of the hand which did the trick for 98% of the children and then the stool and dunce cap took care of the other 1.5% and the ones who were so unruly and dense were just kicked out of school forever never to return. Kids need to be humiliated when they get out of line. Not coddled like little babies. This is how you will be treated as an adult why teach kids something else that is devoid of reality.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:30:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/6/2012 10:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/6/2012 4:49:48 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.

The Fool: WTF? Obvoiusly not a child psychology major..

Um that is how it used to be done. We never had disruptive children in class. They were gone in two seconds flat. You were given a few warnings, such as a smack on the back of the hand which did the trick for 98% of the children and then the stool and dunce cap took care of the other 1.5% and the ones who were so unruly and dense were just kicked out of school forever never to return. Kids need to be humiliated when they get out of line. Not coddled like little babies. This is how you will be treated as an adult why teach kids something else that is devoid of reality.

And you wonder why our generation has no respect for you at all . . .
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:31:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/6/2012 10:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 4/6/2012 4:49:48 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 3/14/2012 10:07:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Corporal punishment increases effectiveness.

The Fool: WTF? Obvoiusly not a child psychology major..

Um that is how it used to be done. We never had disruptive children in class. They were gone in two seconds flat. You were given a few warnings, such as a smack on the back of the hand which did the trick for 98% of the children and then the stool and dunce cap took care of the other 1.5% and the ones who were so unruly and dense were just kicked out of school forever never to return. Kids need to be humiliated when they get out of line. Not coddled like little babies. This is how you will be treated as an adult why teach kids something else that is devoid of reality.

LmfaooOOoOoOoooOOoOOo a dunce cap.
amberfairygirl
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:28:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
To be perfectly honest with you if a teacher hit me with a stick in class i would be so angry and probably call it child abuse. Sorry...but nowadays using the cane or a stick WILL NOT WORK.Todays children are not used to it and thi kind of discipline hardly works at home let alone school.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 1:26:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Corporal punishment is fine when done by the parent. But if anyone were to hit my kids, there would be hell to pay.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 2:55:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think we should lose systems where teachers control internal marking i.e. your local teacher(the one who actually taught you stuff) should not be allowed to mark you. Infact they should have no powers whatsoever. All marking should be computerized.
Their ability to screw with your future is much worse than them beating you up.

Also student rights go much farther than maintaining discipline. They are protect against long-term psychological trauma.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 7:13:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 2:55:57 AM, marcuscato wrote:
I think we should lose systems where teachers control internal marking i.e. your local teacher(the one who actually taught you stuff) should not be allowed to mark you. Infact they should have no powers whatsoever. All marking should be computerized.
Their ability to screw with your future is much worse than them beating you up.

Also student rights go much farther than maintaining discipline. They are protect against long-term psychological trauma.

"All marking should be computerized." Devoid of all reality in the work force. You will be judged by people. If your teacher messes with you, that will be a pretty good indicator of how you will fair in the real world.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 7:17:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mommy, I was being a disruptive jack a$$ and the teacher hit me. WHAAAAA

Kids are such wuses today.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 7:18:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 7:17:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
Mommy, I was being a disruptive jack a$$ and the teacher hit me. WHAAAAA

Kids are such wuses today.

LOL

I wonder if you would be fine with your boss beating you.