Jump to topic:

Schedules

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 9:13:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So, with school getting ready to start for many people, I figure that many of you that are in high school or college will have class schedules lined up, or in the works; I myself went to registration earlier this afternoon, and after about an hour of tough negotiating, I managed to come out with this:

1 - Accounting

2 - AP English

3 (Sem 1) - ACT Prep (my debate coach teaches this, among other classes - basically an hour of relaxation)

3 (Sem 2) - AP Government

4 (Sem 1) - Economics

4 (Sem 2) - Note Taking (a complete joke of a class, but trust me when I say that this was the least terrible thing I could find to fit the slot)

5 - German IV

6 - Debate
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 9:20:25 PM
[my] School is sh!tty.
Freshman year, supposed to get schedules a day before school started.
Got it on the first day. "Computer system crashed".
Sophomore year, supposed to get schedules two days before school started.
Got it on the first day. "Computer system crashed".
Junior year, supposed to get schedules two weeks before school started.
Got it on the first day. "Technical difficulties".

Senior year, still got no contact from school saying anything.
I'm betting that I'll get my schedule the first day.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 9:26:48 PM
At 8/5/2009 9:13:00 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
So, with school getting ready to start for many people, I figure that many of you that are in high school or college will have class schedules lined up, or in the works; I myself went to registration earlier this afternoon, and after about an hour of tough negotiating, I managed to come out with this:

1 - Accounting

2 - AP English

3 (Sem 1) - ACT Prep (my debate coach teaches this, among other classes - basically an hour of relaxation)

4 (Sem 1) - Economics

4 (Sem 2) - Note Taking (a complete joke of a class, but trust me when I say that this was the least terrible thing I could find to fit the slot)

5 - German IV

6 - Debate

I had to drop one of my classes because scheduling wasn't accurate.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 10:47:52 PM
At 8/5/2009 9:26:48 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 8/5/2009 9:13:00 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

1 - Accounting

2 - AP English

4 (Sem 1) - Economics

5 - German IV

6 - Debate

I had to drop one of my classes because scheduling wasn't accurate.

Yeah, I ended up having to drop Physics B AP (Which pissed me off) and Statistics AP (which didn't bother me too much); the counselor tried to convince me to do things like Bio II AP, traditional English and Government, and even Select Choir just to fit a schedule; needless to say, I quickly rejected all of those.
bearsfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 1:33:48 AM
it bores the H3LL out of me and throws my eating schedule off.
"I'd like to have more self esteem but I don't deserve it" - Woody Paige

"Some people have a way with words, others not have way" - Woody Paige

"Nostalgia isn't what it used to be" - Woody Paige

"My French teacher is muy caliente!" - Woody Paige

"It's not rocket surgery" - Woody Paige

"I'm schizophrenic and so am I!" - Woody Paige
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 2:00:55 AM
At 8/11/2009 12:11:48 PM, dogparktom wrote:
Do you guys enjoy school? If so, why? If not, why not?
I really only care about attending it because I need to do relatively well there to get into a relatively good college, which I need to do for other quite obvious reasons. Going to school does help me learn things, but not in the academic sense. I mean like, I do learn about integrals and maslow's pyramid and impulse = force x time and all those things, but I find that the most important things I learn are public relation skills. I'm inherently against not pointing out authoritative bullsh!t, but I've learned to shut up if I don't want infinite trouble; I'm against not telling someone they're wrong, but I've learned to shut up if I don't want to get beat up, etc. etc. etc. Though really, even though that's learning, that's not what people would call school (they'd call it schooling, but not school), and it's not enjoyable at all.

If there was a way to get into a relatively good college without going to school, I would take it. Instantly. School is not a preferable choice in any way whatsoever.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 9:59:17 AM
but I've learned to shut up if I don't want to get beat up
That's not a fun lesson to learn.
But I thought you were a fan of self-defense and confident about the possibilities with no state in the way?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:00:41 AM
Or were corrupted agents of the state watching for any self-defense efforts but not for the initiations?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:02:45 AM
http://www.debate.org...
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:14:19 AM
CGS2531 - Problem Solving Using Computer Software
MAC 2233 - Survey of Calculus 1
JPN 1130 - Beginning Japanese 1
REL 2317 - Religion in Asia

14 credit hours.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:20:47 AM
At 8/12/2009 9:59:17 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
But I thought you were a fan of self-defense and confident about the possibilities with no state in the way?

I am a fan of self-defense. It doesn't mean it'll be effective, though. I'm not talking about the state initiating force against me here, I'm talking about local gangs. You piss one of them off, you piss them all off, and the state won't be there to protect you. Just as with the state, it's more cost effective to just take the sh!t they deal to you.

Anyways, if I don't correct them and show them they're wrong and all that, they'll just be screwed in the long run. I'm a big fan of morality, revenge, and intrusive attack methods (nonviolent, of course). To be evil and to treat others horribly corrupts their unconscious - this is why the best way to help an abuser is not to submit to their abuse, but to stand your ground and take them head on. So, by doing what they want and what I don't want, it's actually an attack against them. Against their very soul, and they won't ever know it. It's the slave's mindset: holding the moral high ground against the master. If I could choose from everything, the slave mindset wouldn't be my first choice by a f*cking long shot, but hey, I don't have a choice, so I might as well go with it.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:35:04 AM
At 8/12/2009 10:20:47 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

I am a fan of self-defense. It doesn't mean it'll be effective, though. I'm not talking about the state initiating force against me here, I'm talking about local gangs. You piss one of them off, you piss them all off, and the state won't be there to protect you. Just as with the state, it's more cost effective to just take the sh!t they deal to you.
That goes against everything that's supposed to be true about gangs, who usually hate each other and are quite glad to see some other gang shown up-- or are you just talking about intra-gang?

What's the anarchist solution to gangs? Considering how criminal gangs, in essence, ARE miniature governments created to rival or replace other governments.

Anyways, if I don't correct them and show them they're wrong and all that, they'll just be screwed in the long run. I'm a big fan of morality, revenge, and intrusive attack methods (nonviolent, of course). To be evil and to treat others horribly corrupts their unconscious - this is why the best way to help an abuser is not to submit to their abuse, but to stand your ground and take them head on. So, by doing what they want and what I don't want, it's actually an attack against them.
That assumes what they want is a clean unconscious.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 1:19:01 PM
At 8/12/2009 10:35:04 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/12/2009 10:20:47 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

That goes against everything that's supposed to be true about gangs, who usually hate each other and are quite glad to see some other gang shown up-- or are you just talking about intra-gang?
I'm not in a gang, you see. And gangs are really weird around here, according to my psych teacher. I haven't lived anywhere other than the city I was raised in so I take his word for it, but he says that generally speaking, gangs don't screw around with their own territory - don't sh!t where you eat, so to speak. They generally only screw around with other gangs and graffiti up those people's territory. FOR SOME REASON, in the SF Bay area, or perhaps just the east bay, the gangs around here sh!t in their own territory. I don't know why. They screw around with what is traditionally their own people. I'm not kidding. That's what happens.

What's the anarchist solution to gangs? Considering how criminal gangs, in essence, ARE miniature governments created to rival or replace other governments.
Criminal gangs exist because there is profit to be made. How do you get rid of most gangs in an anarchist society? Well, you make crime not profitable...

Anyways, if I don't correct them and show them they're wrong and all that, they'll just be screwed in the long run. I'm a big fan of morality, revenge, and intrusive attack methods (nonviolent, of course). To be evil and to treat others horribly corrupts their unconscious - this is why the best way to help an abuser is not to submit to their abuse, but to stand your ground and take them head on. So, by doing what they want and what I don't want, it's actually an attack against them.
It's irrelevant if they want it; it's good for them. It's irrelevant if a smoker doesn't want to be healthy, being healthy is good for him/her. I don't really care if it's what they want, what I do leads them to self-destruction much faster.

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 1:45:00 PM
Our school body has a website where you can post your schedule and see who else is in your classes.

And it wasn't created by the gov't...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 3:29:21 PM

Criminal gangs exist because there is profit to be made. How do you get rid of most gangs in an anarchist society? Well, you make crime not profitable...
And you defeat an army by killing people in it. That doesn't mean telling someone to do that so much as hints at the actual means for doing so. A state makes crime not profitable by paying a professional force to catch who commit crimes and fine, imprisoning, shooting, or debilitatingly mutilating them. It traditionally funds this by means of taxes, I instead advocate a system in which people pay user fees for the service of making crimes toward them not profitable.
But I don't see how a DRO, which you say is a mediation organization, can mediate crime into being unprofitable.

It's irrelevant if they want it; it's good for them.
They don't want the good.

It's irrelevant if a smoker doesn't want to be healthy, being healthy is good for him/her. I don't really care if it's what they want, what I do leads them to self-destruction much faster.
Self-destruction by that quiet indeliberate means of gradual corruption til the mind was oblivion is often exactly what they sought-- suicide without having to identify it. This serves as a subconscious incentive for others seeking the same thing to see to pissing you off.

It is only by making them identify the destruction by making it in plain sight that you create a disincentive, since if they wanted plain sight destruction they would have it at any bridge.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 7:47:33 PM
At 8/12/2009 3:29:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
And you defeat an army by killing people in it. That doesn't mean telling someone to do that so much as hints at the actual means for doing so. A state makes crime not profitable by paying a professional force to catch who commit crimes and fine, imprisoning, shooting, or debilitatingly mutilating them. It traditionally funds this by means of taxes, I instead advocate a system in which people pay user fees for the service of making crimes toward them not profitable.
This is just going to end up in some mess fest with you accusing me of misusing the word "state" and saying that state includes an objectivist government and an objective government would not do this and would not do that and therefore my attacks on the state are not valid.... nope, I'm not going to answer this.

But I don't see how a DRO, which you say is a mediation organization, can mediate crime into being unprofitable.
Well, DROs don't only do the mediation, they take care of other things as well. I've sent you the link to the books, you can find out yourself how the system works anytime you'd like.

It's irrelevant if a smoker doesn't want to be healthy, being healthy is good for him/her. I don't really care if it's what they want, what I do leads them to self-destruction much faster.
Self-destruction by that quiet indeliberate means of gradual corruption til the mind was oblivion is often exactly what they sought-- suicide without having to identify it. This serves as a subconscious incentive for others seeking the same thing to see to pissing you off.
I'd like to make a request, R_R. Please start being more explicit with what you say. Because it gets kind of tiring to ask you to explain things in simple terms all the time. Again, it is irrelevant to me if they seek self-destruction or not. My aim is not to go against what they desire, my aim is to destroy them.

It is only by making them identify the destruction by making it in plain sight that you create a disincentive, since if they wanted plain sight destruction they would have it at any bridge.
So I was talking about this earlier right, about how I could show what they were doing was wrong? I said I don't do that, because that leads me to getting beat up. If I cared about them then it might be worth the price, but they're not related to me nor are they my friends, so I couldn't care less what happens to them; if they want to screw around with me, I'll screw around with them. Yes, if I make it clear to them that they're being self-destructive then they will see that they're wrong, but what happens then? Well, they attack the messenger. If that's what you do with gang people, cool, you're a braver and more courageous person than I am. More power to you. But I'm not and I don't particularly care about their welfare, so I'll screw them over by letting them do what they want.

Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 7:52:55 PM
At 8/12/2009 7:49:33 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol I love how a simple question about enjoying school turned into an Anarchist debate between R_R and Rezz.

He started it.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 8:20:41 PM

Well, DROs don't only do the mediation, they take care of other things as well.
You told me it didn't have a court for one thing.

I've sent you the link to the books, you can find out yourself how the system works anytime you'd like.
I already explained why I haven't looked through those :).

I'd like to make a request, R_R. Please start being more explicit with what you say. Because it gets kind of tiring to ask you to explain things in simple terms all the time. Again, it is irrelevant to me if they seek self-destruction or not. My aim is not to go against what they desire, my aim is to destroy them.
To destroy them so slowly that die old and toothless long before you start seeing results? :)

So I was talking about this earlier right, about how I could show what they were doing was wrong? I said I don't do that, because that leads me to getting beat up. If I cared about them then it might be worth the price, but they're not related to me nor are they my friends, so I couldn't care less what happens to them
I don't expect you to care in that manner.
If that's what you do with gang people, cool, you're a braver and more courageous person than I am.
I think you misinterpreted. If I can (I haven't encountered gangs, only isolated individuals of similar premises), I instill fear of me in them, and if that ever doesn't work, I'll seek to destroy them on an immediate physical level. I wasn't arguing against destroying hem, but against destroying them so slowly
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 8:41:52 PM
At 8/12/2009 8:20:41 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Well, DROs don't only do the mediation, they take care of other things as well.
You told me it didn't have a court for one thing.
Yeah, it wouldn't be appointed judge, jury trial, punishment by going to jail and all that.

I've sent you the link to the books, you can find out yourself how the system works anytime you'd like.
I already explained why I haven't looked through those :).
Then that's your perogative, but my answers are in there.

To destroy them so slowly that die old and toothless long before you start seeing results? :)
The aim itself, if I have not made it clear by now, is a complete ex post factos mindset. If I could somehow get to school without taking the public transit (walking is certainly possible, but not very reasonable), then I wouldn't deal with them at all. That whole mindset is just me trying to get some pleasure out of the unpleasurable ordeal.

Though really, I don't see any problem with having to wait that long to see results. Inherently, I mean. And like I said, I really don't care about them. You're just pushing me to the limits like this is some kind of debate on what's moral and what's not. It's not like I came up to you and said, "this is what you should do in this situation", no, it's just what I do.

Do you have a grudge against me or something? Because I'm not that big a fan of debate, really. I just debate every once in a while to keep my brain stimulated when it can't be stimulated by other things. I don't like having to hold my position, and I don't like being attacked by other people. I like discussions. Though discussions with you are more or less debates. So I tell you now.

So I was talking about this earlier right, about how I could show what they were doing was wrong? I said I don't do that, because that leads me to getting beat up. If I cared about them then it might be worth the price, but they're not related to me nor are they my friends, so I couldn't care less what happens to them
I don't expect you to care in that manner.
If that's what you do with gang people, cool, you're a braver and more courageous person than I am.
I think you misinterpreted. If I can (I haven't encountered gangs, only isolated individuals of similar premises), I instill fear of me in them, and if that ever doesn't work, I'll seek to destroy them on an immediate physical level. I wasn't arguing against destroying hem, but against destroying them so slowly
I'm an asian. I'm short. I'm not very buff. I have glasses. I have a backpack. They're tall. They're buff. They don't have glasses. They don't have backpacks. I'm not about to be able to instill fear in them, and I'm not about to be able to beat them up. If I could destroy them quickly, hell yeah, I'd do it. If I could get rid of their entire ganga at once, hell yeah, I'd do it. But I can't. So I do what I can. Or rather no, just to make it really clear because you have a tendency to not udnerstand me when I'm not completely consistent, I don't do anything. I just let them do whatever they want. I don't like them for sure, but I am physically incapable of doing what you are capable of doing. Wanna move over and help me out? :D

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 8:53:32 PM
At 8/12/2009 8:41:52 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
The aim itself, if I have not made it clear by now, is a complete ex post factos mindset. If I could somehow get to school without taking the public transit (walking is certainly possible, but not very reasonable), then I wouldn't deal with them at all. That whole mindset is just me trying to get some pleasure out of the unpleasurable ordeal.
The bullying takes place on public transit?
Isn't it possible to maneuver into a position where any assault would come to the attention of the bus driver?
Or are these the kind of gangs who scare those guys too?

Do you have a grudge against me or something? Because I'm not that big a fan of debate, really.
This is debate.org. Nothing personal. :)).

I'm an asian. I'm short. I'm not very buff. I have glasses. I have a backpack. They're tall. They're buff. They don't have glasses. They don't have backpacks. I'm not about to be able to instill fear in them, and I'm not about to be able to beat them up. If I could destroy them quickly, hell yeah, I'd do it. If I could get rid of their entire ganga at once, hell yeah, I'd do it. But I can't. So I do what I can. Or rather no, just to make it really clear because you have a tendency to not udnerstand me when I'm not completely consistent, I don't do anything. I just let them do whatever they want. I don't like them for sure, but I am physically incapable of doing what you are capable of doing. Wanna move over and help me out? :D
I have less transportation than you I'm afraid.

Like I said, I haven't dealt with gangs. If it was an isolated individual, I'd advise you to try to strengthen your arms, surprise them and hold their throat to a wall until their eyes indicate surrender, the average thug won't bother you anymore after that. But that'd just piss a gang off of course. If there are no other options, then that's that of course, sometimes one can't win and has to appease for a while, I just wanted establish that letting their moral corruption destroy them is not a useful way to deal with them, and that any other options that might be available to you would be a very good thing to look for. Sorry if I was coming across as more critical than I intended.

Buffness can be acquired, though it'll only help so much.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 8:53:59 PM
*To* establish.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 9:08:29 PM
At 8/12/2009 8:53:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Isn't it possible to maneuver into a position where any assault would come to the attention of the bus driver?
I dunno if they're that scary, but the bus drivers around here don't really do anything. They haven't ever kicked anyone off the bus - but then again, those people only start meddling around when the bus is really crowded so the bus driver can't see all the way to the back. Well, whatever.

STILL GOT NO SCHEDULE.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 9:14:41 PM
At 8/12/2009 9:08:29 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
I dunno if they're that scary, but the bus drivers around here don't really do anything. They haven't ever kicked anyone off the bus - but then again, those people only start meddling around when the bus is really crowded so the bus driver can't see all the way to the back.
What the hell are you doing in the back??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 9:31:20 PM
At 8/12/2009 9:14:41 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 8/12/2009 9:08:29 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
I dunno if they're that scary, but the bus drivers around here don't really do anything. They haven't ever kicked anyone off the bus - but then again, those people only start meddling around when the bus is really crowded so the bus driver can't see all the way to the back.
What the hell are you doing in the back??!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?
Union City is special, you see. All of our county and another county EXCEPT UNION CITY have their busses run by another company, and here in UC we (and by we I mean the city government) somehow got it passed to have our own pri- ahem, public transit system. The bus company that EVERYONE ELSE (other cities in our county) uses is not allowed to provide service in UC. The results: busses come every half hour to hour instead of every 15 minutes; busses are not increased in volume for different routes' traffic, every bus is the same size; not as many busses; etc. etc. etc. Oh, and our district stopped providing school busses recently too. So everyone who doesn't walk or bike or get rides takes the public transit. And UC has only one high school. Which has 4000 students in it. Its location is pretty bad too, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

There are only four busses that go to the west side of the city, two which go through the northwest and two which go through the southwest. Each bus has a carrying capacity of, oh I don't know, maybe 40-50. The bus company mentioned earlier that everyone else uses still has to pass through UC because on one side of UC it's hills and the other side is the SF Bay, and it passes through the NW portion of the city. Which means that people who live on the NW portion of UC really aren't limited to the two busses of the UC bus company monopoly.

I live in the southwest section of the city.

Sometimes, I have to go to the back.

Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 6:32:18 PM
Final Schedule for the Fall 2009 semester

1. Biology 189 - Fundamentals of Life Science

2. Psychology 201 - Lifespan and Human Development

3. Film 110 - The Language of Film

4. Philosophy 245 - Contemporary Moral Issues ( My just for fun class :] )
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2009 10:39:47 AM
0. N/A
1. Late Arrival / N/A
2. Advanced Concert Choir
3. Ecology
4. AP English Literature and Composition
5. Lunch
6. AP Economics (AP American Political Systems for second semester)
7. AP Statistics
8. N/A