Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Class rank

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 5:47:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Post your class rank here if you dare. 30th percentile bltches.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 8:41:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was in the specialized honours program so you needed to maintain B+ average or higher or they would automatically de-enroll you. I can imagine my rank is very low lol
yang.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 9:17:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 8:41:44 PM, tulle wrote:
I was in the specialized honours program so you needed to maintain B+ average or higher or they would automatically de-enroll you. I can imagine my rank is very low lol

Wow, that was at the HS level?
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2012 9:40:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 9:17:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/17/2012 8:41:44 PM, tulle wrote:
I was in the specialized honours program so you needed to maintain B+ average or higher or they would automatically de-enroll you. I can imagine my rank is very low lol

Wow, that was at the HS level?

University. They bell curve.
yang.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 7:50:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 9:40:37 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:17:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/17/2012 8:41:44 PM, tulle wrote:
I was in the specialized honours program so you needed to maintain B+ average or higher or they would automatically de-enroll you. I can imagine my rank is very low lol

Wow, that was at the HS level?

University. They bell curve.

Ah, ok. I hate bell curves.

Socialpinko was talking about HS rank :p
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:23:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 8:23:57 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I would post my class rank, but I feel that I would be laughed off the site.

Come on. I posted mine and I was in the bottom 30th percentile. No judgement here.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:24:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 8:23:57 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I would post my class rank, but I feel that I would be laughed off the site.

I doubt it. Most intelligent people I know on this site do not necessarily do excessively well in school. In fact, Mestari and thett are the only examples I can think of who did not fit this trend.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:29:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
7 out of 587. I'm not a big fan of class rank, though, since the weighting for classes isn't always properly representative of the difficulty of the class.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:44:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 9:29:06 AM, mongeese wrote:
7 out of 587. I'm not a big fan of class rank, though, since the weighting for classes isn't always properly representative of the difficulty of the class.

Difficulty is subjective.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:44:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 9:24:45 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 8:23:57 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I would post my class rank, but I feel that I would be laughed off the site.

I doubt it. Most intelligent people I know on this site do not necessarily do excessively well in school. In fact, Mestari and thett are the only examples I can think of who did not fit this trend.

Haha I'm going to PM you my GPA ;)
President of DDO
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 9:52:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Eh, I would bet good money that several CEO's/Senators/Reps/ect. out there didn't finish high.

But, I don't know anyways lol. Too early much?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 12:52:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Specifically 237 out of 342.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:22:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/17/2012 5:47:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Post your class rank here if you dare. 30th percentile bltches.

I'm 1st in my class of 1 :P Home schooled lol :P Valedictorian and class president. Good news is, no year books! :D
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 11:25:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 12:52:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Specifically 237 out of 342.

What happened? I know you're not great at math, but I know you can write a good philosophy argument. That should carry over into social sciences.

I'm a decent student, I don't remember it exactly but I was probably like 75th or 80th.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 12:03:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 7:50:52 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:40:37 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/17/2012 9:17:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/17/2012 8:41:44 PM, tulle wrote:
I was in the specialized honours program so you needed to maintain B+ average or higher or they would automatically de-enroll you. I can imagine my rank is very low lol

Wow, that was at the HS level?

University. They bell curve.

Ah, ok. I hate bell curves.

Socialpinko was talking about HS rank :p

Oh my bad. We didn't have a high school rank. We had an honour roll but like someone mentioned, they don't take "difficulty" or standard deviation of each course into account, just your average.

Yeah, bell curves suck. I've only had one class that I know of where they had to do that though.
yang.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 12:14:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 9:23:10 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/18/2012 8:23:57 AM, Zaradi wrote:
I would post my class rank, but I feel that I would be laughed off the site.

Come on. I posted mine and I was in the bottom 30th percentile. No judgement here.

Well let's just put it this way.

I'd probably have a vastly higher GPA if I dropped out of my weighted honors courses and enrolled in regular classes.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 12:56:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 11:25:21 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:52:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Specifically 237 out of 342.

What happened? I know you're not great at math, but I know you can write a good philosophy argument. That should carry over into social sciences.

I'm a decent student, I don't remember it exactly but I was probably like 75th or 80th.

Philosophical argument, or better yet actual thinking doesn't get one far in HS. HS is of the type that you do well if you can sit at your desk and read only the provided material and answer in the way the teachers want you to......and nothing else. Don't disagree with your teachers on anything and you'll do fine. You can imagine how US History, Government, Law, and Economics went for me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 1:02:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 12:56:55 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/18/2012 11:25:21 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 5/18/2012 12:52:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Specifically 237 out of 342.

What happened? I know you're not great at math, but I know you can write a good philosophy argument. That should carry over into social sciences.

I'm a decent student, I don't remember it exactly but I was probably like 75th or 80th.

Philosophical argument, or better yet actual thinking doesn't get one far in HS. HS is of the type that you do well if you can sit at your desk and read only the provided material and answer in the way the teachers want you to......and nothing else. Don't disagree with your teachers on anything and you'll do fine. You can imagine how US History, Government, Law, and Economics went for me.

I suspect I may have had a similar experience since I was a conservative in HS. Looking back, it's a life lesson. No one wins when you turn a teacher or a boss into a political adversary. It took me a while to learn this, but now my papers seriously take into consideration who the grader is.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 2:07:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 1:02:20 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

I suspect I may have had a similar experience since I was a conservative in HS. Looking back, it's a life lesson. No one wins when you turn a teacher or a boss into a political adversary. It took me a while to learn this, but now my papers seriously take into consideration who the grader is.

THIS THIS THIS.

In one of my classes this past year, we were discussing Hitler for some reason and a student brought up the argument that Hitler could be considered a good leader. Our prof was Jewish. He failed his presentation. Coincidence?
yang.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 8:51:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 3:01:27 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I graduated 2 years early.

I only got to graduate a year early, showoff.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:44:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have no idea what my class rank was (that was 7 years ago) but it wasn't very high. I didn't go out of my way to take special classes and I sure as hell didn't put ANY effort into High School whatsoever. My school was reminiscent of the school from Sister Act 2, except instead of being filled with ghetto kids, it was filled with rich (stupid) mafia kids. Nobody cared about academics. Everyone cheated. The teachers didn't care - plus it was a private school so they got away with a lot of things. Mostly the students didn't give a fvck so they didn't either. I always felt that I was infinitely smarter than everyone around me and never paid attention but instead just read on my own. I would guess that my rank was around 30 in a class of 240. However, I would put money on the fact that I was smarter than every single person in my graduating class. Now a lot of them are rich because they own their own businesses and whatnot thanks to start-up capital from mommy and daddy. My whole experience just reiterated to me how dumb and useless the entire charade of the education system is.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 7:46:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh and I only went to school about once a week during my senior year of HS. I'm sure there are laws against this kind of thing, but again you tend to get away with a lot when you go to private school. I know they had their own rules but there were ways around them, trust me.
President of DDO