Jump to topic:

Sex Education..

haley.debate20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:50:20 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I was thinking of doing my oratory on teen pregnancy. What is your opinion on sex education being taught in a younger grade? Do you think this would affect the rate of teen pregnancies??
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:59:36 AM
At 8/14/2009 8:50:20 AM, haley.debate20 wrote:
I was thinking of doing my oratory on teen pregnancy. What is your opinion on sex education being taught in a younger grade? Do you think this would affect the rate of teen pregnancies??

I have a terrible idea that children should be exposed to the ugly consequences of breaking the rules. If we just hammer in "Don't have sex until you're married," they have no idea of the /real/ consequences. If they had to spend a few days with a teen mother living in a filthy trailer struggling for food and unable to find a babysitter so she can work or attend school, that harsh image might stick in the minds of a few when they start feeling ... urges ... and they might at least consider a contraceptive and realize having a baby isn't fun and games.

But, then, I don't have kids and I'm just an evil sick perverted rat.
haley.debate20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 9:06:27 AM
At 8/14/2009 8:59:36 AM, PervRat wrote:

I have a terrible idea that children should be exposed to the ugly consequences of breaking the rules. If we just hammer in "Don't have sex until you're married," they have no idea of the /real/ consequences. If they had to spend a few days with a teen mother living in a filthy trailer struggling for food and unable to find a babysitter so she can work or attend school, that harsh image might stick in the minds of a few when they start feeling ... urges ... and they might at least consider a contraceptive and realize having a baby isn't fun and games.

But, then, I don't have kids and I'm just an evil sick perverted rat.

Thank you for leaving your opinion. I agree that just saying you shouldn't have sex until marriage is bad. EVERY kid knows that, but it doesn't mean they can't. If they were to know what could happen, how much money it would cost, etc then they would probably be too worried to do it. My best friends little brother kept saying how much he was going to enjoy sex and have it on his birthday (he's 12). So I told him if he stuck it in a girl she would get pregnant, and then his 'thing' would fall off. :) I know it probably wasn't a good idea but then his parents sat him down and explained it all.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 9:39:09 AM
I was thinking of doing my oratory on teen pregnancy.
I wouldn't want to sit around listening to teen pregancy for ten minutes.
What is your opinion on sex education being taught in a younger grade?
It's probably fine, as long as they don't push it down to when not everyone has hit puberty yet.
Do you think this would affect the rate of teen pregnancies??
No, not really.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
haley.debate20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 10:19:20 AM
At 8/14/2009 9:39:09 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
I was thinking of doing my oratory on teen pregnancy.
I wouldn't want to sit around listening to teen pregancy for ten minutes.
What is your opinion on sex education being taught in a younger grade?
It's probably fine, as long as they don't push it down to when not everyone has hit puberty yet.
Do you think this would affect the rate of teen pregnancies??
No, not really.

I'm not talking about just lecturing an adult about teen pregnancy... It's just going to use teen pregnancy as part.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 10:21:05 AM
Teach it when they're 13. Puberty starts then. It should be scare tactics. Also, they shouldn't tax contraception.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.