Jump to topic:

Christianity understood.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 7:25:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
For those who want to learn about Christianity and know why those who are Christians are Christians, I will explain what Jesus means, why he is so important and why Jesus is our only hope.

Jesus, whose real name was Yeshua, like Joshua but with instead of the 'Jo' there is a 'Ye'.

Jesus, Jesus. Some people hold back that name. Why? I believe the reason could be because people only know the name Jesus by a word of blastphermy, and when one says it against that, un-believers will look at you and think, "Why did he say that? Is he some Jesus freak?" Since there iws nothing wrong, the person says the name Jesus in delight.

However, why do not people engage in the death of Jesus? What is so offputting? Is it the possibility that one needs to go through a gate thet shows them to be wrong about all who they are, from all their previous thought and actions are incorrect, wrong and against the most high, to confront their own faults and to accept that what all they have done has been against the very God that has given them the breath of life. Allowed them to sin, and yet continue to life, to accept that, I admit seems very difficult, it is harder to admit than the largest of all lies.

I will continue this, I am not finished yet, please though reply.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 8:22:07 PM
Let me put forward this radical perspective that may or may not offend some people.

We don't need God. We don't even need the notion of God, even though it has its interesting affects upon the human mind.

Ah, the human mind. Now there is something to admire. How can you not be so consumed and awestruck by something so complex? Our mind builds up our emotions, directs our actions, and then asks the question; why did I just do that? Our ability to rationalize ourselves not only from our own perspective, but what we believe other perspectives are - it just astounds me. How can such an aggressive, territorial species work together co-operatively to improve the lives of people we don't even know? How can we rationalize our horrible, disgusting actions towards others as beneficial? I don't know, but man, is it ever an interesting and wonderous process.

The human mind is all we need. We don't need a God to excuse or explain our actions to. We have ourselves, and we have others, to hold us accountable, and is that not the real freedom? Not this pseudo-free will of "obey or go to hell"? When you have the ability to impact your world positively or negatively, does that not make you feel free?

I don't know about any of you, but when I know that my actions are my own, not the predestined actions of some all-powerful, all-intrusive God, and that I can hold myself accountable to whoever I want, instead of not having the choice, I feel a lot better about the world. I feel more open to allowing my actions to affect the world, instead of hiding my actions behind a 2000-year old Israeli legend. I feel more inclined to help, not condemn, others. I feel better about my ability to do good, to the point where I want to do good, instead of feeling compelled to by someone I can't even see, hear or talk to.

Such is the power of the human mind. I would take that over God any day.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 9:01:40 PM
If he feels like he is educating us, and he might be (hopefully) then there is nothing wrong with putting it under education.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
giantrobot11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2009 10:32:08 PM
At 8/22/2009 9:01:40 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
If he feels like he is educating us, and he might be (hopefully) then there is nothing wrong with putting it under education.

In that case, almost every thread belongs in this topic.

It belongs in the Religion thread, period.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2009 11:56:59 AM
: At 8/22/2009 10:32:08 PM, giantrobot11 wrote:

Christianity involes religion, but the fact that Jesus came to earth and died for our sins, that is not religous.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2009 12:19:11 PM
At 8/23/2009 11:56:59 AM, GodSands wrote:

Christianity involes religion, but the fact that Jesus came to earth and died for our sins, that is not religous.

That defines Christianity.....*facepalm.jpg*
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2009 12:20:37 PM
At 8/23/2009 12:19:11 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 8/23/2009 11:56:59 AM, GodSands wrote:

That defines Christianity.....*facepalm.jpg*

http://www.reactionface.com...