Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Wow... this forum is empty.

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:58:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nobody cares about today's "education" anyway. Lol.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:01:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Meh. We just wait for people to say that everybody should go to college and then devour them.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:41:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 12:01:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Meh. We just wait for people to say that everybody should go to college and then devour them.

We devour their brains first. That way we can possess their knowledge! One day we will break into the University of Chicago and eat all of their brains; then we will know everything and we will become GODZ!!!!!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:46:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everyone should go to college.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Websterremembered
Posts: 95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 11:53:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 11:46:24 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Everyone should go to college.

1) not everyone fits the collage mode
2) should society pay for individuals who are incapable of doing the work?
3) show me evidence that collage is the best for most individuals, if only for the sake of argument.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 1:20:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is a very good reason this forum is empty - one can raise good ideas and get barely a single response.

I've raised ideas about changing marking schemes, introducing different test designing schemes, questioning what the curriculum should be focusing on etc. I haven't got many responses, and indeed it was very hard to get a debater to take me up on such ideas (although I did get a fantastic debate) .

If you start contributing to this forum then more people will come and something will be here.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 7:02:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 11:53:21 AM, Websterremembered wrote:

3) show me evidence that collage is the best for most individuals, if only for the sake of argument.

Most people like butterflies, so they should like this collage: http://images.wikia.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 7:17:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 11:53:21 AM, Websterremembered wrote:

3) show me evidence that collage is the best for most individuals, if only for the sake of argument.

http://www.regent.edu...

Check. and mate.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 10:33:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 11:53:21 AM, Websterremembered wrote:
At 7/4/2012 11:46:24 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Everyone should go to college.

1) not everyone fits the collage mode
2) should society pay for individuals who are incapable of doing the work?
3) show me evidence that collage is the best for most individuals, if only for the sake of argument.

Guess you don't fit the college mode either :)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 10:39:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/4/2012 11:46:24 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Everyone should go to college.

May you live long and prosper.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 11:35:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Getting a university degree is less about learning applicable knowledge and more signalling to potential employers that you are intelligent enough to be trained to do the job they want you for. Also, booze and sex.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 11:40:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/11/2012 11:35:40 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Getting a university degree is less about learning applicable knowledge and more signalling to potential employers that you are intelligent enough to be trained to do the job they want you for. Also, booze and sex.

Building networks while in school also goes a long way to finding a job afterwards. Often in life it's more about who you know, than what you know.
Debate.org Moderator
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 11:19:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/11/2012 11:40:33 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/11/2012 11:35:40 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Getting a university degree is less about learning applicable knowledge and more signalling to potential employers that you are intelligent enough to be trained to do the job they want you for. Also, booze and sex.

Building networks while in school also goes a long way to finding a job afterwards. Often in life it's more about who you know, than what you know.

I often have to lament the fact that associations sometimes play a greater role than knowledge, but then again WHAT type of intelligence required to build networks and associations is beyond me.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau