Funds following the kids

yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 2:57:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/18/2012 2:53:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
No chance, we live in a country where equal outcomes are valued over equal opportunity.

But don't you think it would be good for the people to be able to decide. Frankly the schools would have to step up their game or go out of business.
Me
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 2:58:57 PM
At 7/18/2012 2:57:28 PM, yoda878 wrote:
No chance, we live in a country where equal outcomes are valued over equal opportunity.

But don't you think it would be good for the people to be able to decide. Frankly the schools would have to step up their game or go out of business.

I am just explaining the real reason voucher style programs are unpopular in public opinion.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:05:10 PM
At 7/18/2012 2:58:57 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/18/2012 2:57:28 PM, yoda878 wrote:

I am just explaining the real reason voucher style programs are unpopular in public opinion.

well we should change public opinion, this is my #1 reason to vote for Romney. So i'm thinking it cant be that unpopular. I like the school that my kids are at but many many need to step it up. I used to substitute forth and fifth grade, I would read the test to at least 3 students in a class of 25. This is not right, its easier to just read for the kids then teach the slower ones better.... Really. I'm not talking about retardation I'm talking slow way capable to learn. 4th and 5th grade!!!
Me
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:19:09 PM
The voucher system is amazing. Too bad many people think that it promotes "racial segregation," even though that nonsense has been debunked a million times.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:32:20 PM
I don't know much about the education system in America, but in Canada, I feel like it is too much like a business. Education should focus on the individual, not the masses.

The best analogy I can come up with is web application software implementation. Tasks and procedures can either be done on the server-side (education system) or client-side (students). Currently, students are being forced to conform to a grade system (K-12) and subsequently, a set curriculum timeline. The system's priority is to make things easier for and benefit the server rather than the client. Whether intentional or not, this is has been the global norm and needs to be changed.

This is one of the major causes in educational stagnation.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 4:25:11 PM
At 7/18/2012 3:32:20 PM, caveat wrote:
I don't know much about the education system in America, but in Canada, I feel like it is too much like a business. Education should focus on the individual, not the masses.

The best analogy I can come up with is web application software implementation. Tasks and procedures can either be done on the server-side (education system) or client-side (students). Currently, students are being forced to conform to a grade system (K-12) and subsequently, a set curriculum timeline. The system's priority is to make things easier for and benefit the server rather than the client. Whether intentional or not, this is has been the global norm and needs to be changed.

This is one of the major causes in educational stagnation.

To me thats kind of the point, if they don't teach your kid well you can change schools and take your childs funding with you. If you feel they are not teaching your kid you find someone that can... This giving incentive's to the education of that child.... not the masses as it is now.
Me