1. Art - dumb subject
2. French - dumb teacher
3. English - dumb teacher & dumb subject

Best
1. C++ - great subject
2. Biology - great subject
3. APUSH - great teacher
4. Chemistry - great subject
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:23:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 12:08:12 AM, 000ike wrote:
These are mine

Stupidest
1. Art - dumb subject
2. French - dumb teacher

Best
1. C++ - great subject
3. APUSH - great teacher

Stupidest

1. English - her rating system made half the class get a B or worse (all advanced students)
2. Math - 5th and 6th grade, not really good teachers to say it nicely.
3. F.C. - Didn't do any remarkable thing for me, besides the quote to be "proactive" and to have "synergy".

Best

1. MYIG - Not really a class, but a school sponsored activity. Basically state gov't ran by high school students. If it was a class, best by far.
2. 8th grade algebra - teacher was great, helped me jump ahead in math and become good in it again.
3. Advanced Biology B - awesome teacher, I learned a lot.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 12:30:35 AM
Best:
Biology - great subject/teacher
Chemistry -same
Physics - same

Worst:
Everything else. Massive waste of time.
Sapere Aude!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 8:31:58 AM
I will update this list after junior year.

Stupidest.
1. Any technological class so far.
2. Chemistry class-Poor teacher
3. Advanced Algebra class-with the same teacher who usually spent some time dallying with occasional gossip or basketball practice.;)

Best
1. Biology-Wonderful teacher.
2. Honors English. Quite a wonderful time reading, analyzing, writing dissertation, papers, etc, and especially being conducted to a nice little ambience.
3. Freshman English class-Not as sophisticated as my Honors English class but I am fond of it--the conversations, discussions on a few literary works, the class-readings, and especially an open forum there.:-)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 10:29:06 PM
Most Stupid
1. Epistemology
2. AP Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
3. Sexual Education (1st period ruined my day with pictures of gonorrhea)

Best
1. AP Calculus BC
2. Jazz Band
3. AP Chemistry
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 10:49:50 PM
These are mine

Stupidest
1. Art - dumb subject
2. French - dumb teacher

Best
1. C++ - great subject
3. APUSH - great teacher

Stupidest

1) Precalculus - Terrible professor who constantly called everyone and everything else stupid, along with whining about how horrible airlines are now, but couldn't teach to save his life. Also, the textbook was pure garbage.

2) English - Throughout grade school and college english was, and is, usually terrible, they always want(ed) you to write from personal experience, when my writing comes out much better if it's about something abstract and generally unrelated to me. I've had one (maybe two) exception(s) in college, where our professor had us actually analyze literature and even blog about it. My only A in an English course that I remember. Plus, it seems that they never stressed grammar enough, if at all.

3) Speech Communications - I don't like speaking to more than one person at once, especially people I don't know or like. Also, the require reading was a totally corny book called "respect."

Best

1) A&P/Human Genetics - Actually two (three if you consider A&P was split into two) classes, but though my interest in biology has faded a bit, I had one of the best professors I've ever had for both A&Ps and the Genetics class.

2) The Science of Music - Basically physics without much math, applied to music. And another awesome science professor.

3) Intro Philosophy - My professor was kind of the lovable, absent-minded professor that someone who actually cares about philosophy hopes for.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 11:08:46 PM
At 7/26/2012 10:49:50 PM, mark.marrocco wrote:
2) The Science of Music - Basically physics without much math, applied to music. And another awesome science professor.

This is a class?!?! /jealous
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 11:43:01 PM
At 7/26/2012 11:08:46 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 7/26/2012 10:49:50 PM, mark.marrocco wrote:

This is a class?!?! /jealous

This. I've always wanted to learn why and how people are attached to certain forms of music. You'd think there'd be information online, but,..nothing.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
carpediem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 9:28:40 AM
At 7/26/2012 10:29:06 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Most Stupid
1. Epistemology
2. AP Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
3. Sexual Education (1st period ruined my day with pictures of gonorrhea)

Best
1. AP Calculus BC
2. Jazz Band
3. AP Chemistry

U.S. History to 1900 MOST IDIOTIC WASTE OF TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
"I would die at the stake rather than change a semi-colon!"
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 6:11:17 PM
They didn't have stupid or dumb classes when I went to school.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 6:20:34 PM
Stupid

Physics - Normally, I'd like the subject, but the teacher is horrible.
Arts - Horrible, horrible subject. On top of that, a horrible teacher.

Best

Biology - Great teacher and interesting subject.
Maths - Same as biology.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:53:13 AM
Best - Every English or writing course I've ever taken.

Stupidest - Every math course I've ever taken.

All of that is heavily biased based on my proficiency in said subjects.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:55:01 AM
"Stupid"
3rd Grade Math - Terrible, terrible teacher. I was actually homeschooled after 3rd grade because of how bad it was, i learned nothing new and she confused the heck out of me on what i already knew.

High School Art - Not so much learning about art, more "draw this perfectly". "Perfectly" meaning "exactly as it looks". That's not how art works. That's how Xerox copies work. So i hated what could otherwise have been a great subject.

Best
College Math 1 - I was scared of this class because after 3rd Grade i had stopped liking math and thought for sure i would fail this. But the teacher was great, i left that class confident about math.

Biological Anthropology - Not so much because of the teacher being anything amazing (she wasn't), but i was really interested in it so i enjoyed being there.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 10:21:07 AM
College:

Best: Constitutional Law (undergraduate level), International Relations themed classes, and Political theory courses, Symbolic Logic and Inductive Reasoning

Worst: Contemporary Moral Philosophy, Public Administration, German, Calculus

High School:

Best: Government, Economics (macro, micro), Biology, History (US, Euro), German

Worst: Psychology, World Literature, Calculus (all courses in sum), Spanish
Tsar of DDO
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 3:54:47 PM
Best:
Biology (my teacher was awesome and absolutely hilarious, also the best subject)
English (again, awesome teacher that would occasionally play his guitar and waste class time, hehe)
Advanced Anatomy (learning about the human body is awesome)
AP Government (easy subject)
AP US History (easy subject)

Worst

Spanish (my teacher barely spoke English, and she was psycho. She believes she was at one point abducted by aliens)
Trig/Advance Algebra (retarded teacher...classwork was dull and useless)
turn down for h'what
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 10:52:08 PM
These are mine

Stupidest
1. Art - dumb subject
2. French - dumb teacher

Best
1. C++ - great subject
3. APUSH - great teacher

Dumbest:

basically every english class I've taken.

geography: dumb dumb class.

Best:

Math: Love it!
Science: love it love it love it! especially chemistry.
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2012 5:35:57 AM
Stupidest:
-African American Women Studies - ironically racist, stupid, and pointless
-Communications- Pointless, Teacher was hot though

Best:
-Macroeconomics- I loved my professor
-Political Science- It was very interesting
-Philosophy- Also very interesting
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2012 12:33:06 PM
Worst: Shaping A Life

It was a requirement for this special women's college program I was in. It was completely pointless because I didn't retain anything. We read essays about various ordinary women and their lives, and then talked about whatever potential struggle they faced. I guess the point of the class was to highlight the plight of women in particular situations. Who knows.

Best: Memoirs and Autobiography

My CLASSMATES made this a great course. There were a group of 14 of us. We read one memoir per week, and met for 3 hours on Wednesday afternoons to talk about the books. This class had a fantastic dynamic. Everyone was really nice, funny and outgoing. We got along really well and always laughed a lot as well as had amazing, in-depth conversations. We sat in a circle and talked as if it were a book club. Because the topics were so interesting and most of the books were good, we ENJOYED going to class and reading/ talking/ learning about topics we didn't previously know about or haven't explored. One week when my professor had to cancel class, we were so disappointed that we all agreed to meet up anyway, and we held class as normal without the professor. I think when you can foster that type of learning environment, it can do great things and really make education special.

Best: Culture and Politics

Despite having an interest in these things, this was hands down one of the most difficult classes I have ever taken. I think I wound up with a C actually. I thought it was going to be easy for me since it was right up my alley, but nope. The professor was incredibly smart and TOUGH. The readings for this class were very difficult. I had to read most of them several times to retain anything. Even then it was kinda hard. The essay topics were extremely challenging. Class was humorous but dry at the same time. My teacher was down to earth but at the same time a no nonsense type of guy. It was an interesting dichotomy. He was approachable, but a tough grader. He pushed all of us. The content of the course wasn't what I expected. We explored in depth analysis of interesting parts of the world (eg. the Balkans) to see what exactly is going on there and why... What wars were fought, the history of the region, the political landscape, the economic turmoil, social culture, market culture, what everyone ELSE in the world thinks of them, how they interact, each region's place in the world in terms of both domestic and international perspectives... ahh! My head is spinning just thinking about it. Like I said, the professor just made this class very hard and far more thorough and intense than you'd think. However, the fact that I learned so much, and really had to PUSH myself and think SO incredibly hard and felt so challenged really made this class a great experience.

So there's 2 ends of the spectrum in terms of "best" classes.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:37:49 AM
Worst:

Irish - Dead language, no-one speaks it, doesn't have a sentence structure similar to English, pointless, horrible curriculum, etc.

English - As much as I would have the capacity to like this subject, I had the same horrible teacher for 4 years.

Best:

Maths - Sexy subject, 'nuff said

History - The greatest story ever, with one of the best teachers ever as well. A kept me fascinated and opened up my ability to argue and criticize.

Economics - An interesting subject that is also deceptively easy and straightforward. Loved it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:25:59 PM
Stupid:
1. STEM, 9th Grade: Oh. My. Effing. Gawd. THIS CLASS WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! Basically it was, "Do a powerpoint which I'll grade something ridiculously well, and in your free time do Minecraft." UTTER WASTE OF TIME WITH A STUPID, STUPID TEACHER.
2. Religion, 7th & 8th grades: Waste of a credit talking all about how to be a good Catholic. Didn't do much, and was taught simply wrong stuff. (Arabs helped fell the Roman empire, etc.)
3. Phonics, 1st and 2nd grades: I remember hating the tar out of phonics. It was SOOO boring, and I could have been doing something constructive. Like drawing.
4. Computer Discovery, 8th Grade: Massive waste of time with a lazy bore of a teacher.

Great:
1. English, 7th Grade: Excellent teacher who would sometimes go off on tangents that had to do with Mythology. I loved her class.
2. French I, 9th Grade: Excellent teacher, and I learned a lot. It is now my goal in life to parlez le francais.
3. Biology I, 9th Grade: Same resons as French: Great teacher, learned a lot.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:51:01 PM
These are all college courses by the way.

Best

Micro/Macro Economics - My professor was really good. TO make things better, he was a liberal and I was a neocon at the time. We had some fun arguments and I learned a lot.

Introduction to Philosophy - The only philosophy class I had taken. I loved it. We mainly learned about some of the more famous philosophers and philosophies. A lot of fun and it piqued my interest in philosophy.

Cost Accounting - Great teacher for a pretty hard class. I had a great group for the big group project. While most would disagree, I found it fun. Much more fun than financial accounting anyway.

Legal, Social, and Ethical Environment of Business - Really a business law class. Teacher was awesome. A lot of discussion took place regarding questionable and controversial legal cases and procedures. The lesson on Eminent Domain, especially when she talked about the Kelo decision, made me a libertarian.

Worst

Investments - Worst teacher I have ever seen. He barely spoke English and was just all around terrible. He would give out review quizes online and some of them would not have the right answers. I didn't learn a damn thing.

Art Appreciation

I had a good teacher, but it had nothing to do with my major, so it felt like wasted money. And before someone asks, I had to take it.

Introduction to Business Management

Bad teacher who taught a course about common sense business techniques. A waste of time.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 11:21:15 PM
Stupidest: Outdoor adventure.

Got an athletic credit for cooking and eating food, watching movies, and doing nothing.

Band:

It was just...awful

Best:

AP Psychology, AP World History, and Debate
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle