Jump to topic:

Coursera

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:13:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A lot of top-notch schools are offering free online classes through this website. Completion of the courses do not grant college credit, but you do obtain signed certification from the teachers that could potentially be useful for employers. You can also take courses for your own gratification.

I have signed up for a Model Thinking course (September), a Neurobiology course (March, I think) and an Astrobiology course (January).
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:21:08 AM
At 8/13/2012 6:13:19 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
A lot of top-notch schools are offering free online classes through this website. Completion of the courses do not grant college credit, but you do obtain signed certification from the teachers that could potentially be useful for employers. You can also take courses for your own gratification.

I have signed up for a Model Thinking course (September), a Neurobiology course (March, I think) and an Astrobiology course (January).

Give me some links, hoe.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:22:08 AM
At 8/13/2012 6:21:08 AM, MrBrooks wrote:

Give me some links, hoe.
http://lmgtfy.com...
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:24:25 AM
At 8/13/2012 6:22:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/13/2012 6:21:08 AM, MrBrooks wrote:

Give me some links, hoe.
http://lmgtfy.com...

Lol, I thought Coursera was just something you pulled out of that hole in your body that ejects unmentionable things that we aren't allowed to talk about on DDO.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:42:55 AM

I have listened to courses on mit ocw and nptel, but this one looks better.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:52:25 AM
That's cool. This looks interesting: https://www.coursera.org...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:15:13 PM
At 8/13/2012 10:52:25 AM, 16kadams wrote:
That's cool. This looks interesting: https://www.coursera.org...

I would just take AP Statistics at your high school and do something interesting that it doesn't offer.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:25:48 PM
That is pretty damn cool. Thanks.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:39:32 PM
They have an amazing variety of courses. I signed up for the evolution course, statistics, philosophy, and basic computer programming. This ought to be fun.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 11:35:42 AM

Registered for Cryptography (Aug), Astronomy (Nov) and Genetics and Evoulution (TBA - probably March / April).

At the back of mind, I always wanted to do some course on these subjects. Thanks for the link.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.