Jump to topic:

National Honors Society

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 5:29:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How helpful is it really? Please be honest. I don't have the leadership requirement so I'm not applying this year. I might next year, but that's completely dependent on whether or not its a good investment of time.

Beyond just "looking good" on an application, if I don't have it, will it harm me or make me less competitive when applying to top tier colleges? What if (hypothetically) I manage to get an SAT score above 2250, and have a GPA at 3.9 and a few clubs, would that be fine if I'm trying to get into a really good school?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 5:33:33 PM
At 10/2/2012 5:29:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
How helpful is it really? Please be honest. I don't have the leadership requirement so I'm not applying this year. I might next year, but that's completely dependent on whether or not its a good investment of time.

Beyond just "looking good" on an application, if I don't have it, will it harm me or make me less competitive when applying to top tier colleges? What if (hypothetically) I manage to get an SAT score above 2250, and have a GPA at 3.9 and a few clubs, would that be fine if I'm trying to get into a really good school?

Might look good for college applications. Other than that its really pointless.

Also, in terms of the "leadership requirement" just bullsh1t something. Its a long @ss application, so they're unlikely to "disqualify" you as long as you complete it with reasonable responses.

The real world is less tolerant, but you don't live in the real world.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:14:17 PM
Depends how competitive the schools you're looking at are. But I'm sure graduating with cumulative and academic honors as well as a high SAT score are more than enough.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler