Jump to topic:

Florida passes racial based academic goals

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 5:32:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"'I'm somewhere between complete and utter disgust and anger and disappointment with humanity,' Robinson told the Post. She said she has been receiving complaints from upset black and Hispanic parents since the state board took its action this week.

Robinson called the state board"s actions essentially 'proclaiming racism' and said she wants Palm Beach County to continue to educate every child with the same expectations, regardless of race."

When you run a government on collectivism, breaking people into groups is inevitable. However, this quote just serves as a reminder of how people can still not wrap their heads around the fact that certain races tend to have different average intelligence levels.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 8:27:11 PM
At 10/13/2012 5:32:19 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
"'I'm somewhere between complete and utter disgust and anger and disappointment with humanity,' Robinson told the Post. She said she has been receiving complaints from upset black and Hispanic parents since the state board took its action this week.

Robinson called the state board"s actions essentially 'proclaiming racism' and said she wants Palm Beach County to continue to educate every child with the same expectations, regardless of race."

When you run a government on collectivism, breaking people into groups is inevitable. However, this quote just serves as a reminder of how people can still not wrap their heads around the fact that certain races tend to have different average intelligence levels.

Isn't Florida a Republican state?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 8:36:41 PM
At 10/13/2012 8:27:11 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yes and I've been disqualified from job opportunities here based on my age and race. I'm conservative with liberal social views but the people here are just ridiculously ignorant. When i mean 'ridiculously', I mean... many can't even develop their thoughts, the just say and do things that are stupid and baseless.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:15:13 AM
At 10/13/2012 3:29:00 AM, innomen wrote:

From the article...

As an example, the percentage of white students scoring at or above grade level (as measured by whether they scored a 3 or higher on the reading FCAT) was 69 percent in 2011-2012, according to the state. For black students, it was 38 percent, and for Hispanics, it was 53 percent.

Assuming that the statistics are correct, then racial disparity already exists. Having different targets for different groups is realistic. Having a flat target for all groups under an impractical ideal amounts to ignoring genuine problems.

The more crucial question should be, are they prepared to achieve the targets.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:24:12 AM

No, it's a swing state, and Republicans run on collectivism just as the democracts do
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:34:39 PM
At 10/14/2012 11:24:12 AM, thett3 wrote:

No, it's a swing state, and Republicans run on collectivism just as the democracts do

Republican collectivism differs from Democratic collectivism.

This law is not a product of egalitarian collectivism.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 1:15:03 PM
At 10/14/2012 12:35:21 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, I apologize for calling Florida a Republican state. I did not realize that it was a swing state.

Neither did I and I live here. But it's difficult to tell without google.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 1:23:18 PM
At 10/14/2012 1:15:03 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:35:21 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, I apologize for calling Florida a Republican state. I did not realize that it was a swing state.

Neither did I and I live here. But it's difficult to tell without google.

True because some districts are more republican while others might be more democrat. While NH is a swing state, the area that I was living in seemed predominately republican based on the number of Mitt Romney signs I saw. It was a more rural area and rural areas are more republican while more urbanized areas and cities tend to be democrats.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 5:11:26 PM
At 10/14/2012 12:34:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

It isn't? Welfare, social security, medicare/caid, progressive taxation, PUBLIC SCHOOLS ect. those aren't egalitarian collectivism? They most assuredly are collectivist, and egalitarian. Republican collectivism just advocates a hyped up form of nationalism, all men of "our" nationality are equal. Of course not everything in the US is collectivist, but there's really little practical difference between Republicans and democrats, no matter how much you hate the GOP
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 5:17:43 PM
At 10/15/2012 5:11:26 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 12:34:39 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

It isn't? Welfare, social security, medicare/caid, progressive taxation, PUBLIC SCHOOLS ect. those aren't egalitarian collectivism? They most assuredly are collectivist, and egalitarian. Republican collectivism just advocates a hyped up form of nationalism, all men of "our" nationality are equal. Of course not everything in the US is collectivist, but there's really little practical difference between Republicans and democrats, no matter how much you hate the GOP

Whoops, I read that as "the law", not "this law"
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett