Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

If I can help you with LawSchool questions...

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 7:15:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 12:27:06 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Heeeeeeyyy, I know you! Welcome back, man.

HaHaHa, thanks! Law school has consumed my life! This is my attempt of gaining some connection outside of my personal rat race!!!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 9:24:51 PM
At 11/20/2012 12:56:49 AM, FREEDO wrote:
What are the top five things you have learned through the experience?

1) LSAT does not help you in Law School
2) Learn how to write!!! (concisely)
3) Learn how to brief a case before you come to class
4) Read everything you are assigned
5) When called on, don't clam up. Answer the professor with your best knowledge of the doctrine or law that applies to the facts of your case.

This has been the best book... http://www.amazon.com...

I wish I would have read it before I started law school. It teaches you everything you need to know about writing. (and exams are all about writing)
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 1:21:54 AM
While I'm not from the US, perhaps you could still answer a few questions sir.

Firstly, is the demand for lawyers increasing in general? Also, in what areas of law is the growth occurring? What areas are declining?

Secondly, do Professors utilise the Socratic method at law school?

Thirdly, what is your experience with foreign legal systems through going to law school?

I probably ought to have more profound questions to ask, but I'd be much obliged if you answered just these.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 1:58:38 AM
What sort of GPA do law schools look for in applicants? How much work, in hours, of work do you do outside of class. What majors do law schools like their applicants to have?

Thanks for answering when you get the time.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 5:31:50 PM
At 11/22/2012 1:21:54 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Firstly, is the demand for lawyers increasing in general? Also, in what areas of law is the growth occurring? What areas are declining?

It has increased- not like before, but people are finding jobs with little more effort than in the 90's.

Secondly, do Professors utilise the Socratic method at law school?

Some do, and others are more new school- voluntarism, alphabetical order, and attempt to walk you through the doctrines rather than trying to talk you into circles.

Thirdly, what is your experience with foreign legal systems through going to law school?

That is not an interest of mine, but we do have classes in international law and an exchange program that will place you in another country so you can experience their legal system first hand.

I probably ought to have more profound questions to ask, but I'd be much obliged if you answered just these.

No problem!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 5:33:37 PM
At 11/23/2012 1:58:38 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
What sort of GPA do law schools look for in applicants? How much work, in hours, of work do you do outside of class. What majors do law schools like their applicants to have?

Thanks for answering when you get the time.

GPA's are a dime a dozen. They really want a high LSAT- but if you have a 4.0 and 150; you can still get into a good law school.