Send a Message
10/10/2009 6:58:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
God and macro evolution.

1. They are both in able to sense.

2. Both created life.

3. Both can create anything.

4. Both become man.

5. Both out do each other. (In a perspective from a godly view evolution is a lie, in that Satan started it in Genesis 3:5. And in that, it is an excuse to be sinful. From the other perspective God and Satan are mere mythical explanations which were used when things which are thought to be scientific were not known.)

6. Neither God or macro evolution are scientific.

7. Both cannot be proved, since both require an individual mind set.

8. Both are logical, but both cannot be correct. Micro must = macro. Morality must = eternal judgement.

There maybe more? But I'll just say this, maths, science and language all need to be in existence at once otherwise none would exist. Maths cannot exist without science, same goes for science, language sustains them both. In the same way, physicality, mentality and spirituality cannot exist without each other. Physicality cannot exist without mentality and like language, spirituality sustains them both.

It works like this, as a baby, you see mathematical formulas like a square, and you see science working, only until you start to use language do those things make sense, in mind or out loud.

In the same sense you cannot understand how and what physicality and mentality is without spirituality. You quite certainly see physicality and understand your thoughts, but you do not know or ever will know where physicality came from or what it is with out spirituality, and without mentality there is not physical matter.

"Just because I am not in existence does not mean nothing else is." Yes it does, are you everything or your self? If you are everything, fine, if you are just your self then nothing exists if you do not. Yes not even God. However you do, because you are reading this.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 7:07:55 PM
At 10/10/2009 6:58:56 PM, GodSands wrote:
God and macro evolution.

You can see, hear, touch, smell, or taste either of these things?

2. Both created life.

God-no. Macroevolution-yes.

No. Completely wrong. "Can an all-powerful being create something that is greater than itself?" ie. "Could an omnipotent being create a stone so heavy that even that being could not lift it?"

4. Both become man.

God-no. Macroevolution-yes.

5. Both out do each other. (In a perspective from a godly view evolution is a lie, in that Satan started it in Genesis 3:5. And in that, it is an excuse to be sinful. From the other perspective God and Satan are mere mythical explanations which were used when things which are thought to be scientific were not known.)

Satan can change God's will? That's new to me.

God can be. Macroevolution is.

Both of them can be proved.

8. Both are logical, but both cannot be correct. Micro must = macro. Morality must = eternal judgement.

Macroevolution is logical and correct, God is neither.

There maybe more? But I'll just say this, maths, science and language all need to be in existence at once otherwise none would exist. Maths cannot exist without science, same goes for science, language sustains them both. In the same way, physicality, mentality and spirituality cannot exist without each other. Physicality cannot exist without mentality and like language, spirituality sustains them both.

Huh...? 1+1 =/= 2 unless science? What..?

It works like this, as a baby, you see mathematical formulas like a square, and you see science working, only until you start to use language do those things make sense, in mind or out loud.

In the same sense you cannot understand how and what physicality and mentality is without spirituality. You quite certainly see physicality and understand your thoughts, but you do not know or ever will know where physicality came from or what it is with out spirituality, and without mentality there is not physical matter.

"Just because I am not in existence does not mean nothing else is." Yes it does, are you everything or your self? If you are everything, fine, if you are just your self then nothing exists if you do not. Yes not even God. However you do, because you are reading this.

[Yeah]
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 7:08:54 PM
God and macro evolution.

Ugh.

To sense, which I take you mean to be perceive, it must be conscious. Evolution is a blind, uncaring, natural process - it most definitely not conscious.

2. Both created life.

Wrong. Evolution explains the diversity of life, now the origins of it.

Are you seriously saying evolution is an omnipotent process?

4. Both become man.

Evolution made man, but it wasn't man. That's like saying the process of evaporation became vapor.

Two thins are similar when they contradict each other? Huh, is that right.

*sigh*

By that reasoning, nothing can be proved.

Are you saying God cannot be correct? Um, that sounds like a concession from theism is anything. And furthermore, if something is logically possible that it CAN be correct - you contradict yourself every time you speak.

Wtf.

You're getting into an incredibly rich and complex area of the science/philosophy of language. It's not as easy as "baby sees symbols and learns".

So much hogwash in these 2 paragraphs there's no point in responding.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 7:26:45 PM
God and macro evolution.

I don't know what this means exactly, but I'll assume that it means "there is no proof of it," which is true for God, but false for macro-evolution.

2. Both created life.

Incorrect. God doesn't exist so He couldn't create life, while macro-evolution and evolution in general isn't about the creation of life, but rather the advancement and characteristics of life.

Incorrect again.

4. Both become man.

Macro-evolution cannot "become man." It isn't an entity that morphs into something - it is a process, not a person.

5. Both out do each other.

You're still treating evolution as an entity.

(In a perspective from a godly view evolution is a lie, in that Satan started it in Genesis 3:5.

Satan never "started" the theory of evolution.

From the other perspective God and Satan are mere mythical explanations which were used when things which are thought to be scientific were not known.)

I don't know how that proves that anything outdoes itself or each other.

You're partly right, because no actual scientist calls it macro-evolution and addresses the idea of evolution in the idiotic way creationists do because they don't understand it.

Evolution has been proven, God has not. I don't know what you mean by an individual mind set.

Misunderstanding of science in order to try and construe it to excuse the logical absurdity that is God.

Bzzzt. Wrong. Math, science and language all exist separate from each other.

1 + 1 can exist fine without gravity and the word 'one'. We understand what 'one' is because of language, and we can figure out more stuff because science can delve deeper - but those are only reasoning faculties. Big difference.

That is a load of crock. If this was true, then I wouldn't be able to understand anything at all, and clearly I understand much more than you.

This makes no sense. You're an idiot.

"Just because I am not in existence doesn't mean nothing else is." Agreed. Just because you can't sense something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Are you willing to say that because a blind man cannot see, then there isn't anything to see at all?

The existence of something in the universe doesn't hinge on our ability to sense it, but our ability to sense it makes it existent to us. I hope you understand that.

Who am I kidding? You don't.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 7:26:45 PM
God and macro evolution.

What does this mean?

2. Both created life.
Evolution did not create life.

lolz, you really don't understand science.

4. Both become man.
Wait, God became man? Someone's a little arrogant.

wut

Except that there is evidence for evolution.

Evolution is not provable. It is not known whether God is provable, although people have certainly tried.

What do you mean by "logical"? Also, how do you support the assertion that morality must "equal" eternal judgment?

Math can exist without science. I don't know (or care) about the other connections.

You see mathematical formulas like a square? What?

Why is spirituality necessary at all?

wut
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 5:18:57 AM
: At 10/11/2009 2:54:57 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Godsands, you are now agnostic.

No, I believe in God not evolution. All these cooments are quite....shall I say awful?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 5:21:56 AM
1. They are both in able to sense. My apologies it is meant to be un able. In that you cannot experience both God or macro evolution due to everyday experience, they are both very personal.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 5:43:06 AM
At 10/11/2009 5:18:57 AM, GodSands wrote:

No, I believe in God not evolution. All these cooments are quite....shall I say awful?

You said there are equal amounts of proof for Atheism and God. Hence, your agnostic.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 5:59:41 AM
: At 10/11/2009 5:43:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

No, I believe in God not evolution. All these comments are quite....shall I say awful?

You said there are equal amounts of proof for Atheism and God. Hence, your agnostic.

From a agnostic view there should be, but I am a believer in God and Yeshua. I just have the openness to understand both side of the picture.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 6:09:34 AM
At 10/11/2009 5:59:41 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 10/11/2009 5:43:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

No, I believe in God not evolution. All these comments are quite....shall I say awful?

From a agnostic view there should be, but I am a believer in God and Yeshua. I just have the openness to understand both side of the picture.

No, one side of the picture is blurred to you. Besides, how can you believe both are valid as the other but STILL be a YEC christian?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 8:20:14 AM
God and macro evolution.

Do you mean unable.

2. Both created life.

What evidence do you have that God created life?
And macro evolution does not create life from scratch.

Again this requires evidence re God.
Also macro evolution can not create anything, it can not create a sun or a teasmade.

4. Both become man.

The trinity is one very dubious claim that it is relatively modern and fails to stand up to critique.

Hmmm.

Please learn what science is.

Meaningless/

Two illogical and incorrect statements.

Oh dear...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 10:04:12 AM
@GodSands

Your learning disorder shows in the first post you made. I think that you believe your post is intelligent, but to any normal person who can read and write, you look like you're an idiot. Why don't you make a video instead?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 10:43:03 AM

It's probably just mounting frustration at your inability to understand.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:39:08 PM
: At 10/12/2009 10:04:12 AM, Kleptin wrote:
@GodSands

Your learning disorder shows in the first post you made. I think that you believe your post is intelligent, but to any normal person who can read and write, you look like you're an idiot. Why don't you make a video instead?

I can't.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:00:55 PM
At 10/12/2009 12:39:08 PM, GodSands wrote:
@GodSands

I can't.

What do you mean you CAN'T? Look up how to make a video on google. Or just record an audio and put up a picture of Jesus and post that on youtube, then link us.

The fact of the matter is, you think that what you've said in the last few posts represent gems of wisdom and insight. Normal people look at it and are confused and think that you're a 5th grader.

Crazy people don't know that they're crazy. People who don't know what they are talking about, think that what they say makes perfect sense.

If you can't communicate correctly in one way, try another way. If you don't want to try another way, stop accusing people of not understanding.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 1:24:57 PM
: At 10/12/2009 1:00:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/12/2009 12:39:08 PM, GodSands wrote:
@GodSands

I can't.

What do you mean you CAN'T? Look up how to make a video on google. Or just record an audio and put up a picture of Jesus and post that on youtube, then link us.

The fact of the matter is, you think that what you've said in the last few posts represent gems of wisdom and insight. Normal people look at it and are confused and think that you're a 5th grader.

Crazy people don't know that they're crazy. People who don't know what they are talking about, think that what they say makes perfect sense.

If you can't communicate correctly in one way, try another way. If you don't want to try another way, stop accusing people of not understanding.

It seems that you Kleptin are the only one who does not understand me. I will continue typing, that maybe will make me more understandable.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 1:53:27 PM
At 10/13/2009 1:24:57 PM, GodSands wrote:
It seems that you Kleptin are the only one who does not understand me. I will continue typing, that maybe will make me more understandable.

GodSands, no one understands you, and it isn't because of your typing, because even if you made a video, or maybe an audio recording, I don't know, you would still sound absolutely inane. It is because your ideas, despite the respect I must give them, don't make any sense, and never will.

I'm willing to bet Kleptin was just humouring you when he said a video might help.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 2:58:50 PM
: At 10/13/2009 1:53:27 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/13/2009 1:24:57 PM, GodSands wrote:

GodSands, no one understands you, and it isn't because of your typing, because even if you made a video, or maybe an audio recording, I don't know, you would still sound absolutely inane. It is because your ideas, despite the respect I must give them, don't make any sense, and never will.

I'm willing to bet Kleptin was just humouring you when he said a video might help.

I will not make a video - understood?